Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone stuck?

Well, I've jogged 2 miles in each of the last 2 days, and big surprise - the scale is moving again. Lost 3 lbs alone in those 2 days. It's not a scientific study since it can fluctuate and it's only been 2 days, but there you go - cardio helps. Duh. What's crazy to me is I burned the same calories for that run as I would've for the same 2 mile walk (I think?) that I do daily anyway - but I guess not all calories are created equal. Getting the heartrate up must make your body react differently and search for or use energy differently.

So that's encouraging anyway. I'm going to do some bike-spin today at lunch instead because I'll get bored with running quickly - need to mix it up. But getting the heartrate up has helped already, if you look at the results after being at a plateau for awhile.

DreamTheater, think about it in terms of time spent exercising. You may have burned the same calories running two miles as you did walking two miles but you burned them in a faster amount of time running.

Its helped me to read this thread- thank yall! I've been at the same weight for about 2 months- much of is because I've not been following the "rules" and have been snacking on more things - the good news is that I didn't gain weight which I would have pre band.

I'm trying to change up my cardio- my trainer suggested adding in stair master (I have a foot issue and cant run) and am being much more vigilant about logging my calories. Hopefully this last 25-35 lbs will start going away :confused:

I have 30 lbs to go. The only thing that helped me was increasing my exercise and joining Weight Watchers. I dedicated 10 weeks to the program. My goal is to get down 15-20 lbs in those 10 weeks so I am close to goal. My goal is 185 and I'm 5'8". I want to be a size 16. I'm in an 18 right now.

Hello all,

I had my band installed May 2007. I am one year out. I started out at 232lbs and am now at 180. Thats a 52 pd wght loss. I would like to loose 30 more. Anything at 150 or below. I am 5'6. I have been at this wght for 3 months..can't seem to get off this plateau. The funny thing is that this is the weight that i could always diet down to before I had the band. Then I would get discouraged and blow it and gain all of the weight back. At least now I won't gain the weight back! I love this band but I am not where I thought I would be in a year. But, I finally accepted the reality that this is not magic..it does take a tremendouse amount of dedication to take the wght off. I am getting there and no that I will succeed! I have gone from a size 18 to a 14 in one year. I am off of the Blood Pressure medicine. I feel so much better. I am just a very slow looser. I say that I stick to around 1200-1500 cals a day. What has slowed me down is that I don't exercise. So it's my own fault. I do fall off the wagon from time to time and eat slider foods that I shouldn't. I know what I do wrong. I will get it right one day at a time.

Blessings, Weazer

Hello all,

I had my band installed May 2007. I am one year out. I started out at 232lbs and am now at 180. Thats a 52 pd wght loss. I would like to loose 30 more. Anything at 150 or below. I am 5'6. I have been at this wght for 3 months..can't seem to get off this plateau. The funny thing is that this is the weight that i could always diet down to before I had the band. Then I would get discouraged and blow it and gain all of the weight back. At least now I won't gain the weight back! I love this band but I am not where I thought I would be in a year. But, I finally accepted the reality that this is not magic..it does take a tremendouse amount of dedication to take the wght off. I am getting there and no that I will succeed! I have gone from a size 18 to a 14 in one year. I am off of the Blood Pressure medicine. I feel so much better. I am just a very slow looser. I say that I stick to around 1200-1500 cals a day. What has slowed me down is that I don't exercise. So it's my own fault. I do fall off the wagon from time to time and eat slider foods that I shouldn't. I know what I do wrong. I will get it right one day at a time.

