Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Anybody got AARP Medicare Complete aka Secure Horizons

Views
Started by yellowroseaz, Feb 14, 2008 7:01 PM
3 replies to this topic
3 replies to this topic

yellowroseaz

A New Me is Waiting!

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted February 14, 2008 - 7:01 PM

I was told they will pay all but $150.00 but they say it's all up to my PCP to prove I need it. They can't tell me what they require as proof. Does anyone know? I have an appt. with my PCP next week. I hope he sees it my way.:mad:

Posted February 14, 2008 - 8:46 PM

I just found out today that Medicare requires a 6 month supervised diet, I am not sure if yours follows the CMS/Medicare guidlines or not but it kinda of stinks if you ask me. Most times you can pull their policies up on-line and look for Morbid Obesity.

Good luck in your search.

Futr littl Debi

Posted February 15, 2008 - 1:11 AM

SecureHorizons is the Medicare product from PacifiCare. If you qualified for the surgery itself, PacifiCare used to require a 6 month telephone counseling, plus a psych eval and nutritionist. They recently dropped the telephone counseling requirement. Because PacifiCare and SecureHorizons are offered by the same company, they probably have the same requirements, but no guarantees. My doctor's office knew exactly what my insurance requirements were when I went in for the seminar. I would think your best bet would be to check with them.

LAN2k

Advanced Member

Posted May 30, 2009 - 4:32 PM

Has anyone used GHI PPO plan, if so do you know what their preapproval requirements are and which procedures are covered?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply