Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My problem is this, whenever I poop I heave like I am going to vomit, sometimes I do. I thought it would get better but it isnt. I don't think it is dumping syndrome because I am very careful about what I eat. I am nauseated pretty much all of the time so I don't know if because I am nauseated, it is easy to push me over that edge. I know it hasn't been that long, do I just need to wait longer? Any advice?

Background:

I had the RNYGP on March 31st. First two weeks I was able to get in all of my liquids and 2 or 3 costco Protein drinks. One day my body just said nope! I couldn't keep them down or get them down. It was time to transition to real food. So my doc said to quit the Protein Drinks. Transitioning has been difficult and is not going well. I eat small amounts, 1/4 cup, and stick to what I'm allowed. I am transitioning very very slowly too. I have trouble getting 10 grams of Protein a day. I do exercise, which can help with the nausea.

Also digestion hurts, is that normal at first??? I pureed my food and still chewed it to make sure it was chewed enough.

To me this doesn't sound "normal.".....I don't think feeling nauseous at any point should be considered normal.....expected is another issue I guess. but if you are feeling nauseous on a regular basis this is something your doctor can address with medication. Having you rush into more solid food doesn't seem like the right next step to me.....I would think getting you "stable" with liquids first would be more appropriate.....being able to drink your liquids without pain and nausea first, and then moving to the next step....

To me, the heaving you get when you try to poop is probably just really bad to severe nausea. In my opinion you need some sort of medication for nausea and or gas, and you need to go back to liquids until it's under control.....but I am no doctor. You need to talk to your doctor or nutritionist right away. 10 grams of Protein will not cut it!!

Call your doctor or nutritionist and keep us informed on how you're doing. I hope you feel better soon!!!

time to call your team. They sent me home with anti nausea meds but I didn't need them, it sounds like you might just need them.

I couldn't drink that many of those costco drinks per day and in fact it even says on the side of them no more than one per day. I felt awful sick drinking that many of them before I saw that written on the side of it.

I couldn't drink that many of those costco drinks per day and in fact it even says on the side of them no more than one per day. I felt awful sick drinking that many of them before I saw that written on the side of it.

Good point! Maybe try a higher quality Protein drink as well....

Thanks for the ideas.

I've talked with the dr.

I got some anti nausea meds but because they knock me out I can only really use them at night. Sadly non of the other anti nausea meds do anything. ( I do take crushed up Dramamine which does help.) I am going to try ginger gum too.

I have tried quite a few different Protein drink types. Isopoure, the milkshake one, eas, muscle milk etc. etc. Right now the only thing I can keep down are the pasteurized egg whites. :blink: :unsure: Though to be honest I don't have much motivation to 'eat' anything. I know that I should but I am getting to the point of it being too much trouble. The thought of swallowing egg whites just, yuck. Yes, yes. I know how important it is to get in Protein.

The nausea is still pretty intense and I'm just going to try to keep moving forward through it. The buck up and hopefully in time it will calm down mentality.

Thanks for the advice!

You sound just like me. That's exactly how I was having BM's. I'm 6 months out now and don't ever have that issue any more. I want to say it stopped for me about 3 months out.

I am having that issue right now, I feel nausea every time I eat, the dr gave me meds to clam down but still on going, I had a full abdomen scan and everything is ok, I had lab test and found out everything is ok too! Of course I am happy nothing wrong showing up. The Isopure I cant even smell it with out nausea and eggs... forget it I stop eating that, I know that I have to eat Protein but it is true that gives me nausea. Anyway I'm hanging in there with Beans and such, like I tried ginger tea with out any results, btw it is hot! itches in the throat

With normal tea the nausea will go a little bit. Hot meals like Beans and broth go in easier for me