Blessings, Weazer

HI Mini:

I am about ten and a half months on the bandwagon and just lost 35lbs., but feel great also. I am not really following and doing the do as I am supposed to, but it will happen for me, I know it. The only thing I can say is that I started taking the ALI if I eat anything fatty and just hang and hope it works out for me. I know that I took forever to get under the two hundred syndrome, but now I am on my way to the eighties. All we have is time. I want my band to live like me, not make too many changes that I can not keep and be dedicated too. I feel good thing come to those who wait. The body is a very strange thing if you ask me. I don't know if you heard of the barium thing or not? But it is $150.00 to check to see if you are where you need to be or too much or too little in the fill department, but I will just hang where I am now and see what happens and where I am in July of 08, that will be my year. Good luck and keep on keeping onnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KC

KC,

How sweet of you to reply. I think this is a great thread. I was hoping it keeps going! Well, it sounds like you are doing really good! Let's work at keeping each other motivated. Seems like we are similar in how we are handling the band..and our age is the same..cool! you said you started taking Ali when you eat something fattening. What is that? No I don't think I've heard of the Barium thing. See that's why I love these threads..I learn so much! I switched insurance after I had the band and my new ins does'nt cover the fills. So next year after I change back..maybe I'll have the barium thingy. I am at 3.5 cc's in a 4cc band. Pretty tight, but I can mostly eat anything I want even pizza or bread if I take tiny bites. It takes me an hour to eat 2 pc's of pizza..sometimes I do PB the first couple of bites then my band seems to just relax and open up..weird. Have a wonderful holiday weekend..I will be working hmmpppfffft !!!

Weazer

KC,

How sweet of you to reply. I think this is a great thread. I was hoping it keeps going! Well, it sounds like you are doing really good! Let's work at keeping each other motivated. Seems like we are similar in how we are handling the band..and our age is the same..cool! you said you started taking Ali when you eat something fattening. What is that? No I don't think I've heard of the Barium thing. See that's why I love these threads..I learn so much! I switched insurance after I had the band and my new ins does'nt cover the fills. So next year after I change back..maybe I'll have the barium thingy. I am at 3.5 cc's in a 4cc band. Pretty tight, but I can mostly eat anything I want even pizza or bread if I take tiny bites. It takes me an hour to eat 2 pc's of pizza..sometimes I do PB the first couple of bites then my band seems to just relax and open up..weird. Have a wonderful holiday weekend..I will be working hmmpppfffft !!!

Weazer

Hey Weazer:

I guess that is your name, if not hello mini. My name is Kaye, hope you are having a great day. Well, the Ali is at Walmart. It is a pill, you eat it before you eat fatty foods and don't trust yourself, because it really works. It makes you pass all the fat you intake. You litterly see it in the toilet, floating, I know, gross, but it is the truth. Slimming is gross too, but I do that also if I am not carefully and aware of my actions. The Barium Swallow can be done in Dr Speigel's office I hear, but I did not inquire about it yet.....Probably will later on..... Don't know too much more, but there are alot of others that do know about it in detail. Do you access the site ughospital@yahoogroups.com????

You can read alot about the procedure, experiences, and join in the discussion if you would like, it is really your decision. I found out about lapband talk when I went to Houston office to get a fill from Doctor Speigel, but I usually go to Port Neches, because I am from Kinder, LA. and it is alot closer for me. And as for money and expenses, well my insurance didn't cover my surgery, I put it on a credit card. In due time it will get paid is what I know. What can they do, take back my band?? The fills are $100.00 verses $150.00 for barium swallow, I know I will go with swallow next. But hopefully I will just melt away and not need anything further. I have a 4cc band and I am at 2.2 and I really have to respect this fill. Can't drink fast, can't eat fast, my eyes are bigger than my pouch, all the good stuff you hear in the beginning of this journey, but the food is still the same, fattening. So I will see where Ali takes me, after all, I am already invested big time, so I will try to finish my long, rough road and get to the skinny side of town. Take Care and don't work too hard. Happy Memorial Weekend to you and all other bandsters out there.

KC

Hello Kaye!

Had a great weekend and only blew it one day..yesterday. I wasn't even hungry then my daughter cooked a batch of brownies and the smell had me salavating. I ended up pigging out on them with some icecream to wash them down. But, my theory is that it was the only time I blew it all week. I feel slimmer this week. I can really notice a difference in how I look and I think I will reach goal this month..(to get into the 170's). I think that tricking the metabolism by blowing it once a week or so..may kick the metabolism back into gear..at least that my ferverent prayer! Thanks for all the good info. I have had a prescripton for something like Ali before. I don't think I need it now because I eat very little fat. However it would have helped yesterday!

I am getting so excited about how I am feeling physically. I feel so much better about how I look too. I feel ten years younger!

I know you must feel great too.

Ms. Kitten - Welcome... How much wght have you lost total? Have you tried the 5 day pouch test to get you back on track? I'll look up the link and attach it. It really helped me and some others get back on track.

Weazer

Hey Weazer:

Well I am almost at the 40lb mark. I will or should arrive there this week, I am missing it by about two or three pounds. I was 229 when all this started and now I am at 192. My goal is to be in the eighties, the seventies, then so on, until I get to about 135 or 140. But how that saying? I have come a long way, yeah me. Who is your doctor? And thanks for the site o 5day pouch check, it looks like it will be very handy for me. Don't you think it is so great to be in contact with people having the same experiences in life and sharing knowledge with one another. This is really great, I love to learn new things everyday. I will be scoping this pouch test out thoroughly, thanks again. And let me know who is your doctor and what part of Texas are you from. I am just being nosey, it is really none of my business if you don't feel like telling. Take care Kaye

Hey KC

My doctor is in Denton Texas, Doctor Stewart. I am from North Texas Denton area. I was raised in Houston though. Thankfully I had good insur and it paid all the bill and the fills were only around 25 bucks I think. So I am up to 3.5 ccs. Now that I made the silly choice of changing my ins. I can't afford the fills. I will have to make do with what I have. I really need to be at least at 3.5 or i can eat too much. I can still eat anything I want. I had a big peice of liver for lunch. I no that sounds yukky, but I fiqured it would be good Protein. Had no problem eating it. Also had a couple of bites of mashed potatoes. I did not eat Breakfast today..my coffee and Creamer usually suffice. Some days I make myself eat some dry cheerio's or something because I know it's healthy. I think I will go with more protein tonight after my fall off the wagon yesterday. It will help me get back on track. I am glad you like the 5 day pouch test. It was good to get back on liquids and it wasn't hard at all because you can have all you want. Good way to restart your motivation. It's great all the info we get from each other. Glad to get to know you too!

Weazer

Hey Weazer:

I guess Denton, Texas is further than Houston, don't really know, but it sounds far. I know I am about three and a half hours to four hours from Houston. But I usually go see my Dr. Speigel in Port Neches, TX office. Man, $25.00 for a fill is sooo cool. We all pay Dr. Speigel $100.00 each time for a fill. He is a good ole guy though. But he would probably give you a lecture for being at 3.5 with your fills. I am not sure, but maybe your pouch stretched or something. And maybe it is the different kind of style of two entirely different doctors. Don't really know. I just know that Dr Speigel tells you things about yourself if you don't lose any weight. But I am just going to keep hanging on and hope for the best. Take care and hope you lose everything you have the desire to lose, just hang in there. Good thing come to people who wait, so lets just be waiting, yeah us. Later KC

KC

Denton is in far North Texas in the Dallas-Ft Worth area..only about 30 miles till the Oklahoma boarder. Some doctores don't want to let you get to 3.5 but my doc trust me to tell him what I need. I am thankful for that. I didn't have enough restriction when I was under 3.5, but everybody is so different. Some people would be stuck at this fill. I really think I could use just a tad more..but it is fun to be able to eat anything..but just small bites and portions. I don't think my pouch is strectched out. Just love my band! It has changed my life! No more obsessing about food. It feels good to be normal. I love how I eat so much slower. It is hard to watch people shove giant bites of food in their mouths and realize that I used to do the same thing. I think if I lost my band today I would not eat as fast as I used to. I think that's where we run into problems of over stuffing ourselves. I don't know how much of this last 30-35 pds that I'll loose..but, I feel pretty and sexy right at this wght. If I have to stay here no problem. It's all about how you feel about yourself.

Blessings, Weazer