Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third fill and something is very different and strange!!!

I had my 3rd fill on 1-19.... the first 2 were just a snap and I had no problem at all... they want 24 hours of liquids after the fill.. This last one was different.. The PA tried and tried to feel the top of the port.. stuck me 3 times, but after much prodding and poking and asking me to do a "crunch" and hold it, she called the surgeon in to help. Well, he really prodded and poked..hard....but he found it.. it had moved a bit and was at an angle... I wasn't overly uncomfortable through this and the swallow of Water went well... After a few hours I started experiencing lots of gas...wanted to belch all the time.. then my back and neck started to hurt.. By the next day I was miserable.. I went to see my chiropractor and he said my neck and middle back were out, probably from pulling up on my neck during the "crunches"... I'm still working on getting that back to normal, but it's the stomach part that still concerns me.. Up till now I haven't felt much restriction and this feels so different and strange. I can drink and eat (haven't gone past soft foods much yet) just fine... nothing comes back or slimes. Yet I still have this gaseous feeling and the need to belch so often. I am also sore from the prodding and poking.. And I feel crampy down low almost like menstrual cramps.. I'm not constipated. Does this sound like something I should be worried about? I'm thinking I just got pretty jostled around and it will be getting better. So far it isn't much.... I don't think I'm too tight as I can eat and drink.. Anyone have any suggestions about this...Oh, and I'm losing like crazy..... Thanks for listening.. Julie

Edited by Mrs. Bubba

Well, I don't really know about the cramping and such. You probalby are sore from the proding and poking. I know for me, my 3rd fill was when I hit restriction. I could drink just fine and eat about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food at a time. That was back in October 08, I have since had my 4th fill, but for some reason it did not restrict me as much as the 3rd, wierd. Right now I can eat about 1 cup of food. I am at a good place right now because I can eat healthy foods, protiens and veggies and fill up on them.

You probably are at a good spot for restriction. Now about your pain and discomfort, I would say if it does not get any better then go see your doctor.

Best of luck to you

:confused:I'm interested to see the answer to this. I am also having a very similar reaction to my second fill. I am able to eat and drink, but I too am very gassy and somewhat crampy. No Constipation here either. I am having a little bit of discomfort on my rt side, i'm guessing where my band is. I had that last fill too, but it got better. It is not bad enough to take tylenol, just a bit uncomfortable. Maybe this is restriction???? I have no idea. I am going to keep tabs on this post. Best of luck to you. :thumbup:

I'm not sure about all this but it would definitely be best if you called your surgeon. They tell you if you are uncomfortable then it is best if you call right away. You do not want to injure yourself or cause problems with your band . I hope you feel better.

I am one that has a lot of problem with gas. When I am very gassy I have a pain in my left side right below my ribs. When I am gassy, I have a hard time getting down foods and some times even Water. I take gas medicine every day. The tighter I get, the worse it gets. I had .5 cc's taken out. Right now its bad enough that my shoulder is hurting. I am still really gassy, but at least I can get food down. However, everyone in my family has had the flu, so I hoping that has not helped the gas. I do get constipated really bad. I am going to start eating more Fiber, and eating the activa yogert to see if that helps at all.

I see you are at 7cc. That is were I was at before my last unfil. Maybe you need to have .5cc taken out.

Hey there Mrs Bubba !!! Wow - you've really lost the weight !

I also had trouble with one of my fills, and was sore like you. I was told it was just because i had used muscles I didnt use normally. lol

So, are you "doing" anything in particular that you've lost so much ? Or are you one of the fortunate few ? :thumbup:

Congrats again on the loss ! Take care ...

Bobbie

Hi BobbieND.... good to hear from you.. I don't think I'm doing anything special. I eat what I want most of the time... just not very much of it.. I only lost 4 pounds in the month over the holidays and was disappointed in that, but very happy that I didn't let all the goodies push me backwards... I'm just so confused by these last happenings. I used to own and operate a fitness center like "Curves".. Long story short, my equipment has been in storage for a while. Recently one of our rental spaces became empty and my husband set up the circuit for me. Tuesday was the first time I tried it in many many months... I have a rather weak back and neck and it must have been too much for me. I went very slow and easy, but the machines were cold and very stiff... I think I hurt myself. I also think it just happened to coincide with my very rough fill... I'm no doctor, but I do know my body well enough... I did call my doctor today after I was in to get another chiropractor treatment. So far they haven't called me back... I'm thinking this is going to get better, but I better stick to walking for a while yet...

Another reason my loss might seem fast is that I have quite a bit to lose. I started at 387.... That's over 200 to my goal weight.. I'm happy with my loss and still it would be nice for it to go faster. Don't we all want it to be overnight!!!!! I hope everyone else is doing well.... take care.......Julie

Bloom, did you have a bunch in your band at the time of surgery? If you had 7 before your last unfill, you must have.... I had 3 cc's at surgery... Lots don't get that right away I've learned...

Mrs Bubba,

I also had a rough third fill a few weeks ago. The Dr. could not find the top of the port. I was poked and pressed on for atleast 10 minutes. He finally got it in and gave me a 1cc fill.

Well needless to say I was nauseous and very sore. I called into work the next day just so I could rest. I think all the pushing hurt my insides. I am also very gassy with this past fill. When Im hungry I belch and when I eat a little too much I belch. I also get the pain in my left shoulder often. Hope your feeling better. Just wanted to let you know that you were not alone.

RAINWI, thanks for the encouragement.. I did talk to the doctor's office yesterday and they just don't think it could be anything they did because I can eat and drink.. I think they are wrong... The only thing that changed was all the rough handling I got in that office. I believe it is just going to take time for me to get back to normal... My back is a bit better today and I have no headache.. But the stomach is about the same.. My insides feel very weird.. It hurts to cough or sneeze... It's like when I first had my surgery and had that big incision... Doc said it would take time because he had to jostle me around so much... well, this is about the same... Thanks again for responding.. It's good to know I'm not imagining this whole thing.. Julie

Bloom, did you have a bunch in your band at the time of surgery? If you had 7 before your last unfill, you must have.... I had 3 cc's at surgery... Lots don't get that right away I've learned...

I honestly have no clue how much they put in at surgery. I may be a bit off on my fills and unfills, I was doing it from memory. I had no clue how much I had in the band until last visit because the NP took it all out and it measured 7cc, then (I believe) she took out .5 cc. My doctor is kind of weird about telling how much he puts in and takes out.

I honestly have no clue how much they put in at surgery. I may be a bit off on my fills and unfills, I was doing it from memory. I had no clue how much I had in the band until last visit because the NP took it all out and it measured 7cc, then (I believe) she took out .5 cc. My doctor is kind of weird about telling how much he puts in and takes out.

Isn't if funny how doctors are so different. Why would he not want you totally informed about your situation.. My PA always withdraws what is in there to check for leaks and then tells me how much she put back in.. This last time I even looked up and saw what she was doing...

Before this last time, the Dr did an unfill. He was walking out the door and I asked him how much he took out, and he said just a smidgen. I was thinking, ok how much is a smidgen. Last time he told me he took out .5 cc's so that must be more than a smidgen, so maybe .2 or .3 cc's. Nope, I find out by the NP that he took out .5 cc's. Not because I ask, she said well last time dr. took out .5cc's. Let see how much is in there.