Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its hear, Surgery at 9:30 (OMG)

Hi everyone,

I am having the sleeve surgery tomorrow and my old band taken out.

I am praying that weight loss surgery will work for me this time.

I wish I could do it on my own but looking back I realize all I do is struggle with my weight.

I really need some help. I hope its all that I think it will be.

If you have a moment to share your success stories with me I would love to hear from you.

I am so anxious .I am not sure I will be able to sleep tonight. I feel very racy and loss of concentration. :unsure:

So What are you eating? How are you feeling? Are you so happy you did it?

How was your recovery? DO you really not feel as hungry?

My biggest fear is I will have the surgery and I will be starving and not be able to eat because of the size of my stomach.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you all so much reading your post have given me courage that I need to go threw with it. :)

@@pampam12 I slept like a baby the night before, but I really never worried. I had my surgery last Thursday. My surgery was originally scheduled for 11am. But I was bumped up to 10am. So, I got there at 8:30am, and I barely had my clothes off and into a gown, with my IV before they said...we're bumping you up again, because we can;t get IV's in two ladies. So I was whisked away to the OR, and all I remember is waking up in recovery. My pain level never got above a 6, but I had a pain pump to manage my pain. The only place that hurt was where the drain was (the tube goes across your diaphragm) and the site where the stomach was removed. I walked 1 hour after being moved to my room, and I got up to walk every 2 hours. I went home the next day at 8am. I have been following the diet religiously, and walking on the treadmill 20 minutes a day since coming home. Attitude is everything. Go in tomorrow morning READY for your life to change and your health to improve. I feel better already. Wishing you all the best, and a speedy and painfree recovery.

Editing: I forgot to add...I don't feel hunger. I can't tell if I'm full. I just follow the suggested amounts (2 tablespoons) and no more, to be sure I don;t overeat and get sick. Have not been sick at all.

Very exciting time!

Hi! I'm Charity. I am 46 days post op and down 40lbs. I know I could not have lost the amount I need to get back to real health. And this process has taught me why that was. Its not just about will power. There are many things going on between the mind and body. This surgery is a tool and if you embrace the changes long term your life will be changed forever!

This has been the best thing I could've done for myself. I've extended my life. And I know my weight was about to start killing me. This has forced the changes that would have been just about impossible for me to do on will power alone. And the changes made will last SO MUCH longer than some fad diet!

Each day after surgery feels better and better. I never realized how bad I felt on daily basis. Now, I have energy every day and continue to learn about how to eat to live instead of live to eat. You won't miss things as much as you think you will! There will be some disappointing times when you cant have everything you want, but its worth it! And soon enough You will learn how to eat what you want safely and in healthful ways!

This surgery works on so many levels. I'm a big advocate for Sleeve.

Thank you for the positive words! I really appreciate it.

I will be joining you in the sleeved van club.

I wish you the best

I had surgery 3-26-15 and I am 4 weeks out and 35 pounds gone! I don't feel any different? The only thing is now when I eat (just started eating) I feel some tightening in my stomach when I am full? I think that's what that means! But it has been a wonderful journey! No complaints at all!