Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

come out Come out Wherever you are.

So.

I am guilty of not visiting this thread like I should, but I will now.

Lets get some threads moving around here. I'll start.

I'm Tara and am a big ol lesbian.

I paint, sketch, and sometimes write really bad stories I force my girlfriend to read and comment on. Eventually I would like to be a fulltime artist. Right now I answer the phone for a toyota dealership. But it pays my bills and buys my art supplies.

I have the most awesome girlfriend ever. She does cancer research. She knows nothing about art, but I know nothing about science so it works out. She keeps me grounded and I keep her young.

I live in Louisiana and I'm out which is harder than it sounds as I'm in shreveport and not in New Orleans. I want to someday move to Austin where I will certainly help to "keep austin weird". They have a good science community too which is important to my babe.

Anyway. Who's next?:smile2:

RSG - I'm not a lesbian, but I am very active in gay rights.

I have been influenced by a cousin who has been with her girlfriend ever since I was a kid...She's 12 years older and they're in their 40's now. I saw her go through bf after bf and when she came out, she was the happiest I ever saw her. The two of them are the most stable relationship I've ever witnessed.

I just saw this thread in new posts and wanted to offer my support! :smile2:

Thanks Glou. I've missed you.

I tried guys and it was a big mess. I was so not interested. But It was hard for me to accept myself...but I did and I couldn't be happier.

I am happy for you. I have to admit - the only thing about the bf I really don't like is that he is a bit homophobic. Behind my house on the corner my neighbors are gay and I visit them by myself. He's learned to keep his mouth shut around me, but I'm not sure I've changed his mind.

I just keep asking, "How does it effect YOU?"

I just don't get it. Why do other people care so much? What are the reasonings behind it? It's sad, really.

But, I am always happy when people are out and happy and showing it in the face of people who care over-much what others are doing.

Someone posted here the other day, and I don't know who...or why...but they quoted: The best revenge is to live well!

I agree 100%.

re: Austin's weirdness - Never been to Austin! Why is it weird?

"Keep Austin Weird" is austin's slogan. They have a big music and art scene. The only thing I don't like about it is I want to move somewhere with LESS humidity not more.

Hi....I'm Harvest and I've been with my girlfriend for 22 years now. I teach elementary school (22 years). My girlfriend is a legal advocate for senior citizen benifits.

My hobbies include golf, drumming, golf, arts and crafts, golf, woodworking, golf, and did I mention golf. I grew up in a tiny town called Indian Lake in upstate New York. I went to college...at BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY!!!! I took my first teaching job in southern California (Riverside) and stayed there for 18 years. My girlfriend and I finally found our way out of the smog and moved to Wisconsin four years ago. We live in a quaint little town just south on Madison. We live a comfortable noncomplicated life with our three cats and two year old welsh corgi.

Hi!

My name is Stacey. I have been with my gf for almost 10 years. I am a special ed teacher (22 years) and she is a chef (24 year) We live in a farming community on a small horse farm in Michigan. We have 3 horses, ducks, turkeys and chickens. We also have 3 Goldens, 1 Peek and a multitude of cats. We love to garden, fish and work outside. We live quite a wonderful life. We are out to friends, famly and co-wokers. Our life is simple, no drama and very fulfilling. We laugh a lot and hardly ever disagree. We have both been married, she has 3 children,(all grown) I do not.

She is the love of my life.

I was banded June 10th and have lost almost 30 pounds so far.

Life is good!

Stacey

If anyone's partner is interested, my partner started a forum for friends and family support under social groups. She'd love to connect with your families. She's a great support and wants to connect with other partners of lap bandsters.

Ready,

I'm straight but my daughter is pansexual (sp). When I read what you said about Austin and weird it reminded me of a show that was on a few years ago, I think it was on MTV and it was about a group of people living in Austin and I loved it. Did you ever see that show, it was weird but in a good way. Nanook:smile:

Hi all,

Count me in I was married for over 20 years and had 3 great children. But always felt that somthing was missing in my life. Then 12 years ago this September I met the love of my life and finally came home. We have both lived and went to school in the area. However, we met each other through her partner at work. We both work in government. I have to say my life is wonderful and she is my rock. We are empty nesters now and very happy although the youngest is home from college right now for the Summer. I had the Lap Band because I was so tired of not being able to do all the things that I enjoy, like traveling and was so tired all the time. I really enjoy this forum.

Hi jsja2,

How are things going with my fellow Blumofe bandster? Don't you see her tomorrow (Wed.)? I see her on Thursday. I can't wait for the green light to drive again! I just short of stir crazy today. I've never been on the internet sooooo long before. I did get out for a longer walk today...all the way to the drug store three blocks away...wow.

Ready,

I'm straight but my daughter is pansexual (sp). When I read what you said about Austin and weird it reminded me of a show that was on a few years ago, I think it was on MTV and it was about a group of people living in Austin and I loved it. Did you ever see that show, it was weird but in a good way. Nanook:smile:

No, I didn't catch that one I don't think. Was it the real world? I haven't been up to date on my MTV because when I moved out I didn't bother getting cable last year and I moved out (of my parents home) about eight years ago now (I'm 26 I think I forgot to mention that). I have visited Austin twice. It actually reminds me alot of shreveport, where I live the way the town is set up so thats good. I don't like crowding and it is so spread out...but it is so much more eclectic. We have tiny tiny art shows here in shreveport and I have even had a few things in art shows...but it's not where it needs to be. Austin also has a Woman's book store that I could just sit in for hours. I spent most of my money there last time I went.

Hi all,

Count me in I was married for over 20 years and had 3 great children. But always felt that somthing was missing in my life. Then 12 years ago this September I met the love of my life and finally came home. We have both lived and went to school in the area. However, we met each other through her partner at work. We both work in government. I have to say my life is wonderful and she is my rock. We are empty nesters now and very happy although the youngest is home from college right now for the Summer. I had the Lap Band because I was so tired of not being able to do all the things that I enjoy, like traveling and was so tired all the time. I really enjoy this forum.

Jsjs

That sounds like a wonderful life you have made for yourself.