Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's finals week...with out caffeine :o

I usually live off of candy and caffeine to get through the last few weeks each semester of school. This semester I have particularly tough classes and am attempting to get through 4 finals with no sugar, no caffeine... After the second day of only 3 hours of sleep I would have murdered puppies to have caffeine today.

But if I can make it through this, I'll have no excuses for later when I wanna eat junk. Right?!?

post-287084-14623183992254_thumb.jpg

Giving up caffeine is a bear. I have a cup every weekday morning out of habit, though it's now Decaf. I have two small children and I am often working on little sleep, so lack of caffeine has been rough. On the upside though, I am sleeping better. One of my meds causes significant insomnia when I drink coffee or tea.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you not allowed to have caffeine or are you simply choosing not to? I was cleared for caffeine at 30 days post-op.

I know it seems impossible, but you would be better off with more sleep and/or exercise than caffeine and sugar anyway.

Best of luck with your finals.

I am only five weeks, they don't clear caffeine until 12 weeks.

More sleep and exercise do sound nice, but between kids, schooling and kids schooling stuff it's not gonna happen this week.

Thanks, I will push through. Two more papers, 4 finals... I got this. I may sleep for a week when it's finally over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

12 weeks? Yikes! As it was, the pre-op diet plus the 30 days post-op I wasn't allowed caffeine was KILLER. I was literally counting down the days post-op until I was allowed coffee. Had it highlighted on my calendar and was marking off the days.... I am a true addict.

I weaned down my caffeine slowly so it hadnt been too terrible. But no sugar, no carbs, no caffeine along with high stress and no sleep is making me homocidal, luckily I think actually killing someone would take more energy and time than I have. ;)

I made a Decaf, chocolate Protein mocha thingie hoping I could fake my body into energy... nope.

Edited by csawesome

As I turn in my last paper this morning, I am proud to proclaim finals over. As my reward, I am hitting the gym at 8am. :)

I'm starting Nursing school less than a month after surgery. I'm SO nervous to see how it will turn out. [emoji15]