Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Illinois Peoria-Bloomington Area

Hi Ladies-

When Becky and I met in Lincoln we decided to try a lunch on Saturday, May 24 at 11:30 in Morton. We were going to try Applebee's, but it looks like it has closed. Are we going to Ruby Tuesday's? Is that right off of 74? KRISTI - can you meet us there? Anyone else reading this is very welcome to join us. At our earlier meets we all wore yellow shirts so we could recognize each other.

I had my first fill on Monday. I tried to call Becky when I got out, but you must have been on your way to IBC. Anyway, after the "harpooning" I asked the P.A. why they don't use something like novacaine to numb the area. You were right, Becky, she said it would take too long with each patient because they would have to wait 10 or 15 minutes. However, she did say "I could give you a shot first though", and she pointed to the bottle on the table. She said it would feel like a bee sting. I told her that I had to drive an hour each way so another 10 minutes wouldn't bother me at all. She said, "With the shot I wouldn't have to wait at all". Believe me, next time I am going to try it to see if it helps.

IBC recently met with the band company and they are now recommending fills at one month increments. She said that if it fit my schedule better, they could do it in two weeks. My next appointment is May 19. I may have a little restriction from this fill, but not much. Unless it changes, I will definitely be ready for more.

Hope everyone can meet on the 24th. Stay healthy!

Carol, told you so, how you like that, at least you had the PA, My last fill has been pretty goo I think, infact, maybe to much, I am trying to ride it out and see, I am having trouble eating more than couple bites of anything, the fluids go down just great, but food is another story. Can't wait to see every one at Ruby Tuesdays on May 22, it will be a nice time. Hope all can come... Becky:tt2:

Carol,I am so sorry, you are right,Mat 24,ruby Tuesdays,at 11:30,Love ya anyway,,,,,,,,,,,

I am in galesburg I go to peoria at least once a month it seems like. I was banded 12/19/07. I just turned 40 last wk so around the same age.

Oh and good luck Carol I sure you will do just fine.

Hi Karri

I'm in Galesburg, too. I'm having surgery this Wednesday. Good to hear you've done well. Maybe I'll see you at support group sometime. :wink_smile:

I will be there at 11:30 and its Ruby Tuesdays, right off the interstate,not Apple Bees,, sorry I told you wrong, there is not apple bees........Love ya Carol! PS, unless know one is coming and then I will stay home...

Don't forget to wear YELLOW,that helps knowing that you are part of our "PARTY"

Carol, I woke up this AM with worst Head ach, I feel it the weather, but I can hardly function, so I am not going to go today, want you to get this before you head out! If you have some others that have said they are coming good, but I didnt want you to travel that far and me not be there, and noone else show up, nLove ya, Becky:thumbdown:

I checked my messages about 8:00 this morning, then headed out about 9:30 so I didn't get your message. No one else showed up. I kept thinking that I went to the wrong place. I waited until noon, then ordered some cheese Soup and had a couple of crackers. Since I was so close, I decided to go to the Riverboat and throw away some money.

On Monday I got my second fill and actually now know what "restriction" is. Hopefully I can begin to lose some weight.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I had every intention of coming to Morton but plans changed and I was in Bloomington when I should have been in Morton!! :tongue2: Just wondering how everyone was getting along. I had another fill on Thursday and I am now at 2.8CC. This feels like it's about right, although I have to remember not to take a large drink of Water in the AM with my dry mouth. OUCH YIKES!! The morning starts out slow and then I am able to have a little more at lunch and then a small supper so that just might work. Girls, I am really struggling with that bad vein in my leg and am headed to the surgeon again on Friday to see about when we can do surgery. The whole superficial vein is just hardening and clotting here and there and it is inflammed and sore!! My mobility and lifestyle has taken a hit and I am more sedentary than I had been = less exercise= less wt. loss. The doctor seems to think that I am a good candidate for the laser method and so I will be more mobile after the procedure. Keep your fingers crossed........I just want it fixed so that I can ride my bike and get moving again. I have a few more pounds to get rid of to get to my mile marker and I want it gone. Let me know how you are all doing. Happy Summer!!

Hi Everyone,

How is you summer going? I haven't talked with anyone and was hopeful that you are all well. I had to have surgery last month for a blood clot in my leg, entire vein stripped from groin to below knee. I am pre-disposed to having problems and am taking Coumadin again, boo hoo. I had this big plan for the summer with my exercise routine and wanted to be more toned and fit but life happens!! I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 80# since surgery and am feeling much better otherwise. I am really getting lots of compliments anymore and it feels nice.

Drop me a line and let me know how you are all getting along. We are in the midst of fair projects these days with the 3 kiddo's and so I am not sure that I can get away for an "yellow shirts" outting until the 2nd week of August. Busy Momma!!

Hi-

How are you doing Dawn? Did the surgery help your legs? This has been a busy summer. I haven't been checking in on this site much at all. Tomorrow I go back to Clinton. Still not losing much. They will probably give me another small fill.

Maybe this fall we can all try to get together again.