Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2015 Sleeve Accountability Group

1. meal plans

2. How we did with our Daily meal plan

3. Weekly Weigh In

4. Recipe Exchange

5. Our General WLS things

WHOSE IS WITH ME?? :D :D I need to be held accountable to those going through the same things as I am. This is for anyone!!!

Meal planning is still a work in progress for me. I only seem to be able to get either my liquid or my Protein in each day.

Had a bit of a weight loss stall but am down 27lbs since surgery so I'm not complaining

Meal planning is still a work in progress for me. I only seem to be able to get either my liquid or my Protein in each day.

Had a bit of a weight loss stall but am down 27lbs since surgery so I'm not complaining

How far along are you?

I'm 20 days Post-op and I still can't drink more than 22oz of Water a day.

Hey CrissyBat. I'm a April 1st sleever too. I can do 40 to 50 Oz of liquids on work days that includes a coffee with Protein powder added. I'm terrible with liquids at home.

I'm having a hard time balancing times I can drink with meal times. I'm still kind of grazing. Tried some chili the other day, no bueno. I'm still trying to get the hang of this.

How is everyone else doing?

No problem with liquids, but am only getting in 30-40g Protein per day. I have just bought some unflavored protein to add to my food so hopefully it will help. I am only eating one meal a day and can only eat a few bites before I'm full.Thank goodness I'm getting my Vitamins and supplements in! At 3 weeks post Op I am down 12 lbs and one dress size.

SW:180

CW:168

GW:125

Hey CrissyBat. I'm a April 1st sleever too. I can do 40 to 50 Oz of liquids on work days that includes a coffee with Protein powder added. I'm terrible with liquids at home.

I'm having a hard time balancing times I can drink with meal times. I'm still kind of grazing. Tried some chili the other day, no bueno. I'm still trying to get the hang of this.

How is everyone else doing?

1st WELCOME @@pictureitall

2nd Thanks for checking this thread out.

I can only get about 22oz of Water per day. Anything more makes me nauseous. I really do miss more Water. I do try to have a Protein shake a day. But that's all my liquids. And since surgery I haven't had any type of soda or coffee. I definitely drank both daily. So right now I keep telling myself I will treat myself to one of them when I get below 200 lbs. :-)

This week I actually started to feel hungry which worried me alot. I was able to eat a whole packet of Cream of Wheat without any problems. But I don't want to do that again. I'm scared about stretching my pouch and that a MAIN reason I started this thread. When I was able to get track with others who had surgery on the 1st, I never seemed hungry. Now it seems my stomach is talking to my backbone. So let's make this WLS work for us!!!

No problem with liquids, but am only getting in 30-40g Protein per day. I have just bought some unflavored Protein to add to my food so hopefully it will help. I am only eating one meal a day and can only eat a few bites before I'm full.Thank goodness I'm getting my Vitamins and supplements in! At 3 weeks post Op I am down 12 lbs and one dress size.

SW:180

CW:168

GW:125

@ brandnewme!! There's my GIRL!!

Welcome!!! I'm glad you came over to the Dark side! HA! A little Star Wars Humor!

Great work on the liquids. I don't get that much. Is this all Water or a mix of different things? I'm about at the same level on protein.

Now as far as eating, I think I'm eating too much. I'm scared. So I'm trying to retrain my stomach and brain again. I think b/c I haven't had a follow up with my Dr yet, I'm just winging it and messing up. So that's why I need yall.

Today's Meal Plan:

B Premier shake

L Greek Yogurt with a little Wheat Germ

D 2.5oz Crab meat

20oz Water

Added 8oz more Water. Whoopee!

SW: 243

CW: 227

GW: 165

Edited by CrissyBat

I get pretty full after 2 bites of food. Like uncomfortable, painfully full. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm afraid I don't know how to eat right for this size stomach & it's really frustrating!

I'm with you. I will be sleeved on Saturday. I have created a daily checklist for myself to remind me what I need to do as in drink x amount eat x amount of Protein. Going to see how I go with that and try and do a menu plan daily.

I get pretty full after 2 bites of food. Like uncomfortable, painfully full. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm afraid I don't know how to eat right for this size stomach & it's really frustrating!

@@brandnewme2015

I could only wish I felt that way. I wish I knew the size of my pouch. I wish they would an x-ray or something and show me. I hope it gets better for you.

Today's meal plan

B Premier shake

L Pinto Beans

D chicken salad

20oz Water

I think today I could of done better, especially getting in at least 5 meals. But I was so busy at work, I didn't know if I was coming or going.

Ooh and on a weird note. My last glue binding over my incision came off today. I'm pretty excited about that.

Who had staples and who had glue?

How's everyone feeling today?

Edited by CrissyBat

I had glue too, and I lost the last bit a few days ago. I still have sticky stuff from where my bandage was (for my drain) & it is tough to get off! I'm impressed with your meal plan @crissybat. If I don't get more calories in, I'm sure to stall. I see my surgeon next week and will talk to him about my concerns. Yesterday all I could stomach was. 1/4 cup of Soup, and 3 Protein Shakes ????

Ladies!

Let me tell you!!! Today I'm off so I decided to make a smoothie. I figured it was going to be alot but i could sip throughout the morning. So my smoothie included:

8 oz Almond Milk

1 scoop Unflavored Protein powder

1 banana

4 Strawberries

After 3 sips, I felt fullness!! Ooh I like!!! I walked away did some chores and came back and sipped again. FULLNESS!!!

So about an hour and half later it was time for food, so I measured out 1/4 c. chicken salad. With my 1st Baby spoon. I still felt the FULLNESS!

OOH I WANT TO KEEP THIS FEELING! IDK if it was the shake or what, but this is what i always want to feel like. Instead of the bottomless pit. So I'm going to continue the shake for a few days and see what happens. :-)

I had glue too, and I lost the last bit a few days ago. I still have sticky stuff from where my bandage was (for my drain) & it is tough to get off! I'm impressed with your meal plan @crissybat. If I don't get more calories in, I'm sure to stall. I see my surgeon next week and will talk to him about my concerns. Yesterday all I could stomach was. 1/4 cup of Soup, and 3 Protein shakes ????

You are the woman getting in 3 Protein Shakes. I can only do 1.

I never even had bandages. This glue stuff was amazing. I never thought to ask about what the Dr. was going to use beforehand.