Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Man did u have to pay!

So today for some crazy idea I took a tiny piece of watermelon and sucked the juice out of it and I think some piece went down to my stomach ever since I feel like I can't breath until a bit a go and got nausea and had to vomit (tmi sorry) so if it helps anyone that's only 8 days post op don't do it it sucks! ???????? ????

Edited by agalindo17

Btw anyone knows how to edit tittle after u have posted it? On the app

Hello, I haven't had my surgery yet, but thanks for the advice! Hope you feel better soon!

I can't believe nobody told you that after surgery up until the time they give you the okay YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY NOT DEVIATE FROM the list of foods OR liquids they tell you to eat. Every time I had an appointment I also met with a nutritionist who gave me a new list of things to eat/ drink. I cant believe they didn't do that for you. Two weeks after I had mostly liquids yet an some items had to come from their stores. Soup mixes, shake mixes an everything tasted awful. I am at 9 weeks an still on 1/4-1/2 cup servings of soft foods on their list. If you even take a taste of anything else you probably will throw it up even after two hours. An that hurts. So above all follow exactly the diet they give you. If they didn't then ask for one. There aRe foods you will NEVER be able to eat. An one is probably fast food. I can't even eat fruits nor vegetables yet. One serving of food isn't much but it has to be all Protein so we get the 60 grams protein. Then when the time comes, if it ever does, then we might be able to add them. Hopefully. They didn't tell us a LOT of things pro op.

I meant to say post op. I might have thought about surgery a little longer.

I agree with the other poster. Please do not advance so soon. I am 9 months post op and I STILL have issues with grapes and oranges and watermelon.

Even though it's fruit and a juice, my sleeve just doesn't agree. And you just being 9 days and healing I just can't imagine.

Please please don't do that again. Or more than anything .,, remember it again for the next time because it probably will happen again.

Good luck to you and hopefully lesson learned.

I agree with the other poster. Please do not advance so soon. I am 9 months post op and I STILL have issues with grapes and oranges and watermelon.

Even though it's fruit and a juice, my sleeve just doesn't agree. And you just being 9 days and healing I just can't imagine.

Please please don't do that again. Or more than anything .,, remember it again for the next time because it probably will happen again.

Good luck to you and hopefully lesson learned.

Yes I did and thanks for all the great advices ;)

I can't believe nobody told you that after surgery up until the time they give you the okay YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY NOT DEVIATE FROM the list of foods OR liquids they tell you to eat. Every time I had an appointment I also met with a nutritionist who gave me a new list of things to eat/ drink. I cant believe they didn't do that for you. Two weeks after I had mostly liquids yet an some items had to come from their stores. Soup mixes, shake mixes an everything tasted awful. I am at 9 weeks an still on 1/4-1/2 cup servings of soft foods on their list. If you even take a taste of anything else you probably will throw it up even after two hours. An that hurts. So above all follow exactly the diet they give you. If they didn't then ask for one. There aRe foods you will NEVER be able to eat. An one is probably fast food. I can't even eat fruits nor vegetables yet. One serving of food isn't much but it has to be all Protein so we get the 60 grams protein. Then when the time comes, if it ever does, then we might be able to add them. Hopefully. They didn't tell us a LOT of things pro op.

They did it was just crazy me saw the watermelon and it look so good I just wanted the juice and bad idea I know shame on me :/ lol

Lol

I didn't know watermelon is an issue? Is it specifically watermelon? I was told most people with the sleeve don't dump? I've drank like 4 oz apple juice with no ill effects.. (I'm 2 weeks out) I don't regularly drink juice, but I wanted to see if I'd have issues.

I was only 8 days out and I think it was the sugar or the watermelon meat that went in my new tummy and it didn't like it :/

We were told nothing but their store shakes an Soups for three weeks. Boy I can't figure that out. An four to six weeks still soups, shakes, some tuna, soft egg, an absolutely No sugar or Carbs. That's how we gained the weight. Don't want it to come back. And it will if we don't eat right. No juice ever. No candy, cake, pies , pastries ever.

Sugar is the fault. Sugar in fruit an juice a. No juice ever. Toomuchsugar. Water, water. Wasn't you given a new diet each time you went to Dr? You will get new diets an You Must Follow them. Or the surgery is doing No good.

Sugar is the fault. Sugar in fruit an juice a. No juice ever. Toomuchsugar. Water, water. Wasn't you given a new diet each time you went to Dr? You will get new diets an You Must Follow them. Or the surgery is doing No good.

They did like I mention before it was my mistake and want other to not fall into that that's why I shared what happen!!

I don't think the little watermelon juice will have any lasting harm. Just don't do it again. Each doc has different guidelines so get back to your doc's requirements and you'll be fine.

@@PJO your program seems very restrictive. I'm right at 4 weeks and will be adding juice and fruit in a few days. I've had carbs (very tiny amounts) and I'm still losing.