Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow weight loss and bump under port incision

Seasoned sleevers, what was your weight loss like? I have read several posts where people have talked about slow weight loss after revision. I know our metabolisms are slower already since we had the band, but I haven't really lost any weight in the last week or so, just 3 was post op. Just curious as to others experiences....

Also, I noticed a bump under one portion of my incision where they removed my port. Last week, the entire incision was a little hard, now it is just at one end. Did anyone experience this? How long until it went away?

Good Morning,

I had my revision the end of August 2014 started at 227 and I'm now at a stand still at 193! I'm really at a lost I haven't lost anymore weight I have been steady toggling between 189-194 I can't get out of this slump and my surgery anniversary is fast approaching! I'm not sure if this count as slow are just stopped?

I had my revision six weeks ago. I hit a stall around week 4 for two weeks. I lost 3 lbs this last week putting me at 30lbs lost so far. Stick to Protein, don't graze, and get your Water in. The scale will move.

I had the revision in August 2013 and lost 30lbs pretty quickly but the weight loss has stopped all together and it's frustrating. I lost 135lbs from the band and got pregnant gained some weight and I'm still 60lbs from where I want to be but the weight isn't moving! I thought this was just me the sleeve is a much slower way for me to lose weight but I know much safer way since I had a lot of vomitting with the band.

I'm not eating bad foods, I exercise reguarly and the weight isnt' going anywhere....

@@shay5413 I haven't heard that our metabolism is different from someone who wasn't banded. Why would that be?

Hi Tazwella,

I was banded for almost 14 yrs and went straight to sleeve surgery. I have heard from my dr, nutritionist, as well as other patients that our bodies will not lose weight as fast as someone who have had only one surgery. I assume it is because our metabolism has already slowed down from our first surgery, because we were already putting less calories into it. Hope that helps

I went from band to sleeve on 4/27/15. I too hit a stall that lasted weeks but finally broke. My bf had sleeve same day as me and hadn't had band...she is losing faster. Even during my long stall my clothes were loosening so I tried not to be doscouraged. Protein and Water going in this body and slow is better than nothing! Band was my friend but I don't miss puking!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches