Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support. It really helped!!! The surgery went great. I did have a small hernia the Dr. Wynn repaired during the process. The whole surgery took about 45mins. I came home the next night because I meet all the requirements to be dicharged. I didn't have to much pain from the surgery itself. My pain was from gas and really bad nausca.Walking will help with the gas but the nausca was bit more to get under controll for me. they have me every med they could but they didn't help to much. Finally the switched my pain meds which were added to the nausca and they gave me this patch to put behind my ear.After that the nausca started to die down. So now I'm recovering better. I'm finding it difficut to get in all my fluids because I'm not hungry but I know I have to try. Does everyone feel this weird sensation when you are drinking and does it go away? It it because of the gas? I guess its like your trying to get it down and the gas is trying to push it back up at the same time. Thoughts?

bodyweight.png?ts=1435877970

Edited by nasirah21

I had surgery on the 30th and it's the weirdest feeling when I drink it's like my stomach does a rumbling. When I take my pain medicine I can feel it go all the way down and the way my stomach reacts is crazy weird

Yes...I have the same feeling and I am 3 days out. I think it is the air in the pouch being displaced by the sips of Fluid. I hope it goes away. I had issues with the meds as well. The anti nausea medication makes me nauseous. The liquid pain reliever was disgusting (and luckily I am uncomfortable but not in too much pain). And one medication they said was important to take was given to me in a solid pill form (Reglan- to aid in digestion) and it has to be crushed and put with something to swallow. It tastes like chewing on a Bayer aspirin! Needless to say, at this point I am making fluids my top priority and am sipping as suggested from a 1 oz medicine cup trying to get down 1 oz in 15 minutes. It is very difficult. But I know the effort will pay off, so I know it is important to get through this week without becoming dehydrated.