Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so what are the chances...

Well I'm relatively new, banded 9/19/09 with 2 fills, but I haven't had any vomiting yet!

I was banded in July. I have thrown up twice. Both times it was after I was at my sweet spot and I ate greasy food. The first was 5 french fries. Both times I just threw up the little bit I had eaten and there was not much heaving involved like you get with the flu or something. I did not feel bad after I threw up. It sure was a lesson about what I can not eat.

I'd say your chances are slim to none..sorry.

I have never vomited (banded since May). I have gotten suck a few times and had bad pain in my chest but never vomited. I feel i am pretty tight too. I chew my food really well and take same bites and never eat over 3/4 cup. so it is possible but everyone's bodies are different

hmmm...so, for each of you, is it about making sure you chew thoroughly and take small bites and dont rush it? (thats a skill i will definitely need to learn!) or is it specifically about what you are actually eating?

or a combination of the two?

I'm two years out, and it was near a year before I ever had a PB. I still don't very often, but the band is a quirky, fickle, ever-changing thing and you simply can't predict it. So many things can affect it. Illness, fever, flyinig in airplanes, stress, your period, anger or grief, over eating, not chewing properly, eating to fast, fills. The list goes on....... Every day is different. You literally have to LEARN your personal, specific band patterns. What works for one, won't for another. Be patient. Also remember that frequent and consistant PB or vomiting is NOT NORMAL and can indeed be DANGEROUS in many ways. If it happens frequently, CALL YOUR DOCTOR. Take the process and the journey to good health slowly. Remember, you're in this for your health. Listen to your body, take notes and learn your lessons. It will all be fine and SO WORTH IT!!!!!

5 months banded i have not thrown up...yet thankfully

oops .... make that 3 times ........... I had a little episode this morning. I ate something too solid when my band had that morning tightness. I should have known better.

Reading the replies, I was amazed to see that there was anyone who said never. I'd say that is the exception rather than the rule.

Your skills at eating slowly and chewing well will definitely help. But I have had a couple of times where what went down---came up. Not often, but I did not have a choice in the matter.

Denise

I haven't thrown up yet either but I'm also relatively new. I have always had a cast Iron stomach so I'm hoping that helps me! "fingers crossed"

I am only 10 weeks, 2 fills in, but knock on wood no vomitting yet...OH PLEASE GOD!!! I hate vomitting.

I never vomit, ever. PB? Yeah, that's happened a bit. They are two entirely different things!!! Vomiting uses strong spasms to entirely expel the contents of your stomach (food, acid, yuck) but a PB is just the expulsion of food stuck in your esophagus, usually as the result of eating too fast, taking too big a bite or not chewing well enough. I was a bit too tight and was getting stuck at least once every meal and having a fair number of PBs but a tiny (.2cc) unfill fixed that. Now a PB pretty much never happens.

No BPs for me as yet! :lol:

Banded: 11/9/2009

1st Fill: 12/7 5cc in a Realize 11cc band

Start: 264:cursing:/

Current: 235:angry_smile:/

GOAL: 145:Banane20:

weight.png

Edited by gramma-O

thanks for all your responses folks! i feel a little better! i see that i will just need to work on mindful eating in preparation for the band....

gawd, i hate throwing up! its been at least a couple years since i last did and i dont want to have vomiting become a daily occurrence in my life!