Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is this (UK Section) so quiet?

There seems to be a burst when someone new joins then it all goes quiet again, has it always been like this?

There seems to be a burst when someone new joins then it all goes quiet again, has it always been like this?

Hello from Napa Valley California! Pre op should be sleeved next month. I am new here and it is odd. Some posts have hundreds of replies whilst others only have single digits. Or the convo morphs into different topics. Anyway only my observation as a newbie. Hope to find a couple cool people who want to share, support each other. Hope you are well. Take care, Michele

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

OMG just made myself LOL. Guess you meant UK people not US. Oh well hello anyway!! Lol

Hi Chele, Hey, i don't discriminte, welcome. Good luck with your op next month, I hope it goes as smoothly for you as it did for me.

Hi Chele, Hey, i don't discriminte, welcome. Good luck with your op next month, I hope it goes as smoothly for you as it did for me.

How I would love to try authentic Fish & chips and Welsh Rarbit and hear the best chicken Tikka Masala is in London. Oh well! Better think on what we will gain as we lose. Hungry writing it is before Breakfast here. So June 8th is the day. Hope you are well and happy!

I actually had a dream a few hours ago. I woke up disturbed. I dreamed that I was at the clinic alone to have the surgery and then I started to freak out like crazy and when the surgeon came they told him that I needed to stay calm then he was like no don't worry we'll just do anesthesia now and he injected me using blood? Lol

Then I was slowly passing out and my last words were "Please don't leave me alone. Please take care of me. Mom. Dad."

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't think many UK sleevers know this board is here. I found it quite by chance but very glad I did. How is your weight loss doing. I'm on holiday in Cyprus but still managing to do my C25k which I am very proud of doing !

Think I have frightened a few village folks here in Catalkoy early in the morning!

Sorry girls, been mad busy with work trying to catch up for when I was off.

@@Chele, I'm allergic to fish so authentic fish and chips don't appeal to me but I do love the smell of them. I also don't eat curries. I do love cheese however (oh how I long for some cheese) and Welsh rarebit is a delight. BUT no more dreaming of food, just think how much it will be worth it when you pull on those size 10 jeans!!!

@ Lulu, weight coming off steady but have had a few days where it's remained the same but on the whole I'm very pleased, nearly 2 stone so far. Please stop panicking. I can't believe how smoothly everything went in Czech and you will be the same. THINK OF THE POSITIVES ONLY FROM NOW ON. Keep us posted, we're rooting for you.

@@chris, you're doing so well Chris, I've chosen you as my inspiration, Whilst my weightloss is steady, I'm so impatient, I wanted to wake up after the op a size 10 LOL but it's not even been a month yet so I need to reign in my silliness. Without wanting to wish my life away, I can't wait for this time next year to see how different my life is. Keep up the good work.

Maybe people are taking a verrrrrrrrrrrry long tea break?:)

Thanks Rosie I don't think I have ever been an inspiration to anyone in my life! I have found this board an absolute mine of knowledge and when I was feeling a bit low or just wondered how others were feeling along the line I would get on line and read about others and know I was not alone on this amazing journey. I have not yet met anyone in real life who has had this op, so the board is still a great place for me to get info and see how others are getting along. Well done on your weight loss, mine has slowed down now but my shape is still changing and now I can fit into size 12 Next I'm happy.!

Onward and downward !

Hi guys. I've been a bit lax recently posting on our UK board. Probably to do with drooling over Dub's recipes and pics and laughing my socks off at KindaFamiliar's 'Great Arse Face Experiment' thread. If anyone is feeling low for any reason I would suggest a trawl through the posts on it. You WILL end up chuckling to yourself.

I find myself in the middle of a stall. Not despondent, just impatient. I stayed with a friend last weekend and went off track a bit so it's all my own fault. However, I am now in size 12 (US 8) tops and bottoms and I am ecstatic! More so because I can get loads of bargains on a fab site called Brand Alley. Just bagged a load of great stuff and have hidden it from husband until he comes off his economy drive!!!! I haven't been that size for years. Love it.

I found the pic from 9 June last year which started my WLS journey. I got husband to take one on Monday (9 May) as I got the glad (ish) rags on to go to an 86th birthday party and the difference is really quite noticeable.

I'm walking miles with the dogs these days but got cranked off with the early morning swims. It was more to do with the geriatric jellyfish who will insist on hogging (and stopping mid length to catch up on the latest chat with their cohorts!) the slower lanes (that I have to use due to not being an Olympic class swimmer)-than my inability to get out of bed at the crack of dawn. Love the swim, hate the thoughtlessness of others but don't feel that I can ask them to change their modus operandi at their age!

On the other hand, my walks are getting longer and five miles is what I like to aim for when I've got time. I will admit to having frequent stops but that is not through being unfit or unable to keep going but from watching the local wildlife! I'm loving it.

I am so very, very happy that nearly a year ago I was forced to face the fact that I wasn't just a bit overweight but completely obese. It made me get off my butt, do something positive and stop the pontificating about going to Weight Watchers or some other (in my case) daft idea.

post-266130-14632040345874_thumb.jpg post-266130-14632040513966_thumb.jpg

Hi Jinty, another great positive story. Your pics are amazing. Impatience is my worst trait although a couple of friends have said to me recently 'you've lost weight' which is good because I didn't tell many I was doing this, for no other reason that I'm sick to death f my weight being everyone's preferred topic of conversation. I just want to get on with it and I will tell them in my own time.

I haven't weighed myself this week as it was becoming a i of an obsession, so I've stuck the scales in the shed for a few weeks and hope for a nice surprise when I fish them out.

Well what a difference in two pics. Love that jacket girl! All the best to all of us UK sleevers and indeed all of the guys and gals worldwide who are sleeving away the weight like us