Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star medica vs puerto vallarta 6600 vs 4500? Help!

Have appointment in star medica my friend went too seems very mondernizd. Then incame across one in pv for 4500 huge difference since all is self pay including two plane tickts for my mother.

My friend told me you get what you pay for ie:bad rusty staples or bad glue etc.

iam not so sure about that and thats a huge savings.

Then again its my body and health the most important thing in this world!

So of anyone has gone to either one and has info???? Thanks

I went with Bariatric Pal for under $5,000 and I had a great experience. Sooooo guess all that does is give you a third options lol. Sorry

I went to Dr. Hidalgo in PV exactly 2 months ago today. Great surgeon, great experience. I love PV so it was a treat to spend a few days recovering on the beach there!! When I left the hospital 2 days later, I felt like I hadn't had surgery at all. Recovery was a breeze!

I had a friend who had great results with Dr. Hidalgo 6 months earlier so I was confident in my decision. There were no complications for me and the price was tough to beat!

In the end, it comes down to what ever you feel most comfortable with. Do your research, talk to the different surgeons and go with what your gut tells you. Good luck in your journey!!

Edited by Remix

Thanks everyone! So far my pick is probably the more expensive one even if i have to wait couple more months.

i know myself and iam so paranoid as it is lol i woukd be forever worring about rusty stable adding toxins to my body.

You really should look into the doctors here at bariatric pal. I just had a revision from sleeve to bypass and my surgeon was amazing, no complications I had Dr Zavalza. Please PM if you have any questions, I also believe the price is just over 4000.00.

Star Medica is great! They don't fuss and fall all over you like they do in the US but they were always there if I needed anything. It was EXTREMELY clean and modern for the most part. I went with Dr. Rodriguez who was wonderful! I paid more but it was worth it for the care I received. I did a TON of research before deciding to the point of being obsessive. None of the surgeons with bariatric pal even made my top five list. If you have questions, I'm happy to share all of my experiences while I was there.

Dr. Rodriguez

Dr. Ramos Kelly

Dr. Whilmey

Dr. Corvella (sp?)

Dr. Illan

I had surgery with Dr. Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta and the cost was a factor in my decision, but the care has been wonderful.  Not only did I receive a VIP type treatment and care, my VSG went very smoothly.  The hospital, the CMQ Premiere was very clean and modern and had everything that I expected.  The nurses spoke some english and the doctors were very caring.  Dr. Hidalgo was AWESOME.  You wont go wrong if you choose him, and you will save some money as well!

I agree with Band07.  I had my surgery with Dr. Rodriguez 3 months ago and it was a great experience.  Dr, Rod and his staff were very informative and very professional.  I did pay more, but I felt completely safe with Dr. Rod.

I also choose Star Medica as my hospital because I liked the fact that it was a full hospital with a blood bank and an ICU if there were complications. 

Star Medica is great! They don't fuss and fall all over you like they do in the US but they were always there if I needed anything. It was EXTREMELY clean and modern for the most part. I went with Dr. Rodriguez who was wonderful! I paid more but it was worth it for the care I received. I did a TON of research before deciding to the point of being obsessive. None of the surgeons with bariatric pal even made my top five list. If you have questions, I'm happy to share all of my experiences while I was there.

Please don't take this as personal criticism, but I think the thought that US care fusses and falls to care for patients is perhaps what I too thought of a few years back. They do the needful, in a stellar way. Kudos to our medical, caring doctors and nurses! However they just are stretched so thin with staffing and patient load, it only feels like they wake you up ten times in the middle of the night ????. I had surgery in TJ Mexico a few years ago in a older hospital, and I've been with my husband as he had surgery in a top rated US hospital recently. I would rate the care and availability of the doctors and nurses near equal.

Please don't take this as personal criticism, but I think the thought that US care fusses and falls to care for patients is perhaps what I too thought of a few years back. They do the needful, in a stellar way. Kudos to our medical, caring doctors and nurses! However they just are stretched so thin with staffing and patient load, it only feels like they wake you up ten times in the middle of the night . I had surgery in TJ Mexico a few years ago in a older hospital, and I've been with my husband as he had surgery in a top rated US hospital recently. I would rate the care and availability of the doctors and nurses near equal.

I'm not sure how you took my comment, however the purpose was only to say that it was different than what I had received in the US, not better or worse. I am not bothered by the constant attention that I've been provided at various times in the US, however my experience in Mexico was that they only came when I called and maybe one or two other times during my stay and that was it. Therefore, someone who has been accustomed to nurses in and out numerous times may be surprised to find that is not the case there.

I had Dr Rodriguez at Star Medica too. He's great. Might not be the cheapest but I felt safe.