Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Illinois Peoria-Bloomington Area

There is a really nice group of people from the Champaign area who meet monthly at Panera. I know it is a long way to go, but maybe we could try that sometime. You can meet up with them at the "USA Local Lap-Band Support", "Illinois", "Champaign IL Anyone" thread.

I too was banded in Clinton and it appears as though there is a support system in place down there and in the Champaign/Springfield areas but I, like you, would like to not travel so far. I had also heard that the Peoria group is a bit "Peoriaish" if you will. I made my concerns known to the practitioner Janine at IBC when I had my fill on Monday. She said that she noticed that there was a need in the Bloomington area and that she would talk to Dr. Rohrschieb about it. Until then......we could see what we could do about getting together on our own somewhere??

:eek::wink_smile:I live in Mackinaw,towards Peoria from Bloomington, but why don't we pick a place and meet once a month at a resturant, if we had enough we could ask or a larger area than the norm, eat alittle talk alittle and compare notes, just be a life line for each other, I certainly need that right now, I get my first fill this Monday March 3rd.Tell ya what Let me look into finding a good place to go, not expenceive, but not a dump either, you guys that are willing to meet let me know the days that would be better for you,tuesday, thurdays aren't bad for me. I f we could all agree I'll get us a place! and we could start our get togethers as soon as March,Just need a day of the week,then decide on first,2nd,3rd or 4th week of that month..Then I'll pick out a couple places and we can all agree on one place.we can talk about this till the cows come home, but if we want to get together we have to move forward with the plans. Becky

My Thursdays are pretty busy in April, but the Tuesdays look good. After April I could keep either day open once we decide which week we are going to meet. I'm going to pass on March. It is already full and I will be on the pre-op diet and then having surgery on the 26th. Thank you for taking this on. Let's hope others can meet. I think Kristin 1031, Karri 68 and dawntunes may be interested. Right Ladies???

Cool, it would appear as though we may just have the makings of a new Bloomington area "band group." :biggrin2: I must admit that I am a Biggest Loser fan and like to watch that on Tuesdays, but hey, that can always be recorded. The kids have 4-H on every 3rd Thursday and so that week of the month is out otherwise I would be ok with the 4th, 6th, 11th or 13th of March. Six to 6:30 is about the earliest I can meet because of my job. I do know that the bypass group uses the North Main Street Denny's in Normal, it's right off of the highway and they go to the back room......just an idea. I think that they kind of have this standing appt. with the restaurant and as far as I know Denny's is cool with it. You guys can contact me via my email too at dawnstunes@yahoo.com

It looks like Tuesdays might be a good day, now, how about the first Tuesday of each month, starting with April? I ask Dawnstunes to check with Dennys in Normal about just using their back room, hope she will check on that. The first meeting could be April 1st, thats the first Tuesday of April. we could at least start out then and once we meet we could change things ,times, dates, so forth as we needed too.This get together doesn't have to be a long get together, eat alittle something and share our thoughts.We all work I'm sure so none of us want to be out to late, I would be driving about 20miles one way..

I will only be out of surgery six days on April 1, but if I feel ok to drive that far I will come. Let me know when you decide on a place and time.

Carol, think I'll just say April 1, about 6:30, then we can go from there if thats not a good time for us or the majority, we can change it, at least we will be off and running. Hope you'll be doing okay, I went back to work in 5 days, I did really good. hope to see you then, In Christian Love and Respect Becky

to anyone that is wanting to join our little get together, it will be April 1st at the Dennys in Normal, All I can tell you how to get there is go straight by the College,keep going out that main road you can't miss it.on the left side.There are a couple of us that will be wearing bright yellow sweatshirts, if you have one wear it, it will represent a new beginning, our journey full of sunshine and laughter.....Hope to see you all there, we then can decide on what is a good time and day but will at least have this group up and going. I need the support and sure others do too, all welcome. God Bless. In Christian Love and Respect, Becky

Hi Kristin-

I was born and raised in Peoria, but moved to the Springfield area in the early 70's. When and where did you have your lap band? I'm scheduled for March 26 and getting really excited.

Carol

I had my Band on Nov 9th by Dr DeBord at OSF in Peoria.

I am in galesburg I go to peoria at least once a month it seems like. I was banded 12/19/07. I just turned 40 last wk so around the same age.

Oh and good luck Carol I sure you will do just fine.

Hi Karri nice to meet you, I will be 47 this fall.

Yes and Carol good luck to you, I remember the excitement waiting for my surgery as well.

Hi. I live on the other side of Morton, was banded January 25, have had some problems, but I am getting there, have not had a fill yet first fill is March13th, have lost about 15 pounds, and now at a stand still. Looking forward to that day, have no restriction at all, maybe we can get together sometime for lunch.:thumbup:Becky

Hi Becky that would be awesome....I do not have a fill either and I am doing well without it, I am trying to hold off as long as I can, simply want to see what the band can do without the saline and my surgeon told me he has had patients go a year without needing a fill. Congrats on your 15 pounds that is AWESOME!!

:smile::wink_smile:I live in Mackinaw,towards Peoria from Bloomington, but why don't we pick a place and meet once a month at a resturant, if we had enough we could ask or a larger area than the norm, eat alittle talk alittle and compare notes, just be a life line for each other, I certainly need that right now, I get my first fill this Monday March 3rd.Tell ya what Let me look into finding a good place to go, not expenceive, but not a dump either, you guys that are willing to meet let me know the days that would be better for you,tuesday, thurdays aren't bad for me. I f we could all agree I'll get us a place! and we could start our get togethers as soon as March,Just need a day of the week,then decide on first,2nd,3rd or 4th week of that month..Then I'll pick out a couple places and we can all agree on one place.we can talk about this till the cows come home, but if we want to get together we have to move forward with the plans. Becky

I love this idea Ladies and we should definatley do this. I work fulltime and workout at the RiverPlex in Peoria 6 days a week so my time is limited. However I my Thursdays and two mondays of the month I am free. Let me know what you decide.

to anyone that is wanting to join our little get together, it will be April 1st at the Dennys in Normal, All I can tell you how to get there is go straight by the College,keep going out that main road you can't miss it.on the left side.There are a couple of us that will be wearing bright yellow sweatshirts, if you have one wear it, it will represent a new beginning, our journey full of sunshine and laughter.....Hope to see you all there, we then can decide on what is a good time and day but will at least have this group up and going. I need the support and sure others do too, all welcome. God Bless. In Christian Love and Respect, Becky

I would love to come Ladies but since I work til 4:30 and have a Water aerobics class on Tuesday nights from 5 til 6 this will not work for me. But don't let that stop you all from getting together. It sounds like it will be lots of fun.

As for the Peoria support group there is one through OSF but it for their patients only. I attend that meeting and have been asked to help mentor and faciliate that meeting. I still would like to get a group going outside of it.

I want to have some support on here as well since we only meet once a month it is just enough in my opinion.

If anyone is willing to meet somewhere in Peoria please let me know. I am flexible on Monday and Thursday and on Saturday or Sunday afternoons for me as well.

The rest of my days are filled with work and working out religiously.