Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roll call all who had surgery JUNE 2015

Hi All, I had VSG June 11th, just wanted to know how you guys are doing frustration, successes, etc..

I had my first doctors visit on July 9th doc was pleased that I had lost 9lbs from surgery said I was on track said I should exercise and take it easy and add more foods to my diet. I am down 30lbs now from starting weight. Doc said I should be losing about 15 -25 lb a month.

Still can't eat salad gives me the bubble guts. I am able to eat broccoli which pre surgery gave me gas.

I eat a lot of chicken, baked, roasted, and chicken salads.

Just started with a new gym and really just getting started. I am looking forward to my transformation.

Edited by JosieAppleHead

I was sleeved June 23rd, had my month pre-op appt yesterday! Incisions are healing well, I am down 25 lbs total from preop liquid diet [2 weeks] to now so 6 weeks total. I got clearance for the gym, so Ill be starting that on Monday. I have been doing ok tolerating most foods, eggs depend on the day - sometimes bothersome and I have not done well with Greek yogurt or whey Protein powder. Other than that, I am very happy with my decision and the progress I'm making!

Can't wait to see the lbs and inches continue to go down!

Awesome, sounds like you're doing great. I had my surgery June 25 and I just had my 1 mo doc follow up and i'm down 45lbs. I tried a small bit of salad and felt the bubble guts as you're saying lol i'm still in my mushy foods stage and so far, I feel fantastic. I'm pretty sick and tired of my Protein Shakes, but i'm running out so i'm going to try a new kind, new flavors, i'm sure that will help. I'm going to start at the gym on Monday, really looking forward to getting in there and seeing how some cardio improves my weight loss. Best of luck @@JosieAppleHead!

I was sleeved June 10th 2015 Lost 25lbs total including 10lbs pre op but at a total stall ever since, weight loss stopped I'd say 1 1/2 out of surgery. I just gain and lose the same 2lbs since. Met with the doctor twice since surgery and he didn't seem concerned after looking at my food/water log but I sure am!

@@AmberWarstler We are almost at the exact same place. I had surgery on June 8th. Seems like I continually stall since surgery. Have lost a total of 25 pounds with pre and post op losses. Trying to just stay relaxed and trust the process.

Hi all! I has surgery June 6th. It hasn't been easy but definitely worth it. I've lost total of

32lbs. Still trying to figure out how to eat properly without getting sick and getting all my

nutrients in. I've been doing light exercises but hope to get to a proper class or the gym. Good luck everyone!

I'm trying as well, there's really not much I can do except what the doctor told me to and go with the flow. My fiancé keeps telling me.." Stop worrying, you WILL lose the weight." I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

I was sleeved June 8th. I have lost 42lb post op and 66 lb total. I am still on soft foods. I have not tried salad yet, I'm too afraid. A lot of meats are too dry (chicken breast, hamburger patties, pork). I am tired of shakes, but without then I can not get enough Protein.< /p>

June 30th here. I thought I was down 20-21 lbs as of Tuesday but I weighed myself this morning and I am up 2lbs. That sounds impossible right? I've been eating 600-700 per day. Averaging 60gms of protein…. I have a few more weeks before I can do high impact expertise but I can do everything else starting now.

I was sleeved June 8th. I have lost 42lb post op and 66 lb total. I am still on soft foods. I have not tried salad yet, I'm too afraid. A lot of meats are too dry (chicken breast, hamburger patties, pork). I am tired of shakes, but without then I can not get enough Protein.

Have you tried marinating the chicken in something like fat free Italian dressing or cooking it in some chicken broth?

With hamburgers I have to have mine medium instead of well done to be able to eat it.

I like pork with fat free honey mustard dressing.

We have a Nu Wave oven like you see on TV and it's well worth the money. You can cook your meat from frozen and it stays really juicy. My husband hates turkey but he will eat turkey cooked in the Nu Wave because it's not all dried out.

My surgery was June 1st. I'm down 29 lbs since surgery. I haven't had any problems with any foods but I'm a band to sleeve revision and my sleeve is a little larger - he only took out 75%.

Hello, Hello!

I was sleeved on 6/22. I only weigh in on Sundays, and so far I'm down around 28 pounds since June 1st which includes pre-op and post-op. The three ladies who were sleeved with me on the same day at OCC are all down about the same. We would all be classified as 'lower BMI" I believe, so we are pleased.

I'm in week one of soft foods. I also find it interesting that a scrambled egg goes down smoothly one day, and then sits like a rock another day. I tried some soft ground turkey this week, and the first two times it was ideal, and then yesterday I had serious stomach pain for about 30 mins, and tried to walk it off (same portion). I am working harder at chewing more, as I have dental issues and have never been a good chewer. This does not come easy for me. I love the taste of Shelley's Baked Ricotta (WorldAccordingtoEggFace), but it doesn't sit well for me yet, maybe because of the acid in the sauce. I am taking Omeprazol as prescribed by my surgeon.

I'm also trying some of the phone apps that help with Water reminders, as I continue to struggle to get in more than 32 ounces of Fluid, which is a real no no. Today, I was not allowed to have my yogurt with GENEPRO (which I love), until I drank 16 ounces. That worked!

I have a closet full of many sizes, and I have been able to shop there for clothes with tags still on them. I like that people are admiring my "new" work wardrobe rather than commenting on any weight loss.

Keep in touch, June Sleevers!

I was sleeved on 6/18/15 -- 5 weeks ago today! Aside from the headache I have today :-( things are going well.

Averaging 60-70g/protein per day

Down just over 22 pounds (it's going really slowly!)

I drink at least one Protein shake per day, but have also eaten: Greek yogurt, tuna salad, eggs (scrambled, hardboiled, and also in a mini quiche), refried Beans, turkey chili, hummus, etc.

I could be exercising more ... but it's been so damn hot/humid! :-)

I was sleeved June 29th and down 28 pounds. Only 100 more to go...lol

I'm still on soft foods, everything is sitting well except tuna. Ugh, that was awful and to top it off my 5 year old son asked me why I was eating cat food? !

Hi guys! I was sleeved 6/29 and down 22 pounds. Just got to start pureed foods today, so I am very excited about that! All is well, although I am sick to death of Protein shakes.

I was sleeved June 8th. I have lost 42lb post op and 66 lb total. I am still on soft foods. I have not tried salad yet, I'm too afraid. A lot of meats are too dry (chicken breast, hamburger patties, pork). I am tired of shakes, but without then I can not get enough Protein.

Have you tried marinating the chicken in something like fat free Italian dressing or cooking it in some chicken broth?

With hamburgers I have to have mine medium instead of well done to be able to eat it.

I like pork with fat free honey mustard dressing.

We have a Nu Wave oven like you see on TV and it's well worth the money. You can cook your meat from frozen and it stays really juicy. My husband hates turkey but he will eat turkey cooked in the Nu Wave because it's not all dried out.

My surgery was June 1st. I'm down 29 lbs since surgery. I haven't had any problems with any foods but I'm a band to sleeve revision and my sleeve is a little larger - he only took out 75%.

I have marinated the chicken in multiple marinades, no luck. I have now switched to chicken thighs. I can do loose ground beef, but hamburger patties for some reason hurt. I can only eat 1-1.5 oz of meat anyways. I usually just make my husband dinner and take my meat from his plate lol.