Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meds for Plastics post Sleeve

Well today is the big day having a Tummy Tuck and breast lift. Wondering how others faired with the pain meds in conjunction with their sleeve. Post op instructions say to decrease Water intake for the first 2 weeks which does concern me a little. Any good suggestions or hints to make the recovery a good and easy one.

What is the reasoning for decreasing Water? I would think, especially with pain meds that can cause Constipation, increasing Water would be better. Also to help flush out the body.

Very curious to hear what the docs reasoning is.

And I had no problems with pain meds in relation to the sleeve.

My plastic surgeon gave me Arnica which helps with pain, bruising and swelling. It is natural and I did not need pain "medication" after surgery. He did have stronger meds, but I only needed Arnica 30C and 30X.

I was given Percocet after surgery and I used them for 3 days, mostly because it keeps you from tensing up and delaying healing. I didn't need them after the third day. There is no reason to decrease your Water intake. The doctor may have suggested that to help minimize swelling, but given that you probably don't drink as much Water as a regular person, there is no medically valid reason to tell a post plastics surgery patient to reduce Fluid intake right after surgery. If anything, drinking more will help you flush the toxins out of your system and help minimize your chances of a UTI, since they use a catheter during that procedure. I naturally drink less immediately after surgery because I feel like crap, and I ended up with a wicked UTI once. Drink your water!

Hope you have a swift and easy recovery!

Since your doctor is the DOCTOR, heed their advice. Lots of people have opinions, but no degree or expertise in the subject at hand. Your doctor has their reasons for their directions, and when we don't follow them, that is where troubles can start, and major complications. I imagine, since they are the experts and have done these surgeries before, they know what they are talking about. Otherwise, we would all be doing our own surgeries and have no need for these people who just happen to know how to save our bloody hides!

please do what canyonbaby says, no one here is a doctor , just because you have had a procedure does not make them somehow an authority on it. If the surgeon says draw circles on your forehead with crayons, then do it.

On a side note , a surgeon who gives out untested food supplements is someone I would stay away from. Considering it could conceivably cost them their license to practice. Doctors are not allowed by FDA to give out supplements in their role as a physician. Many people don't seem to know that. But forearmed is forewarned. Its why doctor oz has to put disclaimers on his websites etc.

Well surgery went well . She said arnica was fine to take along with the Percocet and Advil. She limits Water intake due to keeping down swelling as well as limiting the need to use bathroom so more bed rest. So far doing ok. All bandaged so don't see much. She said she took 4 lbs off my tummy area but otherwise all went well. Next 2 weeks just bed rest for me.

Glad all went well. If the doctor wants you on bed rest, though, make sure they tell you how they want you to prevent blood clots.

I was up walking around within hours, my doc encouraged as much walking as possible to help with swelling and prevent blood clots. Just had to walk like Quasimodo, lol. And was not allowed to lay flat for several weeks.

Just goes to show that there are many different approaches.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly

@@bdcsail I am happy your surgery was successful. 4lbs will make a considerable difference in your appearance. Rest well and. . ,

Happy Healing,

Sweet Pee