Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone my name is Kiasha I am 25, happily married for 3 years, and planning to have an RNY done as soon as possible. Its a decision I have thought long and hard about for 3 years. I tried losing weight on my own and it just isn't working. I have PCOS, Papilledema, and Pseudotumor cerebri all which I have been repeatedly told would get better with weight loss. I am ready to make a permanent change in my life. I am hoping the surgery will make it possible for me to have a baby and most of all just be healthy.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and providing/receiving as much support as possible.

Reading your post reminds me of me! I had the gastric bypass this morning. I chosen to do so for my kids and the fact that I too have PCOS and Pseudo Tumor Cerebri which came about when I was pregnant. I also get ridiculous migraines... I'm praying and have prayed that these symptoms will all subside as I continue this process. I was ensured that going thru a wt loss program and selecting one of the surgeries I would then not need to be concerned with the above listed symptoms that in most cases they go away.

Do you know when your scheduled?

I hope to hear from you.

GB and good night.

@@KalelsWifey, i too suffer from horrible Migraines and have been using a drug called Dihydroergotomine. (dHE). About 4 years ago I went to a neurologist that specializes in Migraine. She is a migraine sufferer herself and I have learned a lot from her.

I have not been to an ER since I met her because she provided me with the right medications so that I could treat them quickly at home. I take one dose of Propanalol each evening. A very low dose. This is used as a preventative.

Then when I feel a migraine coming on, I give myself an injection of DHE in the leg. 98 percent of the time the headache subsides completely within 30 minutes and I feel perfectly normal.

Every once in a while I get a super severe migraine where the DHE does not work right away and then I have a rescue shot called Toridol which makes my super migraine disappear completely.

I will say since having my RNY completed my headaches have gone from daily to maybe once a week on average. Some weeks I get none, others I will get two. We did try stopping the Propanalol but my headaches came back daily so we just use that one dose in the evening. We did stop Topomax after surgery. I don't think that medication did anything for me.

I have learned that migraines are genetic and usually the only thing that resolves them for women are to go through menopause. Even then, they may not resolve. I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones who does resolve as I am going through menopause now.

My poor son and granddaughter (she is 10) both get severe migraines as well. Hopefully they will get them under control now because migraine is actually damaging. I have developed arthritis in my jaw from clenching due to the pain. Once that happens there is nothing much that can be done.

I wish you all the best with your recovery and hope your headaches get better.

Reading your post reminds me of me! I had the gastric bypass this morning. I chosen to do so for my kids and the fact that I too have PCOS and Pseudo Tumor Cerebri which came about when I was pregnant. I also get ridiculous migraines... I'm praying and have prayed that these symptoms will all subside as I continue this process. I was ensured that going thru a wt loss program and selecting one of the surgeries I would then not need to be concerned with the above listed symptoms that in most cases they go away.

Do you know when your scheduled?

I hope to hear from you.

GB and good night.

Congratulations on getting your surgery done!!! How are you feeling?

I do not have my date I am going through this major fight with my insurance. I have bariatric benefit but there are no in network surgeons in my state go figure lol...I am hoping to hear from them next week.

@@KalelsWifey, i too suffer from horrible Migraines and have been using a drug called Dihydroergotomine. (dHE). About 4 years ago I went to a neurologist that specializes in Migraine. She is a migraine sufferer herself and I have learned a lot from her.

I have not been to an ER since I met her because she provided me with the right medications so that I could treat them quickly at home. I take one dose of Propanalol each evening. A very low dose. This is used as a preventative.

Then when I feel a migraine coming on, I give myself an injection of DHE in the leg. 98 percent of the time the headache subsides completely within 30 minutes and I feel perfectly normal.

Every once in a while I get a super severe migraine where the DHE does not work right away and then I have a rescue shot called Toridol which makes my super migraine disappear completely.

I will say since having my RNY completed my headaches have gone from daily to maybe once a week on average. Some weeks I get none, others I will get two. We did try stopping the Propanalol but my headaches came back daily so we just use that one dose in the evening. We did stop Topomax after surgery. I don't think that medication did anything for me.

I have learned that migraines are genetic and usually the only thing that resolves them for women are to go through menopause. Even then, they may not resolve. I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones who does resolve as I am going through menopause now.

My poor son and granddaughter (she is 10) both get severe migraines as well. Hopefully they will get them under control now because migraine is actually damaging. I have developed arthritis in my jaw from clenching due to the pain. Once that happens there is nothing much that can be done.

I wish you all the best with your recovery and hope your headaches get better.

i hope your headaches subside but it is definitely awesome they have declined. I have seen several doctors but none of them have given me any medicine even with all my issues they always tell me I am so young just lose weight.

@@kikilay17 CONGRATS AND WELCOME!!! I am also 25 years old, from CT, scheduled for Gastric Bypass next Wednesday, April 29! I'm ready to finally take control of my life and stop my weight from holding me back. I am getting married next year, and like you said, want to be healthy to have children and start a family. Most of all, I just want to live a long and happy life. I wish you luck in everything and hope you get approved soon! Let's keep in touch :)

HELLO!! And welcome ???? my name is Pauline and I'm 24 years old. I'm also happily married and had gastric bypass on March 23rd! Im all ears if you ever need to talk or vent on here

@@kikilay17 CONGRATS AND WELCOME!!! I am also 25 years old, from CT, scheduled for Gastric Bypass next Wednesday, April 29! I'm ready to finally take control of my life and stop my weight from holding me back. I am getting married next year, and like you said, want to be healthy to have children and start a family. Most of all, I just want to live a long and happy life. I wish you luck in everything and hope you get approved soon! Let's keep in touch :)

Hey Kasey we should def keep in touch. CONGRATS ON YOUR SURGERY DATE!!! That has to be super exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. I am currently fighting with my insurance but it looks like its going to go my way. You have to let me know how your surgery goes

Hello Kiasha,

You replied to my "First Consult" post but I thought Id pop in here and say hello. I am 24 and from North Idaho/Eastern Washington area. That is very unfortunate to not have any "in network" doctors in your area, hopefully you can find a fix! Look forward to hearing everyone's success, well wishes to those who just had surgery or are due to have surgery soon.

Hello Kiasha,

You replied to my "First Consult" post but I thought Id pop in here and say hello. I am 24 and from North Idaho/Eastern Washington area. That is very unfortunate to not have any "in network" doctors in your area, hopefully you can find a fix! Look forward to hearing everyone's success, well wishes to those who just had surgery or are due to have surgery soon.

Thanks for the reply. It is kind of nuts because they do not have any in network in my state and it is local insurance lol. My Dr. told me that they have never approved anyone. However, i called and talk to everyone and got my case sent to the clinical director. Then they reached out to my Dr office. My Dr. said that is a first so fingers crossed I get approved so i can really get the ball rolling. Totally do not want to end up up paying out of pocket.

Edited by kikilay17