Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't like dairy/eggs/fish! What will I eat?

I don't like yogurt, milk, eggs or fish. Like I can't even choke them down.

Am I going to struggle with finding things to eat after surgery? Everyone seems to eat eggs and fish!

Thanks

I foresee you eating a lot of chicken. With maybe some turkey for variety ^_^

You may also find that your tastes change after surgery, so be open to that. I absolutely loathed eggs pre-surgery, for my entire life. Just the smell of them made me feel like I was on the verge of throwing up. But since surgery, I absolutely love them and eat them almost every day.

Sounds like you need to sit down with your NUT to come up with options that work for you.

I also suggest you keep an open mind. After surgery you really do have a new palate and may find you actually like some things you didn't before.

As others have said: chicken, turkey, beef, pork, venison, cheese, nuts, beans.... There are many sources of Protein still available to you. I'm 17 months out and rarely eat yogurt anymore (though I admit to relying on it heavily in my early food stages). And I only eat eggs if I am out to eat. Don't keep them in the house because they go bad before I get around to eating them. And I have HATED fish my entire life, though I do eat shellfish.

After sleeve surgery, I can't eat any of those things you listed without getting sick. My stomach doesn't like dairy, eggs, yogurt, or fish, lol and I'm just fine. I eat chicken mostly for Protein, sometimes I can tolerate Greek yogurt if it's frozen in a smoothie mixed with almond milk, I don't care about fish that much, and while I do miss eggs, it isn't something I really think about much. I'm 29 months post-op and for the bulk of that time I have had less than a total of 10 servings of all of that stuff combined. I'm at goal and all of my blood values are where they should be, so you'll be fine without any of those things in your diet.

There are so many options. I can no longer eat eggs and I really only choose fish when I go out to eat because my family doesn't like it. I eat a lot of chicken, turkey, beef and pork tenderloin.

I don't eat Beans at all and I get my Protein every day.

I really hate eggs after surgery, it is a real roll of the dice if they are okay or if they will make me sick. I don't eat them often. I don't like yogurt, people seem crazy for it and it is all people seem to talk about on weight loss forums and it is just nasty to me and the nutritional value seems worthless, but it easy to eat and has Protein so I see why people like it.

When I get tired of fish, I eat deli ham. I like fish because I can eat more of it and easily meet Protein goals. Now that I am past 6 months, chicken and beef are much easier to eat than they were at 2-3 months.

Now that I am further out I am eating a lot of filet mignon and lamb. Going to add bison in soon. A lot meats that were previously expensive become suddenly affordable when you never eat more than 3-4 oz at a time.

Thanks so much for all the advice. It seems like all anyone talks about are eggs, yogurt and fish, I was getting freaked out at the thought of not being able to eat the "good" foods everyone else is having. I guess it's a stupid fear!

chicken turkey pork Beans tofu

I don't like yogurt, milk, eggs or fish. Like I can't even choke them down.

Am I going to struggle with finding things to eat after surgery? Everyone seems to eat eggs and fish!

Thanks

SO glad you wrote this topic! I am exactly the same, no yogurt, milk, or fish for me. They all make me sick. I am having surgery on Tuesday and I am really worried too. Seems like there are alternatives. Thanks again for asking! ????

Just because you aren't a fan of it pre op, doesn't mean post op you won't like them. I can't remember when the last time pre op was that I ate an egg. They just never did it for me, but post op, I love eggs and eat them every week. Dairy still isn't my friend except cheese....I love cheese especially on my eggs! lol just be open minded post op into trying things you might not have liked before. Your taste buds really do change and you may find things taste better post op.

Refried Beans with cheese? Hummus. Add unflavored Protein powder to sf pudding ( GENEPRO ) Soup, mash potatoes. You will find things that work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk