Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am currently 6days pre op. I had a hernia repair as well as the VSG. I have only been tolerating Water and power aid zero with Carafate (for my reflux) for the last few days. I have been really tired and irritated because nothing is going as what I had planned....Went to smoothie King today and picked this Protein Powder up because a good friend said it was one of her favorites. Put two scoops with 8-10oz of water with ice and blended it up....omg....she wasn't kidding!!! This tastes like chocolate cake batter...I have seen this on line where you can order it off Amazon but this is REALLY GOOD! I think I have found my heaven in a cup for today! (Actually had to stand up and I could get down 6oz of it!!) Just wanted to share!! post-257770-14362749770163_thumb.jpg

HI there! So sorry you are having challenges, but 6 days out you really don't have to worry about anything but healing which means getting in as much fluids as possible and walking as often as you can without trying to be a super hero, at this stage. Friends and Family try to be so helpful but they really don't understand the physiological differences we now have in general. I am just concerned that you are using the right type of Protein. We are different than the average person who can digest any types of Proteins and not worry about getting the essential amino acids etc etc. I'm guessing your Protein is soy, those are the best tasting but not good for us. The best types are whey isolates but not everyone can tolerate them. I opted for a nectar because I was having a problem getting the "shake" types down and the most popular brand of premier which is 11oz is next to impossible in the first 4 weeks. Mine is 4 oz with 30gms of protein. I am in no way advertising or promoting any brand or connected to any company. My sister had RNY 10 years ago and is helping me so much along with my Surgeons support group, and although I have the sleeve which is not the same, the rules are pretty much the same. Feel free to keep in touch in you would like a buddy.

It looks like that shake also has some sort of coffee extract, which appears to be a stimulant. You might want to check with your nutritionist to see if that's acceptable- I don't think mine would approve that. However, I feel your pain re: finding a decent tasting shake. I don't like any of them, but I drink them because I have to.