Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a cheap date! NSV

We went to eat at a really nice restaurant yesterday. I ordered an appetizer as my meal, 3 bacon wrapped grilled shrimp, and I was only able to eat 2 of them! I have noticed when we go out to eat that the bill is literally less than half the price we normally spend... I have become a cheap date, lol! We used to split an appetizer, order 2 meals, and have a glass of wine. This "half-price bill" is a nice little bonus of my new way of eating!

Also surprised when I logged my shrimp in, and found that it was only 85 calories and 6g Protein. I was worried about the bacon calories/fat, but really didn't even have to adjust my dinner to keep my goals good.

Same here. I usually order a app for my dinner...and I sometimes can't finish that. At Flemings a few nights ago...I couldn't even finish my lobster tail...so my husband did. He has put weight on :( since my sleeve. I need to stop putting my food on his plate.

@Sanstan My husband has actually lost 10 lbs LOL! We tend to cook a lot of fish and chicken for dinner now, with a green or non-starch veggie. He is and always has been pretty fit, but I guess the healthier eating is good for him too! He still gets some of my leftovers too though, in fact he got my 3rd shrimp : )

Love it..so true. I continue to go out and eat. I Order what I want and usually only eat a few bites and then I take it home. Usually don't eat it again. So end up throwing it out. I just say to myself. I would be eating out if I had not had the sleeve and spending the same money.

I do have one friend when we go out for lunch we have learned to share a plate. That is vey cheap.

Half the bill and half the gal (you will eventually be) >>> your SO should be very happy with these gifts you have bestowed upon him :)

-RC-

We went out for Mexican food the other night. I ordered a side of black Beans and could not finish the whole thing of Beans and it was a small bowl.

Our grocery bill has gone down tremendously since my surgery. I barely spend $250 a month now (it's just my husband and I).

My refrigerator is a graveyard of leftover meals. Every weekend my husband and I go out for dinner. We are both sleeved! We order no carb and high Protein meals! Over the last eight months we have had leftovers every time. This has been a new experience for us. Sometimes we even split a meal. I can't bear to clean out the refrigerator and waste food. Therefore, it has become my husband's job to discard our take-home boxes! Getting skinny is a family affair.

Edited by LadyK44

So here's a question, for those of you who aren't married and are still dating... how do you deal with going on dates and literally only being able to eat 2 shrimp as your meal? What do you tell people? Anyone have any experience with this?

So here's a question, for those of you who aren't married and are still dating... how do you deal with going on dates and literally only being able to eat 2 shrimp as your meal? What do you tell people? Anyone have any experience with this?

I would say I had a late lunch and wasn't very hungry. Then order an appetizer only... or maybe a salad with grilled chicken, and just eat the chicken and pick around at the salad.

@@LisaPunkinHead

Our grocery bill is also much smaller, even though we buy better quality foods now. Gone are the days of cooking 4 chicken breasts or steaks... we used to cook enough for one each, with possible seconds or leftovers. Now we really just cook enough for 2, which still leaves leftovers lol!

One of my big savings has been rarely drinking coffee anymore. Those K-cups are stupidly expensive, and I have gone from 14-21 a week to having a cup maybe once or twice a week.