Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Short Ladies!

Ok ladies under 5'4" If you're like me it's really close to "Pants - Buying Season" You know, that one time of year when you can buy Capris because they fit you like long pants for the ENTIRE year. This has been a major problem for me since I had VSG on 10/26/2016. Either way... Dress Barn has black "dressy" capris already on sale for $32.00 a pair. I bought them in a 20 and an 18 cause we all know the struggle. I don't seem to struggle to find jeans in the same way that I do with work appropriate attire, so...if you have the scoop on where to find these elusive wonders...please add or hit a sister up.

1 hour ago, shannybananny71 said:

Old Navy pants in short. Torrid has short also.

Nope. Still too long.

Can't afford to pay the extra $$ $75 for a pair of petite pants at Lane Bryant that are 12 inches too long require more than just hemming, they practically have to be rebuilt. I appreciate the thought, but this is a fashion industry problem. Petite is 5'4" and under. At 5'2" Petite pants should not be 12in too long. At any rate...buying the capris once a year works great most of the time, but after WLS, there's too much change to dole out that kind of moolah.

I love capris! They're a still a little short, but I don't mind since it rains so much here - those extra inches off the ground make a big difference to keeping dry. I've only ever bought mine from Nordstrom (when they have them in stock), since they make a pair that isn't horrible on my pear-shaped body, and they ship to Japan. What I really want though, are some wide-leg pants (also cropped)- I've been wearing some for the past year, and they've been great for work. However, I can't seem to find any that are cheap enough and that aren't linen or cotton (would never last more than a month for me in the humid heat we have here).

Anyway, I feel your pain. At 5'3" the Petite sizes are sometimes too long for me and/or they don't fit me as nicely as the regular sizes do. I will shorten pants myself, but of course it's never as good as buying something made for your height. Over the past 6 years I've mostly been wearing mid- to longish skirts for work, since they're easier and hide my extreme curves a bit better.

Was just a thought, am not quite 4' 11" myself and live on a very limited income which is why I hem my pants/slacks at home otherwise I have rolled a cuff of half the length of the pant leg and it's so thick it looks like I'm wearing ankle weights..,lol. Well I wish you luck in finding affordable, comfortable and stylish pants capris and all of the above that fit your needs (being vertically challenged [emoji6])

I also hem pants myself. Even at 5'3", petites can be long. I'm not going to work in 3" heels, and I'm a corporate drone.

That having been said, Walmart has a line of slacks that are definitely nice enough for work and fit well. I can feel the difference in the fabric between them and my more expensive slacks, but no one else has hands on my legs....in the office at least.

35 minutes ago, Vinasu said:

I also hem pants myself. Even at 5'3", petites can be long. I'm not going to work in 3" heels, and I'm a corporate drone.

That having been said, Walmart has a line of slacks that are definitely nice enough for work and fit well. I can feel the difference in the fabric between them and my more expensive slacks, but no one else has hands on my legs....in the office at least.

I totally do not cheap material for work. Do you know what brand? I can sometimes find the George line at my Wal-Mart, but not always.

51 minutes ago, biginjapan said:

I love capris! They're a still a little short, but I don't mind since it rains so much here - those extra inches off the ground make a big difference to keeping dry. I've only ever bought mine from Nordstrom (when they have them in stock), since they make a pair that isn't horrible on my pear-shaped body, and they ship to Japan. What I really want though, are some wide-leg pants (also cropped)- I've been wearing some for the past year, and they've been great for work. However, I can't seem to find any that are cheap enough and that aren't linen or cotton (would never last more than a month for me in the humid heat we have here).

Anyway, I feel your pain. At 5'3" the Petite sizes are sometimes too long for me and/or they don't fit me as nicely as the regular sizes do. I will shorten pants myself, but of course it's never as good as buying something made for your height. Over the past 6 years I've mostly been wearing mid- to longish skirts for work, since they're easier and hide my extreme curves a bit better.

Most capris fit me like regular pants, so they're pretty much my jam. I bought some skirts last year when I was pre-op, but losing on my own. I'll probably do a bit of that as well. Maybe even dresses if I can find some super cute A-line styles. I've gone from a 28 to 18/20 in 4 months so I'm not trying to buy too much. I just gave away my last pair of 28's that I have still been limping along in and I have a nice tailored pair of 26, but they have to go as well. I'm just tired of my clothes making me look sloppy, so I am trying to find more fitted stylish clothing instead of "I guess I'll buy this cause it fits." LOL

I've got sizes from 24/26 down to 18/20 here with me in Japan. I know that I can shop from my own closet, but I have a feeling that I've got a real mixed bag of stuff - maybe lots of shirts, but not so many pants (most die pretty early due to the dreaded "chub rub" of my thighs+heat+humidity), etc. - it may not be enough to cover me for work. Luckily I can go pretty casual if I need to, and hopefully I'll be able to stick mostly to those items until summer hits and I can do some shopping at home IRL, as opposed to online.

I know this will sound crazy, but I'm just so overjoyed with being able to find anything that fits I have to stay out of the stores. I won't shop online because it gives me anxiety. I have been in them more and more because of the Capri hunt and I'm dreading the impending bills...lol

Actually, it's hard for me right now, because this is usually a time I do a lot of shopping online in order to have some new clothes for the start of the school year here in Japan (which is April 1st). But I'm reluctant to buy anything because of the anticipated weight loss. The only thing I really need are leggings (capri ones of course) so I can wear them under skirts and not have wear nylons (of which I have a ton, but will probably never wear now). I'm off to Europe next week so maybe I can find a few things while I'm there.

I'm 5'1" and the only short inseam that works for me is the Torrid EXTRA short... they are just perfect but of course super expensive. I'm going to have to look into these other options because I'm tired of walking holes in the bottom of my pants