Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

is this pain in my left side a bad stitch or gas?

Views
Started by cindie74, Feb 01, 2009 5:45 AM
6 replies to this topic
6 replies to this topic

cindie74

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted February 1, 2009 - 5:45 AM

Hi,
Im 4 days post op and today have a terrible stitch in my side which has lasted all day.Its not high up to be passed as the gas shoulder pain that everyone is talking about,its in my side and feels like a bad bad stitch but believe me,i havent been in no state to be doing exercises to get a stitch?
Have i overeaten or should i say over drank my fluids,or would it be the gas but lower or is it a normal stitch?
thnaks

TC27

Expert Member

Posted February 1, 2009 - 8:51 AM

Hi,
Im 4 days post op and today have a terrible stitch in my side which has lasted all day.Its not high up to be passed as the gas shoulder pain that everyone is talking about,its in my side and feels like a bad bad stitch but believe me,i havent been in no state to be doing exercises to get a stitch?
Have i overeaten or should i say over drank my fluids,or would it be the gas but lower or is it a normal stitch?
thnaks

Hi cindie - I was 4 days post op yesterday and I had the same pain. Its a lot better today, but I can still feel it. Maybe it's normal?? T x

heatherv

Intermediate Member

Posted February 1, 2009 - 8:57 AM

Hi Cindie! It could definitely be gas. I had a TON yesterday. I'm 4 days pop today. Try moving around. I actually had a lot come out last night while I was laying in bed.

Jennyt71

A Dr Marvin Cheerleader

• Surgeon: Robert Marvin
  • Surgery Date: Jan 2009
  • Height: 5 feet 6 inches
  • Starting Weight: 245
  • Weight Lost: 80
  • Current Weight: 165
  • Goal Weight: 145
  • BMI: 26.6
  • My Blogs
Posted February 1, 2009 - 9:16 AM

I had the same pain for a few days early last week (was banded 1/22), but its gone now. I think its the same pain you are talking about - seems like it was under my left ribs.

kastoner

Advanced Member

Posted February 1, 2009 - 10:28 AM

I had the same pain just under my left ribs. I am now 5 days post op. Keo in mind that if you had the band placed laproscopically the surgeon had to manipulate the instruments from the incision sites to the upper part of your stomach. I am a nurse and have watched this surgery multiple times but still wasn't prepared for how I would feel afterwards. Percocet and rest helps. don't overdo it yet.

10525xylon

• Height: 5 feet 1 inches
Posted February 28, 2010 - 6:34 AM

I am 5 days post op lapband and have such severe gas and bloating. I am up at 4:00 am and cannot sleep. I have only had liquids - have followed instructions - Am worried I am having gall bladder attack?

BetsyB

Bariatric Hero

• Surgeon: Brian Lahmann
  • Height: 5 feet 2 inches
  • Starting Weight: 249
  • Weight Lost: -1235
  • Current Weight: 1484
  • Goal Weight: 109
  • BMI: 271.4
Posted February 28, 2010 - 6:58 AM

Days 3 and 4 are often the worst for gas. I hope you feel better fast! Get up and walking as much as you can--it really helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Oct 22
    LilMsDiva Irene Rny

There will be some people whose jealousy will be apparent even though they tr...

Show comments (4)
View All Updates