Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ever so slowly backsliding...

I haven't regained yet but I am sure headed that way if I don't get control again. In my head I have just been "testing the waters" and "learning how to eat like a normal person", but my therapist called me out last week saying that she felt I was relapsing. (I am definitely a food addict.) I was telling a friend at lunch about it today and how I thought the therapist wasn't being realistic. I said this as I ordered chocolate cheesecake for which I proceeded to eat half and not the "few bites" I said was going to take. Then I proceeded to tell her about the chocolate yogurt from Braums (with Reese's candy) on Friday and took my nephews to the candy store on Saturday and "just got a couple of truffles" and "had McDonalds breakfast" on Saturday. And all that was AFTER my therapist told me she sensed I was relapsing. So the good news is, that I said out loud to my friend "WOW, she was right!" so I have realized it. Now I just have to figure out how to get back on track. I am still making good choices too (getting in all my Protein, veggies, etc.) but obviously I am not on program. Part of my fear is getting too thin. I know that sounds kind of weird but I have realized my weight is a little lower than I wanted it to be but mostly I have lost muscle tone because I haven't exercised. I have my first round of plastics in one month (October 13) and I really intended to be "healthy" going in to this. I have got some work to do....

I guess I am not looking for advice. Just needed to type it out and confess it somewhere... So glad this is a safe place to do that.

Yes it is a safe place.

You have friends here who really care about YOU.

We are here and ready to listen whenever you're ready...

Be kind to yourself getting back on track. You are much cared for. :)

Do the right thing and get back on track now. it's just easier than being where some of us are, and having to lose a lot of regained weight. good luck!

There are two phases to RNY gastric bypass surgery. These are the "Weight Loss" phase and the "Maintenance" phase. Each phase is different and require a different approach. This is the approach that I used in the "Maintenance" phase.

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

@@Daisee68

No one is immune to regain, and we all have to keep reminding ourselves of this fact daily. It's very easy to get swept away by the overwhelming euphoria of major weight loss.

We are all here for each other so there is no need for guilt. You've come so far and achieved so much. You're intuitive enough too to recognize that you might have slightly strayed off path, and you're already taking corrective measures. That's fantastic!

And I don't think it's strange at all to worry about getting too thin. That is another one of those cross addictions we've all heard about. It happens all too frequently.

Best of luck!

N-O-O-O don't slide! We are surgery mates (we had our surgeries one day apart). I don't want to hear this!! :-) Get back on track right away before it starts to avalanche - it'll be much easier if you can get back in control now.

There are two phases to RNY gastric bypass surgery. These are the "Weight Loss" phase and the "Maintenance" phase. Each phase is different and require a different approach. This is the approach that I used in the "Maintenance" phase.

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

Thank you for sharing. You are a very disciplined person.

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks so much everyone for all the kind words and encouragement! Much better day today. Need to steer clear of sweets for a while and I did so successfully today. On another note, my weight dropped again.... Hmmm... trying not to use that as an "excuse" to eat poorly though. I think that is where I am getting hung up (partially) and allowing that thought to lead me to believe I can eat whatever I want because "look I am not gaining!" The unhealthy eating will catch up with me eventually though, so just gotta keep to a meal plan/calories for now and see how it goes before I decide to increase my calories again.

Really appreciate all of you more than I can express!!