Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BariatricPal Newsletter - August 2016

style="margin:0;padding:0;background-color:#d8dde8;color:#5a5a5a;font:normal 13px helvetica, arial, sans-serif;position:relative;">

Hey BariatricPal Members!

I hope you’re having a wonderful summer and making good progress towards your weight loss and health goals! As our country and the world have been hit in recent weeks by devastating news of senseless deaths, it can be hard to stay focused on the “little things” in life – like health and weight loss. But you can do your best by staying strong and dedicating yourself with even more commitment to achieving your goals. Hopefully this newsletter can help a little; here’s what you’ll find.

• Got a Buddy? Your Key to Better Weight Loss
  • Getting More from BariatricPal
  • Let The BariatricPal Store Make Weight Loss Easier

After you go through the newsletter, we hope you will login to the BariatricPal forums to catch up on all the discussions. Thanks for all of your support, and Happy Independence Day!

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder, BariatricPal

Got a Buddy? Your Key to Better Weight Loss

A weight loss surgery buddy can do wonders for your weight loss. You can motivate each other to stick to the diet, to exercise, and to stay strong in the face of the criticism and judgement that often comes with weight loss surgery.

Face to Face Friendship

Someone you see regularly can help hold you accountable with your WLS diet, and you can do the same for them. It doesn’t need to be a WLS patient if you can find someone else who’s losing weight and just wants the same things you do: weight loss and a healthier life. Some good possibilities are a work colleague or a friend who is ready to commit to weight loss and healthy living.

Working Out Together

A workout buddy can be just what you need if you’re not always eager to get out the door for your workout. It’s a lot harder to shut off your alarm clock and go back to sleep if you know you have a friend waiting for you at 5:00 a.m. It can be a buddy for gym workouts, walks in the neighborhood, or any other workout you want to do.

Find an Online Buddy

A virtual friend can be just as good for weight loss as an in-person friend. Where can you find a friend? Logon to BariatricPal, of course! Be sure to introduce yourself if you haven’t already, and let everyone know that you’re looking for a weight loss surgery buddy. You may want someone with a surgery date near yours, or maybe you’re looking for a WLS veteran. Just see who responds to your post!

Insure Nutrition

We are always thrilled to welcome a new newsletter sponsor into the BariatricPal family, and this month, Insure Nutrition is giving us the pleasure of doing just that. Our latest sponsor, Insure Nutrition, is an online company that specializes in getting health insurance coverage for nutritional supplements. Its Post-Bariatric Surgery Nutrition products includes Premier Protein shakes in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavors and OptiSource High Protein drinks in caramel and strawberry flavors. Checking if you are eligible is easy. Insure Nutrition encourages you to use its online form to find out if you qualify.

Our sponsors help make BariatricPal newsletters and other services possible. We encourage you show your thanks by considering them first for your bariatric needs.

unjury and Opurity

BariatricPal is proud and excited to announce two new sponsors for our newsletters. The new sponsors are Unjury, a supplier of wonderful tasting, highest quality protein supplements, and Opurity (from the makers of UNJURY), highest purity Vitamin supplements for bariatric surgery patients. Their support lets us keep BariatricPal newsletters coming to you each month.

Unjury was founded by a master’s degree dietitian who has been helping patients since 1974. It is committed your health. You know the importance of getting enough protein after weight loss surgery, but you also know that meeting your protein goals can be challenging. Unjury makes your task not just easier but actually enjoyable. Product flavors include Chocolate Splendor, Chocolate Classic, Vanilla, Strawberry Sorbet, chicken Soup Flavor, and Unflavored. These ready-to-use protein powders come in single-serve and multi-serve containers, and contain high-quality whey protein to keep you full and nourished.

Launched in 2007, opurity is dedicated to using the purest ingredients in its supplements. Opurity Bariatric Multivitamins have two unique big advantages:

First, each Multivitamin requires only one tablet per day*. Second, Opurity is so dedicated to quality that it is unique in using no ingredients from China.

Choose from chewable orange-berry multivitamins for gastric bypass and gastric sleeve patients or for lap-band patients.Opurity also sells chewable Calcium, Vitamin D and folic acid/vitamin B-12 chewables. All supplements come with a 100% satisfaction guaranteed. They return policy is: “Yes you can return it.”

