Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some advice. I was sleeved June 28 th. HW 311. SW 293. CW 268 I have not lost any weight in a month. I'm frustrated I'm depressed cuz I don't know what to do. I can tolerate any food. I feel like I had nothing done. I'm confused on what to do. I'm getting in my Water intake I stay around 1000 calories a day. I workout doing weights and elliptical 50 mins 5 days a week. I try hard to stick to a low carb high Protein diet. But even though it might be the right foods I feel I'm eating too much. But I feel hungry every 2 hours. I'm lost on what to do. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Have you talked to your doctor? Three years since the sleeve, we avoid carbs. Our surgeon gave us a diet to follow. We sipped broth, lots of Crystal Light, and I am back on a Protein Shake a day. Hope you can figure this out! I do know losing is slow, and people here sometimes complain about the stalls. Good luck.

just looking at what you have listed it is possible that your exercise has convinced your body that you are starving. check with your team to see if you might need to add a Protein bar or something on days you work out.

Are you meeting your Protein intake? It is very important so your body will release fat. Have you lost inches? Is your body changing in any way? Building muscle?

I would definitely call your surgeon and get his/her perspective. Also, when you feel hungry, have some Protein or glass of Water. I've been battling some head hunger but am determined to not give into it.

Are you tracking your food?

What is your Protein target?

Are you reaching your Protein target every day?

Are you avoiding starches, added sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup), and fried foods?

Are you taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed?

As much as you are exercising you may not be eating enough at 1000 calories. Have you tried upping your protein?

Are you eating any good, non-starchy carbs?

Are you eating enough good fats?

Have you talked to your NUT about your concerns?

I am building muscle. And I do notice I am more hungry after working out. I can't give my workout up. I'm so proud of what I can do now. Before surgery I couldn't last 5 mins in the gym now I can't wait to go it helps with my depression and keeps me off pills. Think I'll try getting back on the Protein drinks. Hate to as they caused such bad Constipation. I think I'm losing inches slowly but I do know I'm getting stronger. I have said my concerns to the dr but I get the answer it didn't come on over night so it won't come off over night. People just don't want to hear that after being obese and wanting to get healthy.

@@saphfyre14 If you aren't willing ot give up your workouts (I'm right there with you by the way!), then you need to focus on properly fueling your body for them. You need to be getting in probably closer to 1400 calories a day with the amount of exercise you are doing. Absolutely make sure you are getting in 85-100 grams of Protein a day. Start tracking if you are unsure how much you are getting. And for days you work-out, try having a pre-workout snack that is mostly slow burning carbs (I know that's a dirty word!). I usually do something like a Clif bar or a piece of whole grain toast with some Peanut Butter. If you have issues with getting dizzy or light-headed after a workout, eat a few Gummy bears.

Sorry I take Calcium B12 multi and Biotin every day should I take something else. I don't ever eat fried foods nor potatoes mostly it's meat and veggies. A couple of times I have had bread but literally only twice. Once I has a small portion of Pasta very small. But I'm pretty simple I eat hard boiled eggs chicken turkey and broccoli and cauliflower and green Beans. This week I adventures on something new zucchini lasagna and Bariatric chicken and turkey pizza. I hit my Protein and most days I hit my Water goals. I do track my food Monday through Friday weekends I get lazy. They say I'm not allowed to eat fruit yet. I do use a lemon and crystal light in my Water. I'm not sure what good fats are. My nut is not the best my coordinator tells me to do things that my nut says not too so my head is so confused. I think I get better info from people with expierence

@@saphfyre14 I don't want to derail you from your surgeon's/nutritionist's plans too early, but ultimately you do need to figure out what is going to work for you. I am a runner. I am currently training for a full marathon (race is less than three weeks away now!). I have to do what I have to do to make sure I can handle my runs and fuel my body. I am in maintenance now, so it is *especially* hard for me to get in enough food to not lose any more weight. Most people on these forums would think I am crazy for eating the way I do, but it's what works for me.

In the last 28 days, I have averaged a burn of 2674 calories a day. I wear a FitBit Blaze with a heart rate monitor 24/7, so I believe that number to be pretty accurate. Do you know what it takes for a bariatric patient to eat back 2600 calories a day?!?! I have to eat 7-8 times a day. I have to eat calorie-dense foods like nuts and cheese. I have to eat 3 Protein bars a day. It's a lot! But it's what I need to do for me and my lifestyle. You will need to figure out what works for you through trial and error, the same way did. Just don't wreck your metabolism by eating far too few calories and causing yourself too large a daily calorie deficit, which is what I suspect is happening right now and why you are stalled.

You really should be taking a Multivitamin for sure.

We had our group session yesterday and one young woman complained of a 2 month stall but after speaking with her NUT she informed her of her heavy workout. Her body was starving the NUT told her. She upped her Protein and the weight started coming off again.

You really should be taking a Multivitamin for sure.

Absolutely!

I am building muscle. And I do notice I am more hungry after working out. I can't give my workout up. I'm so proud of what I can do now. Before surgery I couldn't last 5 mins in the gym now I can't wait to go it helps with my depression and keeps me off pills. Think I'll try getting back on the Protein drinks. Hate to as they caused such bad Constipation. I think I'm losing inches slowly but I do know I'm getting stronger. I have said my concerns to the dr but I get the answer it didn't come on over night so it won't come off over night. People just don't want to hear that after being obese and wanting to get healthy.

If you don't want a Protein shake, try a low fat (1%) chocolate milk or just a plain 1% milk after your workout.

I take a multivitamin every day. I just heard that about chocolate milk. I burn about 400-500 calories at the gym. I'm really uneducated when it comes to diet Tis why I was probably obese. This is all a learning expierence for me. So thank you all for your advice. Jamie I'm trying to get my body so I can run. My son is a runner for a hobby and would love to run next to him one day