Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your experience with Liposuction?

There was a study that was conducted in humans that showed that liposuction results are only temporary, and the fat returned within one-year, particularly to the abdomen: Reference article: http://www.mybariatriclife.org/fat-returns-after-liposuction-plastic-surgery/

Most of my excess skin and fat was removed by excision. I did have some Lipo done on my inner thighs but this was in conjunction with a thigh lift in which the skin and fat were excised. One liter of fat was removed. I really cannot say if the fat was redistributed or not. I have gained some weight since my plastics, thus my measurements have been affected.

I hope the article is helpful.

Your results are amazing so far!! Glad the pain hasn't been too bad!! Congrats on your surgery.

@@My Bariatric Life thanks for the article, though I couldn't read it all because there is a persistent add that couldn't be closed. I do know that the fat in the leg is different than other body fat - leg fat actually does make more cells as opposed to growing and shrinking, like the rest of the body. So I have been wondering what the long term effects might be. I actually didn't like the results of that study, given than I'm 5 days post procedure, lol. Guess I am to be my own study, since it is done. I'll let you know.

I seriously considered doing a revision to a long thigh lift. I talked to a PS here locally, and of course Dr Sauceda by email and they both said "don't do it". While my thighs aren't "tight" like my arms are, due to this leg fat having a life of its own (weird) they just didnt think it was worth the cost, recovery and scars for me as the results would probably not be long lasting, and as much improvement as i want. Same advice he gave me when I had my original plastics....

I have made peace with it. My outer thighs are awesome - I am your classic skinny butt girl and my thighs look muscular. The inner thigh is where I jiggle, and have excess skin and what looks to me like extra fat cells. I am counting my blessings that nobody else really notices and it and thigh gaps are overrated anyway. This is the part of the program where I remind myself I AM 51, didn't spend my teens, 20s, 30s or most of 40s as a supermodel and fit (quite the opposite, was obese!) and I need to seriously have realistic expectations and in truth I do - it is nice to dream a little though. Maybe in my next life I can get a thigh gap - ha :)

@@My Bariatric Life thanks for the article, though I couldn't read it all because there is a persistent add that couldn't be closed. I do know that the fat in the leg is different than other body fat - leg fat actually does make more cells as opposed to growing and shrinking, like the rest of the body. So I have been wondering what the long term effects might be. I actually didn't like the results of that study, given than I'm 5 days post procedure, lol. Guess I am to be my own study, since it is done. I'll let you know.

@@CowgirlJane I've seen your pictures, and I wouldn't have a vertical thigh lift if I were you, either. For me, I still think it was the only option, and I'm happy I did it. My legs bothered me more than anything before surgery, and after all this, that's still the case. I am your classic big butt/thigh girl, and no amount of weight loss or plastic surgery will erase that. I have terrible cellulite, bumps, sags, and jiggling. And right now, I am also black and blue from hip to calf, and it looks like someone beat me with a bat.

Like you, I remind myself that I'm 53. I am OK with all of that. I am not seeking perfect thighs or body. I just wanted to be more proportionate and not have any huge bulges that show in clothes. I will never be able to wear anything shorter than right at the knee, and even that is a stretch. Skinny pants are not my best look either. However, I look great in most jeans and trousers, and the rest of my body is absolutely beach worthy - for someone at any age. So, I count my blessings.

And I pray all that fat doesn't grow back on my hips!! Yikes! I hated those freakish, unsightly bulges that were hard to hide, and I don't want them back! Incidentally, I do have a little thigh gap, which is pretty fun for a fat thighed girl ;) Well....I did before I gained 10 pounds of swelling from lipo!!

Sure...rub it in! :)

I think you did the right thing with this. None of us seek perfect but it is nice for clothes to fit properly and to be able to wear reasonably clothing. My final decision point was I can wear shorts and skirts above the knee. I go nylon free in dresses, so seriously all that is a dream come true already!

Hoping you heal quickly!

Yeah, I am my own lab rat, too, hahaha. Good luck with recovery and results! BTW can you tell me what kind of computer you used to view the article? The ads are a problem on some computers and not on others. It is responsive design so it is supposed to work on all devices. Thanks much!

Thought you might like to see the black and blue legs! post-169691-14532540392843_thumb.jpg post-169691-14532540518985_thumb.jpg post-169691-14532540653303_thumb.jpg

@@MichiganChic Those bruises look painful, but more importantly your thighs look great. The skin looks like it's going to be tight!! Congrats on your plastics!!

@@glitter eyes thanks. I think my thighs are only tight because I am wearing an extra 15 pounds of Water right now, lol. Honestly, my thighs have a lot of cellulite, and even after a vertical thigh lift and a 360 lift, they still had some laxity, especially in back. I know I will never have great legs. I just want to be able to look normal in clothes, and be reasonably even on both sides. Hopefully the Lipo accomplished that.

When were you told to expect final results? I am all shaped of purple and swelling is way down but still looks like hell. Doc says "I think we will get good results" and I am wondering how to visualize that yet!!! He liposuction ed agressively, all inner thighs.

@@CowgirlJane congratulations! I didn't realize you were heading down there so soon. I'm sure you will get good results, you didn't have far to go!

I was told about a month for most of the swelling to go down, and 6 months or longer for the rest to resolve. I think that's when you can expect to see results. It also depends on your skin. I don't have much elasticity, but you also have to wait to see how it adhere. This is not as much instant gratification as I wish it were!

I am still so black and blue it is a little shocking. I could immediately see the "freakish" outer thigh was deflated, but there's a spot on the left hip that's still there, though it seems to be shrinking. Overall my legs are swollen hip to toe, and I am still up 10 pounds. (down 5 from last week). I had Lipo both outer thighs (a lot) and some on inner thighs, a little above left knee, and a lot from right front and side/back of knee. Like I said, I was uneven. I sure hope this does the trick, but I can't tell yet.

Are you wearing the compression garment? I am, and its the first one I've had, even with all my surgeries. I was allowed to take it off yesterday, but could not sleep with it off. It actually helps with

pain. My legs burn and tingle with it off, and I am much more sore without it.

Mine was all inner thigh but the shades of black, blue, purple and yellow are quite shocking really. When i get home I shall share the crazy tale of how I went to Mexico for a boob and wound up getting the deflated balloons that hung between my upper thighs reduced. Truly, when he did the photo consult he thought they weren't work addressing (we seek meaningful improvement not perfection )but when he saw them in person...it was like, doesn't that get in the way? Yup especially in summer skirts with no hosiery. One fat lump has to fit behind the other... that is the beginning of a very wild ride this week.