Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 1month out of VGS surgery today. I am following what I need to be following and haven't lost a pound in about a week and 1/2. My scale seem has become my worst enemy. Each time I step on it I want to throw it out the window. I am happy that there was weight loss in the 1st 2 1/2 weeks but now . Any suggestions plzzzzzz.

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

I'm only 7 days post op but maybe you can try a different exercise routine. If you normally do the treadmill try the stairmaster or elliptical. Also around week 6 weights should be ok.

Sent from my SM-N930T using the BariatricPal App

I'm on the same timeframe as you and I'm totally stalled. I haven't had my period since 2 weeks before surgery so I'm very late - and I'm pretty sure that's what's causing my plateau. I've also started upping my calories and eating more frequently, and I'm already lifting those tiny little 3-5 lb weights. I'm sure we'll both be losing again soon!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Your body is healing and changing. Stalls happen. There will be many along the way. Let your body do what it needs to do and you do your part with meeting Protein and liquid goals. Excess frustration won't help you.

I'm only 7 days post op but maybe you can try a different exercise routine. If you normally do the treadmill try the stairmaster or elliptical. Also around week 6 weights should be ok.

Sent from my SM-N930T using the BariatricPal App

That is definitely an option. I have started light weights and a little strength training but no budge. Still trying...something will eventually jumpstart. Good luck to you also ????

I'm on the same timeframe as you and I'm totally stalled. I haven't had my period since 2 weeks before surgery so I'm very late - and I'm pretty sure that's what's causing my plateau. I've also started upping my calories and eating more frequently, and I'm already lifting those tiny little 3-5 lb weights. I'm sure we'll both be losing again soon!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you gemigirl. I felt as though I was doing something wrong. Try to smile but was so disappointed. I received my period shortly after surgery but it last longer than normal. Sometimes it feels better knowing it is not just you. Thank you again.

Your body is healing and changing. Stalls happen. There will be many along the way. Let your body do what it needs to do and you do your part with meeting Protein and liquid goals. Excess frustration won't help you.

Thank you suzzzzz. I am trying not to scale watch.

I'm in a similar boat, I lost 9 pounds a week out, then nothing until yesterday (4 weeks post-op). I've lost 1.8 (total) the last 2 days.

It's frustrating to be going this slowly, but I'm not worried. I have no idea the kinds of things my body is doing, but I do have faith I will lose the weight--even if it takes it's sweet time coming off. I'm just continuing to do what my Dr and NUT has told me to do.

Also, I have lost inches. I've not measured, but my clothes are all getting too big. Things are happening, just not on the scale.

Have faith, and know you are not alone.

Just give your bodies a chance. Not everyone will lose a bunch of weight right off. Do your exercises, drink your protien (or eat). It will come off. If you need a good exercise that's easy---get done resistance bands from a pt and attach a strong hook into a stud of a wall. Have the tie a loop in the middle and two on the ends. Put the 2 ends with the middle loop to do sit ups, the undo the 2 ends to do leg lifts. I'm down 120 in 6 months doing these and drinking my Water. Give it a try. Work your way up to harder. Please don't give up

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. We all experience periodic stalls and just about everyone has a stall about three weeks post-op.

Just follow your program, make sure you are getting in your Protein and fluids, take your Vitamins and supplements as directed, stay off the scale, and Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall.