Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LET'S DO THIS!!!

M

@allinforachange

[emoji259]M[emoji259]

Thank you!!

Im Jennifer! I am excited, scared and anxious all at the same time. I am an only mom of 3 children and scared to die. I have to be honest about that. BUT, I also need to do this to live for my kids.

My surgery is scheduled for 7 Am (6 AM check in at the hospital)

I am having Laparoscopic Roux-en Y. I know if I had a sleeve done I would not keep the weight off. I love cake and there is no dumping with the sleeve, so, I opted for bypass.

By the way, I am originally from Miami and now (for now) live in Maryland.

4 minutes ago, Boudicca17 said:

Thank you!!

Im Jennifer! I am excited, scared and anxious all at the same time. I am an only mom of 3 children and scared to die. I have to be honest about that. BUT, I also need to do this to live for my kids.

My surgery is scheduled for 7 Am (6 AM check in at the hospital)

I am having Laparoscopic Roux-en Y. I know if I had a sleeve done I would not keep the weight off. I love cake and there is no dumping with the sleeve, so, I opted for bypass.

Jennifer you will do fine!!! You have to be positive about this especially for your kids. I feel all those emotions also except dying, I always look at things like this. If I were to live my life scared of dying than my life is already over. We are never promised tomorrow only the present so live it to it's fullest!! This is actually extending that life!!

I also have to be there for 6 AM, first surgery of the day.:D

I am nervous I won't lose weight like some people on here complain about. That's really my biggest worry.

I am also the first surgery of the day at my hospital. They are going to call this Friday to let me know the exact time.
My first day of pre-op shakes went well. I looked forward to chewing my Bariatric Fusion Vitamins at Breakfast and in the evening.

My hubby had to travel this week, so I do not have to make meals twice a day! My daughter picked out healthy meals for this week for herself. Our fridge is full of sf Jello, applesauce, chocolate shakes, and pudding. I'm so ready to do this!!

I can't wait to talk to you all from the other side! We are so close now [emoji1360]

I see my surgeon Wednesday and finish my last workshop after that. I find out Friday what time the surgery is on Monday. I turn 50 on Thursday so the surgery is my gift to myself.

Survived the 1st week of preop diet-- lost 9lbs so that will motivate me thru this week! I'm in Charlotte, NC-- surgery first thing in the am next Monday. Happy to have you guys to talk to!!

I am nervous I won't lose weight like some people on here complain about. That's really my biggest worry.

You will do great, don't dwell on anyone else's outcome!

[mention=315500]emirn1[/mention] congrats that's awesome. I'm dreading the liquid diet. I have huge project at work the week of my pre op. I hope I'm not too cranky. What shake did you use?

I'm using Unjury chocolate, it's not bad at all. I also got some Lean shakes from GNC but they don't taste as good. Post op I've got a variety of Isopure to get me thru the clear liquid stage!
It has def been rough at times, lots of sf Jello & popsicles have helped!
Good luck, I know you will do great.

@emirn1 I ordered injury unflavored to use post op. It wasn't on my list to use pre op but I'm going to inquire today can I use it during pre op.

30 minutes ago, emirn1 said:

I'm using unjury chocolate, it's not bad at all. I also got some Lean shakes from GNC but they don't taste as good. Post op I've got a variety of Isopure to get me thru the clear liquid stage!
It has def been rough at times, lots of sf Jello & popsicles have helped!
Good luck, I know you will do great.

Ok I'm looking online at the Isopure for the clear stage and have no clue which one to get or all of them can be added to Water. For example I see some liquid ones in bottles, and some in containers and bags that seem to be powders.