Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

I was sleeved 26 August and to tell you the truth I feel like -------. I am at a lost for words. I am tired, I mean down right exhausted from doing very little. I can't say honestly that I regret because of the lack of food etc but I think it's the feeling sick part that I don't like so much.

I am also staying with a friend who is pushing me to ... Oh walk the dog, you have to get up and do bla bla bla and the truth is bedside taking a shower in the mornings, a short walk to and from the park, reading and talking to a few family members by phone there is very little else that I have the energy to do.

She also comes to the room and pulls the curtains, sing, and opens the windows so wide even while I am still sleeping. Here contemplating a hotel for the next three weeks before I return to my job, which is in another country.

Being exhausted for a few to several weeks is completely normal after surgery. I don't know if hearing that will make you feel better, but I hope it does, and you can know that you will gradually get your strength and energy back.

Your friend sounds like a pill. Tell her your doctor ordered you to rest as much as needed. If she can't accept that, and you can afford it, I certainly endorse the idea of a hotel! Good luck.

Recovery was a total b**** for me. I was nervous about how bad it could be... And it was worse than I imagined ! I had the bypass June 30... There is a silver lining I promise ! One day you're going to wake up and feel like yourself again. Right now, just try to keep positive and rest up. Try talking to your friend because no one knows how crappy you feel unless you've gone through it. I couldn't believe they wanted me to walk almost an hour a day when I came home from the hospital when I could barely stand up straight...

You're energy will increase after 6 weeks for now do the best you can !

You won't feel yourself for at least a month. It's totally ok. You need to tell your friend, thank you for loving me, but you need to chill. Don't push yourself. Do what you can. It will get better every day. ❤️

@@del112 Recovery is exhausting and you need to rest. I would suggest laying in the bed butt naked in the morning and I bet you she won't come busting in your room again throwing open curtains and whatnots! That should fix it!

You've had major surgery, and the body uses a lot of energy to repair itself. It's natural and expected to feel tired.

I had very low energy levels through about week 5 or 6. Yesterday I ran 2 miles. You'll get there. :)

I had my surgery on August 24th and I have had moments where I feel like myself and then moments like yourself totally exhausted. I know 3 people who have had this surgery and they all went through the same thing but are extremely happy they did it. Do what you can when you feel up to it, and rest when needed, stay positive.

@everyone.

Thanks you so much for the encouragements I fel so much better. You also made me smile and I really needed that. I think I like the getting butt naked part too. I'll try it and let you know. lol... Funny

I was sleeved August 25th. Regrets? Hell yes! But I just ignore them, because this part sucks. If I have regrets in a year, then I will actually have regrets. It's like choosing to go to college and asking yourself during your first finals week if college was a good decision. Also, I have 5 kids, and had them all naturally. There was a point in labor for each one that if someone said, "Hey want to just forget the whole thing? We'll stop now, and labor will stop, but you won't get your kid," I would have said, F YES! That said, yesterday I was really discouraged, today I'm feeling pretty upbeat. Not even sure why. It hurts, and I would really like more than 3 swallows of water!

Aug 24th here also..you just had major surgery...I felt same way..I found the B12 sublingual helps alot..ive been taking 2 every other day..and I see a difference. It will pass.

I'm so bored at home for a week surgery on the 26th..it shall pass and I m not hungry but keep having head cravings of meatballs or lasagna oh the tv commercials...

You will get better

Hi, you've gotta GET UP AND MOVE!! Getting rest is fine but every two hours you've gotta walk even if it's down the hallway and back. It gets the blood flowing for you to heal better and feel better.

My doctor said that and I know others I've spoken to have said the same.

If anyone tells you you gotta stay and lay in bed all day, you're fooling yourself... Don't listen. Whoever friend who's coming in to take care of you and open the blinds and encouraging you to get up, is a GOOD Friend.

I had my mine June 30th and was extremely nauseous and sick the first 4 or so days after my surgery.

I had no choice but to go to work in 3 days after my sleeve. So I had to get better,

Plus getting some B12 and take your vitamins! Will help you get energy and recoup!

But get up please! You'll be happy you did,

Thanks Emily, but as my grandmother use to say" every heart knows it's own sorrows" and one can only do the best one can do . While I agree I should and I have indeed walked.

Recovery is a personal thing. I salute you for being able to go back to work in three days! I would not have been able to! A week perhaps but, three days??

By the way there is no doubt my friend means well but at that time I simply couldn't do more than I was.

Best of luck on the journey !!

Just curious did you have a 6 month wait for surgery?