Support from Unjury and Opurity helps us continue to bring you the services you enjoy on BariatricPal, so please support these two brands! When looking for your bariatric surgery supplements, first visit Unjury.com and Opurity.com. Purchasing from these companies helps support BariatricPal. Thanks to Unjury and Opurity for your generous sponsorship, and thanks to BariatricPal members who support our partnership!

*You still need calcium and sublingual B-12.

Getting More from BariatricPal

BariatricPal is here for you to help you through your WLS journey. From our supportive and informative forums to our online store with bariatric food, Snacks, and supplements, we’re doing what we can to help you reach your weight loss and health goals.

Better Boarding: Please Promote a Courteous Environment!

BariatricPal is unique because of our friendly and supportive environment. We believe that everyone has the right to post their questions, doubts, and opinions without fear of being ridiculed or put down. Recently, a few members have been violating our zero-tolerance policy for rudeness. This must stop, and you can help make sure it does.

First, you can help by reporting any posts that violate our Forum Rules. You can report anonymously, so there is no fear of retribution. You can also help promote an encouraging environment by making sure you are a positive influence. Answer other posters with respect. If you are unable to respond respectfully to a poster, please just refrain from answering. Thanks to the vast majority of you who make sure to maintain a positive environment on the forums!

Saving Money at The BariatricPal Store

What’s better than getting great-tasting bariatric foods and Vitamins delivered to your door? How about knowing you’re getting the best price on them? The BariatricPal Store guarantees the lowest prices anywhere online with our price matching program. To save even more, we have a special offer for new customers, too! Save 15% on your first order just by using coupon code ILUVBP16 at checkout!

Let The BariatricPal Store Make Weight Loss Easier

Staying strong on the weight loss surgery diet is tough, but it’s a lot easier when you have the bariatric foods you need on hand. When your low-calorie, high-protein drinks and foods are at your fingertips, you’re more likely to get the filling protein you need without diving desperately for junk food. And when your vitamins are formulated for your needs and they’re easy to take, you’re more likely to stay nourished as you lose weight.

The BariatricPal Store has the weight loss surgery essentials that can make your job easier. Here are a few of our most popular products this summer.

Summer Refreshment: Protein fruit Drinks

On a hot summer’s day, a fruit smoothie can sound awfully tempting. Don’t do it – at least, not from a smoothie shop! You can wind up with close to 1,000 calories and over 100 grams of sugar.

BariatricPal fruit smoothies are the smarter choice to satisfy that sweet tooth and refresh yourself. They have the fruit flavors you love, such as pineapple, mango, strawberry, and lemon raspberry iced tea, but without the sugar and calories of regular smoothies. Each low-carb serving has about 10 to 15 grams of protein and 80 to 100 calories.

Hottest Items – Vitamin Patches

Our vitamin patches are flying off the shelves, and for good reason. You don’t have to swallow pills when you have a convenient topical patch to get your vitamins and minerals. Just wear each patch for 8 hours a day to get the nutrients you need.

Pick the individual Patches you want, or take a look at our Patch Packs for Lap-Band, Gastric Sleeve, and Gastric Bypass patients. Don’t forget to browse through our Patch Packs Plus section to pick up extra nutrients for specific benefits.

Snacks for a Day Trip

Heading off to the beach? Planning a weekend getaway? Pack a few high-protein snacks so you know you’re set. Protein bars are a great go-to, since they’re convenient and come in all kinds of great-tasting flavors including chocolate, Peanut Butter, caramel, and lemon.

Bars aren’t your only choices, though. You can try pretzels, chips, and even a box of cereal! These may not sound like good candidates for your WLS diet, but they are! They’re all packed with protein, low in carbs, and in single serving packs to make Portion Control a no brainer on the road.

Thanks for reading the newsletter and for your continued support of BariatricPal. Enjoy your summer, and know that you’re always welcome at BariatricPal to share your questions, advice, encouragement, and concerns about weight loss surgery!

· Unsubscribe from all BariatricPal E-Mail.
open.php?u=14368495&id=c98503be463a44f98