Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I called my insurance today because I could not wait any longer and I was APPROVED!!! Now I have to wait for the letter unless the office calls and requests it to be faxed. I am going to call them once I go on lunch so that I can get this started (: YAYYYYYY!!!! And for anyone wanting to know.

I have Blue Shield of CA and was told that they have 5 days to process the authorization and the office sent it on Friday, insurance didn't get it until Monday and this morning it was approved.

I called my insurance today because I could not wait any longer and I was APPROVED!!! Now I have to wait for the letter unless the office calls and requests it to be faxed. I am going to call them once I go on lunch so that I can get this started (: YAYYYYYY!!!! And for anyone wanting to know.

I have Blue Shield of CA and was told that they have 5 days to process the authorization and the office sent it on Friday, insurance didn't get it until Monday and this morning it was approved.

Congratulations you must be tickled pink right now.. Yeahhhhhhh!!! I cant wait for mine to through... I have about 2 more weeks. Good luck to you.

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

How exciting!!! I also have BS of CA and I am on month 4 of 6. How was the process for you? Where are you having your surgery?

Sent from my iPhone

Good for you!! Have you called your surgeons office? They will probably call you and set a date up. I'm in California and have Cal Viva. I too called my insurance and found out I was approved and an hour or so after I found out my patient coordinator called me to set up appointments. I am 4 months out and don't go back til December 5th to the surgeons office for a follow up. I'm down 72lbs. You will be glad you made this decision to get healthy!!

Sent from my Z959 using the BariatricPal App

How exciting!!! I also have BS of CA and I am on month 4 of 6. How was the process for you? Where are you having your surgery?

Sent from my iPhone

Where are you having surgery at in California? I've met people on social media who live in Cali can go through ALSA (Advanced Laproscopic Surgery Associates) in Fresno, CA. Anyways I'm 4 months out and doing well.

You will do well!

Congratulations you must be tickled pink right now.. Yeahhhhhhh!!! I cant wait for mine to through... I have about 2 more weeks. Good luck to you.

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Thank you (:

Sent from my 0PM92 using the BariatricPal App

Sent from my iPhone

I live in Iowa unfortunately lol but the process was long, I went through hoops and jumps but I feel like if everyone was on the same page then it wouldn't have been like that. The insurance as been wonderful and always answered my questions and now to be approved and they sent my doctors office the approval fax on Wednesday so I was actually approved on Wednesday. Good luck to you.

Good for you!! Have you called your surgeons office? They will probably call you and set a date up. I'm in California and have Cal Viva. I too called my insurance and found out I was approved and an hour or so after I found out my patient coordinator called me to set up appointments. I am 4 months out and don't go back til December 5th to the surgeons office for a follow up. I'm down 72lbs. You will be glad you made this decision to get healthy!!

Thank you, congrats to you! The office called and told me to be expecting a call today from the nurse to set up my appointment. I'm anxiously waiting. How long did they take to approve you? Did you get the soonest date that was available for surgery? Sorry I'm asking so many questions

Thank you, congrats to you! The office called and told me to be expecting a call today from the nurse to set up my appointment. I'm anxiously waiting. How long did they take to approve you? Did you get the soonest date that was available for surgery? Sorry I'm asking so many questions

When I called my insurance they told me the request was sent to them on May 11th (my birthday) and I was approved May 20th. I was going to have the surgery May 31st but with it was best I waited til the kids were out of school. So I had my pre op appointment June 8th and had surgery June 14th. I was only in the hospital overnight. My surgery took longer to do because when I was a very little baby I had surgery to repair my diaphragm. I also had a feeding tube incision. The sleeve was started at 11 am and I got into a room by 4 pm. I believe I was in recovery for one hour. The doctors that were in the OR told me it took twice as long to do. But I didn't get the nausea or vomiting. I had lots of gas pain. But of course I started walking within a hour or so of getting into a room. I did good. There was requirements I had to do before I was discharged. For instance I had to drink a certain amount of Water. Oh, the ride home on the freeway was horrible because of all the bumps. But recovery wasn't too bad. Now, I still have a umbilical hernia. They told me that they were not fixing it during surgery until I have lost the weight because it could come back. So sometime I will have that fixed. Anyways, if you have questions please feel free to message me!