Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 3-week stall only lasted 4 days? And now I'm dropping weight like crazy?

So, I hit my 3-week stall on Wednesday, and now it's Sunday. My stall has already vanished and I've lost an extra FOUR pounds since yesterday. Is this even normal? Yesterday, I did eat a TON of Protein. I mean, I ate so much that I thought I screwed up my diet. I ate like 5 pieces of beef tataki and 5 pieces of crab sticks. This is a lot to me considering it made me feel extremely full. I'm hoping my scale isn't wrong. I got on it 3 times and it keeps saying the same thing (229), and yesterday I weighed 232. It's my 4th day of PMSing so maybe the Water I was retaining has shed off of me, and I also had my first bowel movement yesterday since 3 days ago, (sorry TMI).

Am I getting my hopes up? Or is this even possible?

I'd guess it wasn't really a 'stall', but pre-menstrual Water retention or you ate a lot of salt a couple of days prior? I'm now in week 9 and although I haven't had anything like a true stall, I can definitely tell when I've overdone sodium, not gotten enough fluids, not gotten enough Protein or not exercised enough. It usually manifests a couple of days after the poor eating or non-exercise, and shows up as either a .5 to 1 lb gain or a no-gain/no-loss day. I think at the stage where I am, I need to start looking at trends weekly instead of daily.
And yes, I think 4 lbs from one day to the next is entirely possible!

I'd guess it wasn't really a 'stall', but pre-menstrual Water retention or you ate a lot of salt a couple of days prior? I'm now in week 9 and although I haven't had anything like a true stall, I can definitely tell when I've overdone sodium, not gotten enough fluids, not gotten enough Protein or not exercised enough. It usually manifests a couple of days after the poor eating or non-exercise, and shows up as either a .5 to 1 lb gain or a no-gain/no-loss day. I think at the stage where I am, I need to start looking at trends weekly instead of daily.

And yes, I think 4 lbs from one day to the next is entirely possible!

Oh, that makes sense! I was not eating a lot of sodium, but I think I was holding a lot of Water because of my period. I was 5 weeks late for my period because I have PCOS and I stopped taking my birth control. I shouldn't have stopped it, but I'm worried that it makes me gain weight. I actually had to stop taking my Xarelto (given to me after surgery) for 2 days because I was bleeding PROFUSELY. I felt weak and there was blood all in my bed, all in my floor, all in my bathtub and probably half a pint in the toilet. It was awful. It looked like a murder scene. Sorry for the TMI, lol.

Edited by Hiraeth

I don't believe it was an official stall. Happened to me as well but it was very short lived. Then I just dropped like 6lbs after a few days.