Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snacks for Movie Theatre Ideas?

All ideas are welcome however I will specifically be entering the pureed food stage on tomorrow and will be taking my boys to the movies on Friday. Is there anything I can snack on?? I doubt they have SF Slurpees....

Lately, a cup of Water (usually free) gets me through a movie. I am a year out so sometimes I take a Quest Protein bar.

Since you are on puréed you may need to eat something before you go in the movie or take something discreetly in a cup (maybe yogurt or refried beans). A Protein shake would work, too.

The only thing I could think of that would be puréed on a traditional concession stand menu is nacho cheese sauce without chips. I am sure that isn't very healthy but it might do in a pinch.

Let us know what you come up with.

I can't imagine there will be anything suitable there. Besides, snacking may not be the greatest habit to pick back up. Maybe focus on learning to enjoy the movies without snacking. If you are really concerned that you will be so hungry that you will be unable to enjoy the movie, smuggle in a Premier Protein shake or a small container of Greek yogurt. Good luck!

I went to Star Wars about 4 days after surgery (missing it wasn't an option) and took a Protein Drink in my purse. At that point hydration was important. There is nothing purée friendly at a movie theatre. And 7 months out there is still not anything appropriate for me to eat.... So I don't eat at theaters. I have a meal before I go and they only last couple hours. My best advice is don't eat at movies because it is the definition of mindless snacking. If you have to have something take a Greek yogurt or a Protein Shake.< /p>

My food choice would be beef Jerky. Got the salt thing going for me. That and Water and I'm good.

Baby bell light cheese. It is my go to if I need a snack. It is still suitable while on the purée stage because it's a soft cheese. Just be sure to chew it well.

I drink Water. The movies are a great place to get your Water in for the day, since you are sitting there with nothing else to do. That is what I did early on. I go to the movies almost every weekend.

Now I bring a Protein bar if I know I will be cutting it close on 2-3 hour eating window. If i go to the AMC that serves Brussel Sprouts, I get those.

I suggest though, eating before a movie, and not getting anything at the movies except the rare special occasion. The tradition in our family was we went to dinner or brunch before a movie so we arrived at the movie full. Not only does it save money, it is just healthier overall.@@Bufflehead is right, picking snacking back up early on is probably not the best idea.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

One thing I've learned (of the many things) at almost 2 years post op is I don't need to mindlessly feed my face to watch a movie. I just drink a great big low or no calorie drink like tea or Water or sometimes even a flattened diet soda (gasp)!

Like someone else had said, it's a great way to get your fluids in just sip, sip, sipping through the movie!

I usually plan my trips to the movies around a normal meal time so that I'm able to have a snack but still stick to plan. Until I could eat solids, my goto movie snack was a Protein Shake. Now that I can eat solids I get the chicken fingers. The breading means It's a little more calorie heavy than my regular day to day choices, but still good Protein. The 5-6 chicken fingers you get in one box will last me two meals.

Edited by SilentBotts

Thanks for all the suggestions. I always have Water with me no matter where I am. I also saw where some make cheese Snacks. Basically you bake cheese into cracker form, this is something that can dissolve and be chewed quickly in the mouth and should be ok during pureed stage so Im looking forward to making these as they are also good source of Protein as the cheese sticks are. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!

@@reachbree

Eating cheese alone in large quantities less than a month from surgery seems like a bad idea.

Are you will to take a chance on dumping at the movies with your kids?

I have a lunch bag that looks like a purse.. They never checked it for food. I went to the movies during my pre-op liquid diet and I took yogurt, unflavored applesauce and my Protein drink. Not sure how long the movie is.. I went to see the Revenant (a very long movie).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I would smuggle in a shake or some yogurt tubes.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Yes, yoghurt tubes sounds a good idea too.... that could be the "something sweet"! Great idea