Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor has not given me a fill in 3 months. I have some restriction, but the weight is not coming off. I stop eating when I get full . I had my band unfilled last February and it has been downward from there. I'm feeling really defeated with this whole process. Now she wants me to keep a food journal. It's very frustrating.

Why was your band un filled??

Also, when was your surgery....

My band was unfilled due to slippage. I was banded February 29th, 2012. I started out at 262 .....lowest was 175 now back 218 since being unfilled .

If you have some restriction but are not losing, then the issue is with your intake. Your band seems to be doing its job.

People who have slips seem to be more likely to have another (not science, just what I have observed) so you need to take that little bit more care

If you are not losing, you are taking in too many calories. Have you tried keeping a journal to check?

My doctor wants me to start writing my intake down. If I have three meals a day with no snack I should lose something. I'm not sure what I should be living off......if I eat every 4 hours isn't this the threshold for a band doing its job ? I do workout ....been lifting weights since 2013 and I do my cardio. I don't drink soda or juice , and I do drink my Water.

I may just try weight watchers again.......

It is down to what not when or how often. Personally I have always had Snacks. IMO, you do what works for you. I am not a fanatic counter of anything but it worked better for me to have a low cal Breakfast, say 200, then a medium lunch, say 300, then a bigger dinner, say 350. So then, if I needed them. I could have 2 X 100 Snacks or, if I was particularly hungry, one of my snacks could be a small meal.

As I said, I don't really count. But every few weeks I would do a careful check to make sure I was still on track. It always worked out under 1200.

Maybe look at interval training as well as increase Protein and lower carbs you will see the weight fly off.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm feeling much better . I just need to reset my mind and work with my band and not against it.

I feel your pain. I have had the band 13 years this year and had to have an unfill last September because after a routine check after many years of maintaining, my esophagus was double its size and my band was too tight. Doc said an immediate unfill and 3 months to heal was necessary before he would look and refill. So from September 19th to December 19th I gained almost 50lbs! Most was gained in first 2 months. I was watching what I ate and didn't matter. It was a moving freight train. I have had two fills since the unfill. I was unfilled at 2cc. I am now at 1.25cc. I will probably stay here as I feel getting too close to where I was before means too tight. Even with watching my calories, I was gaining or just maintaining. What little I was eating, any "normal" human being would have been losing. It is SOOOOOO easy to eat alot of calories. My maintenance calories are around 2300 for my weight. My weight loss calories is around 1400..if I was "normal". I was counting at less than 1000 calories and still just maintaining! I would really look at your exact calories because it takes so little food but some things can be calorie dense no matter the portion.

I think my body is just confused..I was doing well for years maintaining where I wanted to be with no issues. Then I go and get unfilled and my body just wanted to go back up to where I started! I fought hard and still gained! We are just putting our bodies from one abnormal state to another abnormal state. Normal calorie rules do not seem to apply when it comes to being unfilled and refilled. But I would recommend seriously counting so you know exactly what you are putting in your body. You may THINK it is say 1200 calories but may be 2000! I hate diaries, but I did myfitnesspal and just did a few days to see and was surprised how much I was undercounting!

I THINK my body is finally at that place where the moving freight train has come to a complete stop and is ready to reverse course. I have managed to drop a few lbs and keep it off with doing a few days of Meal Replacement shakes and a little bit of food keeping my intake below 1000. Hoping for a turnaround.

Wish you the best of luck too!!