Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Few pounds up after weight loss post up

When I weighted myself a few days ago I had lost 17 pounds. Today Currently in the hospital waiting to be called for my post up apt. I have been weighed and have gained 3 pounds back. I do admit I getting my Protein is starting to be a pain for me as i've felt a bit nauseas and it disgusts me. I have my post up apt with surgeon and dietician right now. I will update on what they tell me regarding this, but has this happened to anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 2 weeks post up today

Don't panic. All scales are different first (especially if you are weighing at home without clothes and now you have clothes on - hopefully anyway :D ). Also, not sure how far post-op you are, but 17 pounds is amazing. Many gain right after surgery due to swelling and fluids from surgery and then nearly everyone hits a stall at 3 weeks because your body is adjusting. It's all part of the process. You are doing great. Hang in there!

Oh and what are you using for Protein? Have you tried the Premier Protein ready to drink shakes? They are really good. Only 11 oz and 30g of Protein. Highly recommend them if you haven't. For powder I use Precision Engineered whey Protein Isolate (be sure to get Isolate). The chocolate is great and the vanilla is too (and it smells heavenly). I add 1/2 scoop of Protein Powder to greek yogurt in addition to using them to make shakes.< br />

Today i'm 2 weeks post up. At the beginning i was using whey isolate cherry flavor and Isopure banana cream 0 carbs; however i got bored of the flavors so went shopping for the already made on the go shakes. I have tried Atkins shakes bought at CVS 15g Protein. My pouch seems to be bored (nausea) of them as well. I've seen premier brand at CVS too, but never though I vould have those post up. Wow! they have a good amount of Protein so I'll be buying some of those. Yesterday I ordered flavorless Protein Powder online to mix with foods so hopefully I can mix with the yogurt and other foods. I have also tried Carnation brand protein powder which they give you while in the hospital, but they are way to sweet 7g sugar to me or maybe it was just a temporary taste I rejected at first.

At my post up apt today my dietician approved me for stage 4 now makes me so happy. I am now allowed to have foods! Healthy high protein sugar free and low fat foods. Later today for dinner i'll be having fish and see how that goes. Of Course i will still have to take Protein Shakes to meet my daily protein intake.

Hope premier has chocolate

I love chocolate flavor.

@@yami17leth - Glad you got your foods progressed! It's amazing how much better you will feel with that! And yes, Premier does have chocolate. At almost 11 months post-op, I still have one everyday and look forward to it.

@@yami17leth - how did your first "real meal" go?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches