Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 weeks... the 100 day mark in sight..the 3 mo. checkup...52 lbs gone..invincable!

Reaching the 100 day mark later this week as well as 14 weeks/3 months post op. How do I feel? Amazing.....really more than amazing, what have I learned so far

If you have seen my other posts every week is a different thing I am learning.... I know now that I can eat at restaurants, go on a cruise and lose 3 pounds, and so much more

I have been very lucky... no complications, or discomforts since my Jan 20th surgery date. I have however stuck religiously to the food plan, have had NO alcohol at all either. Amazingly I have been eating well enough that supplement shakes have not been needed....my secret? cottage cheese! It is packed with so much Protein that (2) 1/2 cup servings of fat free cottage cheese will give you 30g of Protein (well on your way to the 60-80 needed every day.)

The three month checkup.

I did really well! My bloodwork came back all in range including my Calcium, levels of D etc. Actually my B 12 was very high. I have been drinking enhanced H20 Vitamin waters (Adirondack) that have b-12 included in them and along with my supplement daily ....I can now skip the b-12 twice a week.

total weight loss since surgery 52 lbs total weight loss since beginning the program 60 lbs

Clothing before-> 40 waist XXL shirt now-> 36 waist L shirt.

I have been eating just about anything I want. Staying away from fried foods, Pasta, and the like. Haven't had any foods disagree with me yet.

just started an occasional 1/2 sandwich....with no problems.

Learning that at restaurants... I have to immediately decide what I am eating on my plate and what is going home for later. It really helps keep my portion in focus. If not It can lead to picking at the food a little here and there until I might get sick. I also encourage others to try some of my food....

100 days later and I feel 10 years younger!

So great to read! Thank you for posting!

I am 46 days out and down 40lbs. I am just learning how to go out to restaurants. Some things are disappointing, but not as much as I thought they would be. I, too, am motivated by the progress and honestly, there is good good out there that you can feel good about eating! Its more expensive, but we eat such small portions the food goes farther.

I haven't had any complications either. I have been able to handle all the new things I've introduced. So I have to be sure to not get carried away!

I have become such an advocate for this.

I know I couldnt have made these changes without this surgery.

B 12 was 1221. I was told to take it 2 less days a week if I wanted to continue drinking the enhanced waters (which is one of my treats seeing I cannot have carbonated beverages).

jjmcrash218 and others who like to eat out:

I eat out a lot. I just don't have time to cook with a long work day, going to the gym and the barn. I also travel for business. My doctor gave me a card indicating that I had WLS and please let me order off the children/senior/lunch menu. I have been pleasantly surprised that most chains have healthy selections on the kids menu. It isn't all mac & cheese or chicken fingers.

TGIF- has grilled chicken skewers on the kids menu . I skip the pita. You can get either raw carrots or cooked broccoli as a side. (They have a full adult chicken skewers if you want left overs)/ They have an ahi tuna appetizer or a taco appetizer that is a nice size I just skip the tortilla and add a side of broccoli or salad.

Longhorn has a grilled chicken or a children's sirloin. At Longhorn they have a Raspberry Vinegrette chicken on their light menu- that is 2 meals for me. It comes with green Beans or broccoli.

Applebees has two grilled chicken selections on the kids menu.

Chili's has a 6 oz sirloin with avocado and a side alfresco salad with a lime vinegrette. This is 2 meals for me.

Chick Fil A has grilled chicken nuggets on the kids menu. I get the no sugar added applesauce or fresh fruit. For a drink I get the diet lemonade.

Outback has a great ahi-tuna appetizer I get as my meal. There is a small or full portion. I love sushi so this is great.

If you are willing to order off the children's menu it is a cheap meal and much harder to overeat. appetizers can be harder since they tend to be fried.

Congrats on your weight loss so far. My 3 month appointment is tomorrow. It is my first set of blood results.

I'm 4 months and and 87 lbs down (Jan 8 surgery). Glad to see some of the restaurant suggestions here. Eating out certainly presents some new challenges. "What would you like to drink" "Umm... nothing I can't drink when I eat"

I've been sticking to pure Protein (chicken and fish when I go out) and Soups when I come across something good. The most surprising thing for me is I really have no desire for any bread, potato or Pasta. Carbs were huge for me before surgery and not so much now. Curious how everyone does with tracking Water and Protein intake for the day?

Just order a Water when you go out.

No awkwardness or repeatedly being asked if you are sure you don't want a drink.

I travel alot and am learning quick. Check out restaurant menu ahead of time and decide your order. As Woo woo said, divide immediately. I do take some Protein supplements with me just in case. Order appetizer and tell them you want it served with Entrees. Pack Protein Bars for the plane so you aren't stuck with crackers. Good luck everyone! Off to NYC!