Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 4 and concerned

Hi all Glad to be in this post op group, But I have a concern and wondering if I this is normal. I have not lost a lb in the past week and I can only eat 3 teaspoons of food at a meal. Protein Shakes and Water . I have only lost 33lbs in the first 3 weeks and nothing in week 4? is this normal or is there something wrong here ? please very concerned about this

Everyone goes through a stall at one point. It'll be ok. Your body just has to adjust to the changes. Great job losing so much in the first 3 wks PO

Cause I am eating all the right things I went through a lot to get this far because I used to be 448 lbs but I had lost 88lbs before surgery. So I have the healthy mind set already. I cannot walk a lot like they7 want me to because I have a knee that has to be replaced here in a week or 2

Hi Mooseknuckle....this is very normal....happens to all of us. Just keep doing all the things you are doing and the weight will come off. And once you heal from your knee operation, it will just get better. And 33 lbs in 3 weeks is awesome! When was the last time that happened? That means you have lost 34 lbs in a month! The weight of a small child.....your body is going through a lot of changes, it just needs to time to adjust!

Thank you that helps me feel better

This is so normal that I didn't even have to open your post to know what it said. Anything titled remotely close to "week 4 and concerned" is going to say something like "I lost a lot of weight in the first couple of weeks and haven't lost anything since. What am I doing wrong?"

Seriously, do a search on this forum for "three week stall" or "week 3 stall" and you'll see multiple posts about it almost every single day. The best thing you can do is stay off the scale for a few weeks and keep following your plan. As the others have said, your weight loss will start up again and everything will be fine, but jumping on the scale frequently won't make it happen any faster! Rest easy in knowing that you are perfectly normal and doing everything right ^_^

Hi all Glad to be in this post op group, But I have a concern and wondering if I this is normal. I have not lost a lb in the past week and I can only eat 3 teaspoons of food at a meal. Protein shakes and Water . I have only lost 33lbs in the first 3 weeks and nothing in week 4? is this normal or is there something wrong here ? please very concerned about this

You probably still have alot of swelling. I, too, found it difficult to consume much. It took me 18 months of ONLY Protein (no veggies or anything else) until I could reach my daily protein goal. My NUT told me teeny bites and that chewing extra thoroughly helps. Sounds like you are doing a great job! And the word 'only' should not be before 33 lbs in 3 weeks, that is AWESOME! As far as the stall, it happens to everyone, you may still find that you are losing inches/size.

Congrats on your progress, so far!

There is a cool app I found called GET2GOAL. You plug in your surgery date and your weight and it shows you if you are on track, above expected or if you need to get with the program so to speak wiTh subsequent daily weights following surgery. I have my surgery this coming Tues 6.23.15. That app has got to quell that inner thought of "am I on track since surgery?"

Edited by weasyssis

I believe i am doing everything all ok except i do find myself not getting enough Protein. I have lost 43 lbs now and Monday is my week 6 surgaversarry. And on Tuesday the 23rd they are doing a total knee replacement. Doctor said my knee was too bad to do anymore injections. So i should have a bionic knee afterwards lol not really but i have to keep a positive attitude. I went out to lunch with my wife today and i ate 3 teaspoons of Soup and a baby sized bite of her fish and i was so satisfied and full . I look at all the food on her plate and i say wow that is alot of food. So my mind is set in the right gear lol

Not too well . I have to force myself to eat. No energy . In alot of pain because of my surgery to my knee. Not getting my liquids in can't seam to force down enough Protein shakes.very week I want to sleep all the time. I have lost 60 lbs from my surgeversarry though

@@Mooseknuckle - Hang in there! You might want to get a shot glass and drink a shot of Protein every 15 minutes or so. Then when you get one down switch to Water and do the same in between your shakes. That's what the surgery center told us to do and it really helped me get it down those first few days. I know your much farther out than that but it might help you get some in. The Protein you take in will help your body heal faster.

Good luck!

Have you tried something like this? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Six-Star-Pro-Nutrition-Professional-Strength-Berry-Blast-Protein-Energy-Shot-2.5-oz/16627563

Just watch the carbs on some of them, aim for a 3:1 protein: carb ratio on any shakes & supplements.

These shots are very concentrated Protein, which, like @@Licia'sjourney mentioned, will help with healing. If they are too sweet for you, dilute with Water and sip throughout the day. It will help with your energy also. Upping your liquids will help too, try sugar free Jell-o or popsicles.

I hope you feel better soon.

@Mooseknuckle When did you get your knee replacement? This is a much, much more difficult surgery than our sleeves were. I had my knee replaced 13 years ago. I now play tennis on it 3 times a week. You have a doubly tough recovery period ahead of you. You do need to get your Protein and liquids but you also need to stay on top of your PT. I am sure you are walking by now and flexing (what a b***h) to get an optimum outcome. My surgeon said "it is really just a carpentry project". Don't let anyone molly coddle you. The more you push yourself with your DR and PT's recommendation the stronger and better the outcome. In a few more weeks you really will feel like a new person.

Thank you . You hit that right on the nose on rehab on the knee it just makes it tough when you feel like sleeping all the time but I am getting back into the swing of both rehabs at the same time. I do understand the rehab on the knee I am looking forward to the mobile side of things . They said 9 weeks minimum to go back to work but I don't see that for my job I work in the oilfield and it is tough so I want to be 100%. And I will be