Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a mentor/email buddy to help me get back on track!

Hello All! I had Gastric Bypass on July 14, 2016. My highest weight was 275. I have lost weight on my own many times but always fail to keep it off. When I started my WLS journey, I weighed in at 258. The day of surgery, I weighed 236 and I currently weight 185. My next post of visit is November 7. At my last post op (September 7), my surgeon told me she expected me to lose another 30 to 40 pounds by November 7th. I have only lost 3!!!!

I am happy with my results so far, but I am concerned that I have started my self destructive ways that always tend to get the best of me. I am able to eat pretty much ANYTHING. NO DUMPING! I have started eating carbs again and I need motivation to stop! I haven't gained, but I know I should be taking advantage of this time. I have also slacked in going to the gym since I went back to work. :-(

Anyone willing to be a support buddy????

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Am I already done losing????

I need DISCIPLINE!!!!

I will be glad to offer support as well. :-)

I can't wait to hear from you.

Hello All! I had Gastric Bypass on July 14, 2016. My highest weight was 275. I have lost weight on my own many times but always fail to keep it off. When I started my WLS journey, I weighed in at 258. The day of surgery, I weighed 236 and I currently weight 185. My next post of visit is November 7. At my last post op (September 7), my surgeon told me she expected me to lose another 30 to 40 pounds by November 7th. I have only lost 3!!!!

I am happy with my results so far, but I am concerned that I have started my self destructive ways that always tend to get the best of me. I am able to eat pretty much ANYTHING. NO DUMPING! I have started eating carbs again and I need motivation to stop! I haven't gained, but I know I should be taking advantage of this time. I have also slacked in going to the gym since I went back to work. :-(

Anyone willing to be a support buddy????

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Am I already done losing????

I need DISCIPLINE!!!!

Hi there. I had my gastic band fitted last Tuesday. I like yourself have been on a diet all my life . Something had to give and this was something I had been thinking about for a long time. Feel ok at the moment. I'm still on fluids only until next Tuesday. You need to look at this as a tool for you to lose weight. Thinking positive about the lovely clothes you will be able to buy. Take photos of yourself before and after. Show people how well your doing .

Sent from my SM-G925F using the BariatricPal App

Llamalover17

Hi hon, I'm 3 years out from my RNY. I have been successful in losing 132#'s in 6 months. I did have a 8# gain. So I now weigh 125#'s and have maintained my loss for 2 and 1/2 years. You are not a failure and you can do this!! A 90# loss is nothing to sneeze at. That is 30#'s a month. That is more than I even lost in a month. I lost 20#'s a month. Keep your eyes on the prize. Keep trying that is all any of us can do!! Give up the carbs or at least keep them at a minimum. My Team told me from the beginning that in time there are no forbidden foods!! We just have to do them in MODERATION. Now that doesn't mean you can eat junk all of the time. Our bodies work best with getting lots of Protein in and you can eat veggies to fill up. The ideal program would be to not do carbs until you reach your goal. It won't be long until you are there. If you don't have time to go to the gym for your exercise try to walk. It is a great exercise and it is free and gives you the chance to clear your mind also. I try to keep my hands busy with going on Facebook, support groups on here I color I read In write in a journal. Another thing maybe you can talk to someone about everything going on. This is a BIG ADJUSTMENT our body is kind of in shock. Please feel free to chat with me at any time. You can get ahold of me at scharbroughsherrie@gmail.com. Like I said I'm not sure if I can be much help but I am a great listener and I have gone thru WLS and kind of been there done that!!

I enjoy food it's out I said it all kinds of food except fish in less it from McDonald's with extra tarter sauce you see that I just jinxed myself first off I should not go to Mcdonalds in the first place but I get cravings for it and I say to myself it's ok I eat it without the bunn but the the tarter sauce gives me the runs you would think I would stay away from things like this but my mind is tricking me I also got hooked on fountain pop Pepsi I just love the tastes of it so I would go get one and let the carbon go down in it about two hours before I drank it I eat what ever I want yeah right it's not working for me I am stalled I started out 255 as of 9/8/2015 as of today I'm at 164 which is 11/11/2016 I eat all threw the day I only have 14 pounds to loose its trial and error I'm a work in progress falling back into old habits will be my down fall .

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

If I can help in any way please don't hesitate to ask me. If you would rather do so in my email let me know and I will give you my email address. I know it is hard but you can do it, Just think you are so close to your goal!! It does not matter how long it takes as long as you make it.