Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You had me scared there! Ok, glad it was just brash typing. Tell ya what, while you are waiting, go to your local health food store and ask for some homeopathic anxiety stuff. It might help [emoji4]

I had BAD post partum depression, and took Depressaquel for it. Helped loads! Might be hard to find, but there are others...

Good luck! You can do this!

I'm just so scared that I’m beyond help.

That I'll be so depressed about this decision I made.

That I'll be idealizing reversal forever.

I am actually watching youtube videos by MadeUpMama as we speak. Watch her 6 week post op video, then her 32 week video. Maybe it will help...

(they are long, but you will get the gist after just a few minutes so don't have to watch the whole things)...

Iv just had my gastric sleeve Done on Monday I'm not going to lie I woz pooing myself I'm now in recovery at spire hospital I go home tomorrow I think it will be the best decision you will make it's a new journey in our lives good luck keep me posted if u need to ask me out feel free x

Good luck [emoji6] hope all goes well

Yay! Glad you will have a group to talk to!

And, of course, goes without saying, you are NOT beyond help at all! This, too shall pass.

Do you remember a time several years ago when you were really angry? Just furious? Are you still AS angry now? (If yes, then choose a different time!) Hopefully you don't even remember what it was about.

Time really can make things look and feel different. Right NOW the initial excitement and healing phase of the surgery has passed, but your body and mind have truly just begun the work of the beginning of the rest of your life.

The fat is being broken down, releasing tons of stored hormones and chemicals. The scale might slow down as the body adjusts, and your mind is under a huge strain.

Those videos of Mama shows this. At 6 weeks she is angry, rather than anxious, so it may be easier to recognise how her fears seem a bit "bigger" than they need to be. By 32 weeks, she is no longer angry or fearful, and you can see her calmness. Her body and mind had the time to get used to her baby tummy.

Even though time will help, you need something to help you through this NOW. Thus meds and counseling.

No one can imagine how hard a journey will be until they live it. And the journey is different for each of us. You are going to do great in your journey, even if it does have some rough Patches.

[Hugs]

Most of the folks I see posting about regrets or being overwhelmed or not feeling good are within the first several months after surgery. So it's normal to feel this way! But you do need to ask for your surgeon's help (like with the insomnia) and take advantage of support stuff like therapy, support groups, posting here, etc.

I'm trying to think of what I can write that would be useful. I'm 130 pounds lighter and 18 months post op. I can pretty much eat everything. This surgery is not a life sentence of no fluids and applesauce. Make sure to take meds Vitamins and sip Water and Protein Shakes. You don't have to be perfect your body will heal but you must get some rest. Try and get some walks in and realize you have 1 year to lose most of your weight. This is an opportunity not a curse. Take this year to lose what you can and get healthy. After that it will about maintaining and losing maybe a few more pounds. I'm amazed at how much I can eat now and not gain weight. It was the best decision I made for my health and relationships in all ways.