Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday a very thin friend told me that she thought I had lost too much weight and that she is getting worried. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Although it's true that I don't need to lose any more weight for my health, I am not now as thin as she has always been. Maybe she thinks that because all my remaining fat is concentrated around my middle so my legs are pretty thin. But maybe it's just because I am so dramatically changed that she can't get used to it.

In any case, I won't be gaining weight on purpose unless my doctor advised it. I like the new me, skinny legs notwithstanding.

How tall is she? I mean with all due respect, 112 pounds is thin. You're actually on the low end of BMI before you're considered underweight. But hey, if you feel healthy, your doctor is good with it, and are happy at your weight, that's great. But there's no denying you're thin. Too thin? Not quite yet, but you're close....

And yes, I think the change is so dramatic that it's probably freaking her out a little.

She's about my height and weighs a few pounds less. But she has always been thin. I'm new at being thin and since she has known me for over 20 years, she may take a while to get used to my new body.

I'm hoping to be able to maintain my weight loss for the long term. I know that most people gain a few from their lowest weight and I actually purposely lost below my goal just in case that happened. I'm not overly concerned about how I look. I'm finding that I have better stamina when I exercise than I did 10-15 pounds ago. If I can maintain it, I think this is a good place to be. If I gain as I add calories, I'm going to do what I can to gain the least possible.

She's about my height and weighs a few pounds less. But she has always been thin. I'm new at being thin and since she has known me for over 20 years, she may take a while to get used to my new body.

I'm hoping to be able to maintain my weight loss for the long term. I know that most people gain a few from their lowest weight and I actually purposely lost below my goal just in case that happened. I'm not overly concerned about how I look. I'm finding that I have better stamina when I exercise than I did 10-15 pounds ago. If I can maintain it, I think this is a good place to be. If I gain as I add calories, I'm going to do what I can to gain the least possible.

I'm sure you look and feel amazing. You've done an outstanding job working that sleeve!

And yeah, your weight loss has been so dramatic, I'm sure it's hard for people to get used to. I don't think it's going to happen with me, but when my husband had a RNY 9 years ago, his 6' frame got down to 165lbs. That's ALL he heard was "you're too thin, I'm worried about you".

When he complained to his surgeon about the comments, his surgeon simply said "There are so many overweight and obese people these days, nobody even knows what a normal weight is supposed to look like anymore".

Made sense to me.

@@Babbs, I don't think you should discount the possibility that you might lose more weight than you originally hoped. You seem to be very determined. Even though your weight loss rate may be slower than some others, eventually your body has to release the extra weight, since you are eating less than you burn.

@@IcanMakeit and @@Babbs ... It's a head trip, for sure. I have zero expectations of ever weighing as little as you. But dipping down to 148 after reaching my goal of 150 is freaking me out a little.

Twenty pounds ago if I'd have read a post like that ^^^ I'd have thought STFU! But being in the 140s for me is not totally comfortable. Last night I purposefully ate Pasta (I actually ate an uncomfortable amount) because I don't want to lose anymore.

@@Babbs ... thanks for quoting your husband's doctor: "There are so many overweight and obese people these days, nobody even knows what a normal weight is supposed to look like anymore." Recently, my sister who's gained weight in the last few years expressed concern that when she hugs me she can feel my bones. She didn't say it to be mean, but was just expressing concern. And she definitely can feel my bones. ;)

I look forward to discussing all this with The Shrink later this month.

Yesterday a very thin friend told me that she thought I had lost too much weight and that she is getting worried. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Although it's true that I don't need to lose any more weight for my health, I am not now as thin as she has always been. Maybe she thinks that because all my remaining fat is concentrated around my middle so my legs are pretty thin. But maybe it's just because I am so dramatically changed that she can't get used to it.

In any case, I won't be gaining weight on purpose unless my doctor advised it. I like the new me, skinny legs notwithstanding.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROC THE NEW YOU!!!!!!!!! as long as your Doctor is still an active part of your well-being & you are comfortable...... That's what's important.