Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BooHoo! I had wine this weekend, up 2 pounds..... anyone else love wine?

LOL...I love wine, but it's doesn't really like me anymore. I'm not so kind to it as I used to be. If I were wine, I would be offended by me and hate me as well...since I neglect it so much. I spent the last 3 weekends at softball tournaments, freezing my rear end off...so I treated myself to a nice Lois Jadot white wine this Saturday, poured myself a nice 6 oz glass. Drank about 3 oz over period of an hour of it and went "Eck", I'm done...toss it out. Wine really hates my ass now.

**edited becuz eye speled sum sh*t rong

Edited by Pillar2butterfly

Yep! Still drink it too, with few repercussions. Sometimes reds give me reflux but whites are almost always okay. As for it making me gain, I tried my first drink a few months in while I was still losing, but was also still tracking religiously. When I chose to indulge, I worked it onto my day and lost fine. I also had developed a regular exercise routine burning 400-500 calories 5x per week which helps my metabolism and gives me leeway for the occasional "indiscretion". Now 2 years out, I don't track anymore, but if I gain a few pounds, alcohol and other "treats" are the first to go until it comes off.

It's probably just bloating. I gain a little every time I drink, and it goes away in a day or so. Alcohol affects our bodies weird because of the sugars.

@@mmincinci

Had mimosa's for brunch on Halloween. I did fine. I was surprised the champagne carbonation had no effect on me. i indulge here in there. I feel I'm now one of the normal thin people in the world. if I have a gain I know I have to work it off at the gym to maintain. ( I'm in the maintenance phase)

It seems like those of you who are saying you do fine are at least a year out (2014 surgery). I am three months out and I can't even imagine the thought of alcohol, so I'm not inclined to try. It could knock me out even at my highest weight and larger stomach. Given this thread, I am definitely waiting until the 1st anniversary (incidentally, the day after my birthday).

I used to love wine but I was afraid of drinking after the operation, after the doctor told me it will affect my differently and will get me drunk faster. I used to drink freely and not getting drunk but I was never a big drinker. I had a glass of wine last week and was Ok. No re-flux butI regretted after looking at the carbs. I will drink scotch next time. Less calories, no carbs. Don't drink much anyways. Took 8 months to have my first. It will probably take another 8 to try scotch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches