Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I live in Tennessee - but home is Manton Michigan - will be headed there for a while next month.

Hi @@diamondchic94 I'm from Michigan! Annnnnnnnd guess what? I'm having my surgery at Beaumont Royal Oak with Krause. Sounds like we have lots in common so far. I'm scheduled 7/1. I'm in my PreOp phase as of now. I'm new to BP so feel free to hit me up!

I'm from the Detroit area and my surgery is June 22nd with Dr Hawasli at St John.

I'm really not nervous. It seems like a lot of people get nervous about the change and what happens afterwards but that doesn't phase me. The thing I worried about the most was surviving the surgery. I have lost a total of 90 pounds so my blood pressure has gotten back to the high normal range and my sleep apnea has improved. I passed all my pre surgery tests without any areas of concern. I had an EGD done and they used anesthesia I made it without issue so that all calmed my nerves.

@@sgc that's cool. Congrats on your success so far! My friend who inspired me to have the surgery just by seeing her was sleeved by Hawasli. I met her after her weight loss but one day I was sharing with her my struggles and how I'd considered WLS. She told me she did it and I swear I didn't believe her. Seeing how amazing she looked and how normal she appeared to me. She inspired me without saying a word to go for it.

Have you had any issues? Regrets? Words of wisdom? How far out are you? Are you close to goal weight?

@@diamondchic94 I'll be honest. I was very frustrated with the 6 month medically supervised process. DO not and I MEAN DO NOT go to Krause's NP Rachel Blind. Straight up Beyotch. We just clashed period. End of story. I'm not sure what her problem was but i felt that she was more of a barrier in my process. Unfortunately i will have to see her again but if I didn't it would be too soon!

Also, in terms of psychology, please go to Kevin. I wish I had. I had some other chic who is no longer there and really she was on some BS. first off... my evaluation was normal. I agreed to meet with her for a few more times after the eval just because I was previously in therapy a couple months prior for depression. I thought it would be nice to resume therapy under new pretenses. Wrong! She was not helpful at all. She just wasted my time and hers. My depression stemmed from marital issues and i was in the process of rebuilding. I wasn't engaging in any risky behavior or overeating. I was just hard pressed to find time for myself due to my family's hectic schedule.

I knew how to create a calendar, prioritize, delegate, meal plan and prep why are you wasting 45 min of my time to reinforce old concepts. I'm top of that This woman would not clear me for surgery. My clearance was being held up by her! My 6 months turned into a nightmare 12 months!!! She left the organization and my case was transferred to Kevin. He cleared me after my 2nd visit. He shook his head trying to understand why she kept me so long.

Good luck on your first visit. Just stay away from rachel. Everybody else is good. Dr Klenzar, Melissa NP those were the only others that I saw besides Rachel and they were great. Very supportive, helpful, informative, understanding. Rachel will blab about herself and how she just left this national conference and presented on her research and studies on bariatric surgery which show this and that and I think I'm a Dr but I'm not and I have a complex about it so I'll just act like a straight up BEYOTCH to people and sound authoritative to make people respect me. Girl BYE!

Anyways The other staff dieticians, exercise physiologist etc were awesome.

You're at the right place. Just get with the right people, do what is asked of you and don't miss any appointments. Within that 6-7 month time frame. It goes by quickly. I'm scheduled for surgery 7/1.

Oh @@sgc I SEE you are scheduled for 6/22. Duh... good luck and congrats on your progress so far.

Oh wow glad she's gone I talk to the head nurse at the center and she more than likely since my bmi is over 50 and with bcbs I won't have to wait the 6 months and I have very bad sleep apnea and kinda told don't lose wait but don't gain into my preop diet because if I lose and go under bmi 50 I have to do the 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh cool. Yes you won't have to wait. I have BCBS too. No copay, no deductible no coinsurance :) No out of pocket expenses. Definetely a plus!