Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am always sick

I am 2.5 weeks post op and can't hold anything down. I rushed it a bit and tried to eat a scrambled egg which stayed down OK but since then, nothing stays down. So tired of vomiting!

Call your surgeons office and let them know how you are progressing. Are you on full liquids or purees? How much and/or what is making you vomit?

All purees make me vomit. This morning I decided to go back to liquid for a day or two to see if maybe it would help. I will call my surgeon tomorrow morning.

Call your surgeon.....and please do not skip ahead of your eating plan, your staple line needs to heal. I was "eating" only thinned out cream of wheat, creamed Soups and protien drinks at 2.5 weeks.

Thank you... I am done pushing it for sure. There is so much conflicting info out there but you're right. I will stick to what my surgeon said.

You have now learned a very rough lesson. Your tummy needs that time to heal. You must stick with the plan or risk complications that you most definitely do not want.

Constipation is an issue for many. I used Miralax mixed in tea a few times a week until I was able to eat fruits and veggies. I still use it occasionally.

@@sboston34, definitely call your doctor! You are the customer!! Tell him what is going on. He should be able to give you anti-nausea medicine and give you food suggestions. Hang in there!

I went back to liquids for a couple of weeks after purees made me sick. I use sodium docusate (Colace) daily to avoid Constipation, and step it up to half a cap of Miralax for a week if I notice it's starting to happen anyway.

Make sure you're getting enough Fluid.

Is it nausea? The sweetness of the shakes? The texture of the purees? Are you eating too fast? How many weeks post op are you?

As for Constipation, it is fairly common. In addition to colace, miralx, prune juice, etc.... It really helps to get in ALL your Water. How are you on getting in your fluids?

Yes good communication with your nutritionist is key. Always check with them before advancing prematurely.

I drink about 5 or 6 glasses of Water a day but I had gone to soft food instead of purees which I am sure was the problem. I had read on another site that scrambled eggs were ok at the stage... 2.5 weeks post op but shortly after that is when the vomiting and Constipation started. I am back to Protein Shakes and water until I feel stronger and more regular. The pain in my ribs from vomiting so much is a great reminder to be gentle with myself and follow doctors orders.

I understand now. There are many different protocols and people progress at many different rates. ALWAYS follow the protocol of your doctor. eggs are one of those foods that either work or don't work. Some people can do them easily and others can't have them until many weeks, even months down the road.