Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have a June bypass date in Iowa?

Mine is June 15th at Mercy West Lakes in West Des Moines.

I'm in Iowa, but I had my surgery back in October. So I'm about 7 months out.

Just wanted to wish you luck!!

I'm in Iowa, but I had my surgery back in October. So I'm about 7 months out.

Just wanted to wish you luck!!

Thanks if you have any questions or if I have any can we compare notes?

Sorry...just saw this message now. Yes, we sure can compare notes! Your surgery is Monday right? Good luck!!!

It's ok I don't always get to my messages right away either. After tomorrow should have a lot more time to check messages and so no work for a while Yeah!!! Just get to concentrate on ME...

We just got back from Hawaii last Tuesday and I'm still not back in the work mode! Not only did I hit my personal goal of 160 while on vacation, I got engaged!

Definitely take this time to focus on YOU! And remember, you might have some days where you think "what the neck have I done?!" But I promise it'll be worth it!

Sending positive healing vibes to you!!!

Amylynns,

Congratulations on your engagement!!! How exciting for you also, congrats on hitting your goal!!! Weigh to go!!! I agree it's go time, now time to focus on me. Just wished I was a little more patient with myself, I see how well my wife has done with her sleeve and just wished I could skip over the beginning part of my surgery. But if was easy and painless I probably wouldn't feel as invested in my future. I know it'll be worth it just need to find some patience to get through the first part of my recovery. Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to me. Brian

Thank you!!!

You had your surgery, didn't you? How are you doing?? What's your post-op diet like? I know different Dr.'s have different diets, etc. I had 2 weeks of all Clear liquids before and 2 weeks of Clear Liquids after. Then on to other liquids for 2 more weeks. Then mushie foods, etc. Not that I felt like eating afterwards anyway....

Hope all went well and you're feeling alright.

Don't be hard on yourself! Take daily baby steps! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how quickly the weight drops after gastric bypass. I'm in awe of how much I've lost in 8 months. The 5-6 months of hell (for me) after surgery were so worth it. The most important thing that was stressed to me after surgery was, Get in your Protein and your liquids. It's SOOO hard to even sip, sip, sip liquids, but do the best you can. I had a lot of tearful days, didn't realize how hard it would be to just drink even. My poor little 9 yr old daughter would just hug me and cry with me. It was hard on her. She's happy we're through that stage too! (I'm not saying you'll have these same issues though--I think it's different for everyone)

So your wife had the sleeve done? How long ago? That's great she's done so well! I have a good friend who had it done about 5 years ago. She lost just about 100 pounds. This last year, she's gained back about 15. But I think she looks better at this weight than she did at her lowest.

Better get some work done! Hope you're doing well!

Yes, I had my surgery Monday. Getting around ok pretty sore but after looking at my pain meds we figured out I was using the wrong measuring cup. In turn not taking to little hydrocodone hence the extra pain. Got that straightened out feel lots better now. I hate it when I put myself through more pain than need be but being 47 years old you'd think I would be used to it. I have always seemed to learn the hard way. Oh well better to catch it on my first day home rather than later find out. Thanks for asking. Brian

Thank you!!!

You had your surgery, didn't you? How are you doing?? What's your post-op diet like? I know different Dr.'s have different diets, etc. I had 2 weeks of all clear liquids before and 2 weeks of clear liquids after. Then on to other liquids for 2 more weeks. Then mushie foods, etc. Not that I felt like eating afterwards anyway....

Hope all went well and you're feeling alright.

Don't be hard on yourself! Take daily baby steps! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how quickly the weight drops after gastric bypass. I'm in awe of how much I've lost in 8 months. The 5-6 months of hell (for me) after surgery were so worth it. The most important thing that was stressed to me after surgery was, Get in your Protein and your liquids. It's SOOO hard to even sip, sip, sip liquids, but do the best you can. I had a lot of tearful days, didn't realize how hard it would be to just drink even. My poor little 9 yr old daughter would just hug me and cry with me. It was hard on her. She's happy we're through that stage too! (I'm not saying you'll have these same issues though--I think it's different for everyone)

So your wife had the sleeve done? How long ago? That's great she's done so well! I have a good friend who had it done about 5 years ago. She lost just about 100 pounds. This last year, she's gained back about 15. But I think she looks better at this weight than she did at her lowest.

Better get some work done! Hope you're doing well!

Amylynn,

She is almost post op a year she had her sleeve on July 2 2014 and she has been my inspiration for my decision to have the surgery. She took the whole week off to help me get through the first week or so. She has lost 115lbs in a years time frame with the greatest majority of weight loss in the first 6 months. I'll be on clear liquids for week 1 and can advance to just liquid diet after my drain is taken out on Monday. Thanks again for asking... Brian

Oh goodness, glad you got the measuring cup mishap figured out!

I had to go to just Tylenol when I got home from the hospital. Anything else I tried made me nauseous. It didn't do a "great" job of pain relief, which is one of the reasons I was in tears most days. But I also got dehydrated twice, which they say increases pain.

Glad you're home and recovering!

Your wife has done awesome!! That's super! So glad you have a great support system, that helps so much with recovery.

Take care!

Amylynn,

How are you doing? Everything going well for you? Brian

@Brian88ss--Doing well here! I haven't lost any weight since we got back from Hawaii on June 9th though. Kind of bummed, but then again---I hit "my goal" of 160.( actually back and forth between 158/159 now) So I'm alright being at this weight, but would like to lose 5-10 more as a nice cushion, LOL.

I haven't been working out as much as I'd like to lately. It's just been a super busy time for us and I need to remember to make ME TIME a priority!

How are you doing with your recovery??? Hopefully everything is going well!!

I'm doing good. I'm now just over the two week mark post op and have lost 42lbs! Yeah me! I'm getting better at knowing how much to eat so I don't get the overfull feeling or the "stuck". Feeling. So I guess I'm gonna live and feel very good. Thanks for asking. Don't worry you'll get those last few pounds I know you can do it!!!

That is awesome!! Good for you! It will be an on going learning process figuring out what foods B-) you'll tolerate. I'm still learning! Yes, you will live and feel amazing!!!

I went and bought new pants again tonight. Down another size. Could have bought the next size smaller even, but they were a bit more snug than I was comfortable in. So much fun buying clothes now! So even though the scale hasn't been moving I'm still shrinking so I'll take that!