Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fluids and protein.

When I started this process my bmi was 48. I was sleeved on Oct. 4 and my bmi was 39. I'm now three weeks out, and still having difficulties getting in my Protein and fluids. I can go for hours without eating as I'm not hungry. Then when I do eat something, I can't drink for well over an hour or I become uncomfortable. I'm afraid that the lack of fluids and protein is hindering my weightloss, as well as causing lack of energy and lightheadedness. I've loss 14 pounds since surgery. I've spoken. With my nut and she says I need to keep trying to get the Fluid and protein. Looking for ideas? I just ordered GENEPRO too, so hoping that will help with protein.

I was sleeved on Oct 5 and by the end of the first week, I was totally dehydrated and my doc had to give me IV fluids. It turned out that I was drinking my liquids too cold. Every time I took a sip, I was contracting my stomach, making it impossible to drink enough. As soon as I switched to room temp liquids, I was able to meet my liquid goal. Now, I keep liquids next to me at all times and sip constantly throughout the day.

Water tastes funny right now (I assume because of ketosis), so I have been drinking a lot of hot tea that I let cool off first.

I tried a lot of different Protein waters, like the clear Isopure, but found them way too sweet for my taste, but maybe you could try something like that - Protein and Water at the same time. Someone in my support group raved about Trimino. I haven't tried it myself though.

Unflavored Protein powder and broth was a lifesaver for me early on. After Day 14, I was able to add cream of chicken Soup (strained), and I mixed the unflavored Protein Powder with it. Once I was able to add in more dense foods, I phased it out, but it was great early on...

As far as the Fluid goes, you just have to stay on it all day. Even now, I drink Water from the minute I get up until I go to bed at night.

Good luck!

I was sleeved on October 10 and I am on purée and sometimes feel like I'm eating to much. My hw was 244, surgery weight was 230 and cw is 218. I feel like I am in a stall because it has not moved in the last couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on October 10 and I am on purée and sometimes feel like I'm eating to much. My hw was 244, surgery weight was 230 and cw is 218. I feel like I am in a stall because it has not moved in the last couple days.

Ughh i was sleeved oct 10th and still on full liquids and feel starving.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I was on liquids for 21 days. It was never a hunger issue for me; I haven't really be hungry since the surgery, but I was sick to death of those liquids by the end. Now that I am steadily adding in solids, I am retiring those liquids one by one, and I am hoping to be done with Protein powder on a daily basis in about 3 weeks.

I was on liquids for 21 days. It was never a hunger issue for me; I haven't really be hungry since the surgery, but I was sick to death of those liquids by the end. Now that I am steadily adding in solids, I am retiring those liquids one by one, and I am hoping to be done with Protein powder on a daily basis in about 3 weeks.

That stinks!! I think a lot of the purée foods are sliders. I think once on solids it will be different.

@@kcap68 Getting enough fluids and Protein is a full time job. You need both for proper healing and weight loss. At 3 weeks out - you may still need to supplement with Protein Powder or shakes. Even if you aren't hungry - you need to eat on schedule. Set a timer if necessary. Eat 4-6 small meals of protein and drink shakes or other fluids 30-60 mins after. Your body will start breaking down muscle if you don't get adequate protein. Try drinking smaller sips if you get uncomfortable. I did better with warm or hot liquids at first.

I was sleeved on October 3rd. I was restricted to liquids for 1 week. Beginning 2nd week, I could begin soft foods like yogurt, eggs, fish, soft vegetables. 3rd week my diet opened up quite a bit more and now I am on an unrestricted diet. I have had zero issues with Fluid (I probably get in two to three times what I am required to drink daily). Now back to your original question, I recommend to try Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt (has the least amount of sugar and good Protein content) and mix a scoop of unflavored Protein in with it. I really like the All Max brand due to it being one of the most pure Proteins on the market with no "fillers". As suggested by another poster, broth with a scoop of protein works great too...add a couple spoonfuls of unflavored Greek yogurt to give it a cream like texture/taste. My doc said that some people, for whatever reason, have trouble drinking Water and indicated that patients indicate that it "feels to heavy". I haven't experienced this, but he did say that to try alkaline based waters like Smart Water etc to find one that works...I drink a ton of Powerade zero and decaffeinated tea. I would certainly try the Powerade zero and see if that helps with getting liquids in. Hope some of this helps