Hey all! We're sure you've already noticed that BariatricPal was upgraded on 2/6/2017. If you happen to stumble across any bugs or issues, we'd love it if you could create a topic here to notify us of the bug so that we can squash it and keep your experience as desirable as possible! Thank you!
Lala'sthinFtW

Anyone tried stomach taping or bandaging?

36 posts in this topic

First let me congratulate you on your wedding and finding the dress. Second I agree with compression and taping Wow Texas is hot even in April. Third I do believe there's beauty advice specific to the weight-loss community. No concern I'm going to more than one place for advice and ideas. There are some very specific psychological aspects to the post weight loss patient. No worries about transitioning to look in the other places for beauty advice no harm in asking here. Do what works for you. Best to you.

Congrats!  You look beautiful in that dress!

What about a Spanx skirt?  I also like the idea of some sort of lining being added to the dress.  Good luck and be sure to post a photo with your solution!

oh wowwwww, that dress. SO beautiful. You have amazing taste! Congratulations on your health and success, your wedding, your gorgeous dress, and everything else! :P

Adhesive tape works on sweaty patients to hold tubes in. It is rough stuff hard to get off so use tape remover and use tincture of benzoin or skin prep before you put it on. Before you put it on make sure it is clean and dry and wait til the surface feels tacky before you put the tape on. You probably can get this white tape several inches wide. Medical supplies and veterans hospital have it.
You might check with bridal consultants. People have done this before,so ask and ask again.

Sent from my N9518 using the BariatricPal App

I read about a professional body builder who had lost a significant amount of weight. When she does the bikini walk she looks amazing. Turns out she pulls the extra skin up, puts double sided tape on it, then folds it like the flap to an envelope.

She's very very low body fat, so Idk if this would work in the real world, but I thought I'd pass it along. Maybe something like that could give you a smoother appearance and more confidence. But I still think you look great.

1 person likes this