Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still here and doing well!

Hey folks. I am taking the advise of one of our members and killing off my few month old thread that I created when I was so sick with so many complications. I appreciate all the one support this board provided me, it really helped me get through the toughest time of my life.

So now the update

I started out at 308 back in end of October, surgery was on November 6th, as of this morning I am down to 225 and can start to smell One-der Land :). I'm still battling with daily nausea but not as bad as a couple of weeks ago. I have stopped taking compazine and Zofran 2 weeks ago so I could get off that stuff. It's been 6 weeks since the botox procedure of my pyloric valve. Was told the botox could last up to 2 months. Not sure what will happen when it wears off. Hopefully it already has and I'm doing fine. I'm not letting it worry me and just trying to live my life.

I know I need to do better on fluids daily and Protein but doing the best I can and again I feel OK except for some nausea that last while here and there each day.

I'm about to email on a new journey in a new job after 10 years with current employer so hoping my health stays from fine :) fingers crossed.

So yes, I'm still here and holding my own and proud to be down 83 lbs. For those that are wondering, my wife who had the bypass on December 2nd is doing great and is down 92 lbs.

Again thanks to all for the support!

Al

Sorry a few typos but you get the gist. Can't see where I can edit on this app. Darn autocorrect lol

I'm so glad!

Absolutely thrilled that you are doing so much better. It's tough enough just to have surgery, but then to have to deal with everything you've been through.... Bless Your Heart!

Who cares about typos? It's so nice to hear that things are going well for you! I hope it continues to do so! Here's hoping the job search goes well!

Thanks for the update! :D

A little fishing a couple weeks ago. Doing well, down 85 lbs

post-235435-14274975975823_thumb.jpg

So happy to hear you are doing so well. Dehydration can cause nausea, try to push those fluids! I just had to go in for iv fluids after a week of nausea, turns out I was dehydrated. Keep up the good feels!!

Relieved to hear of your progress. You are looking great with your weight loss. Hopefully the past issues will not rear their ugly heads, and it will be a smooth recovery form now on.

still here - holding my own - down 83 lbs.

@@nprcowboy

great pic

next time please close your mouth

oh wait a minute - that is the fish!!! :lol:

you look great too :)

remind me please...............what are the botox shots for - what do they do????

sorry you are still experiencing nausea :mellow:

some people have no support/help :(

continued kudos to your wife for being there for you

happy she is doing so well

92 lbs down!!!

considering the job market these days

its great to have a job period

you stepped out of the box

out of your comfort zone applying for a new job :)

that is a little scary

brave

dropping 83 lbs :)

you probably felt more confident about yourself when you applied for the job :)

giving you a little "leeway" on not drinking enough Water

Protein intake too

but don't take advantage!!! ;)

give you an inch and you'll take a mile!!! ;)

it can be hard to push the fluids and the Protein :(

important/necessary

Get over it!! :o :lol:

drink, drink, drink

more protein too

you are fishing, working, smiling.............

are you pretty much back to "normal"???

(whatever that word means)

please, please, please continue to feel better

fingers and toes crossed

you are FINALLY on the road to health, happiness and a longer life

who deserves it more!!!

good luck

kathy

congrats

And here you thought Botox was for wrinkles. Glad to hear you're doing better !!

still here - holding my own - down 83 lbs.

@@nprcowboy

great pic

next time please close your mouth

oh wait a minute - that is the fish!!! :lol:

you look great too :)

remind me please...............what are the botox shots for - what do they do????

sorry you are still experiencing nausea :mellow:

some people have no support/help :(

continued kudos to your wife for being there for you

happy she is doing so well

92 lbs down!!!

considering the job market these days

its great to have a job period

you stepped out of the box

out of your comfort zone applying for a new job :)

that is a little scary

brave

dropping 83 lbs :)

you probably felt more confident about yourself when you applied for the job :)

giving you a little "leeway" on not drinking enough Water

Protein intake too

but don't take advantage!!! ;)

give you an inch and you'll take a mile!!! ;)

it can be hard to push the fluids and the Protein :(

important/necessary

Get over it!! :o :lol:

drink, drink, drink

more protein too

you are fishing, working, smiling.............

are you pretty much back to "normal"???

(whatever that word means)

please, please, please continue to feel better

fingers and toes crossed

you are FINALLY on the road to health, happiness and a longer life

who deserves it more!!!

good luck

kathy

congrats

Lol. You crank me up :) the botox was the relax my pyloric valve, which is valve that controls emptying of stomach.

Yeah exciting and scary about the new job, but taking the chance! Last day of work is April 10th, then start new job April 20th. I will travel like 30 % in my new job so praying health issues stay at bay. If I could shake this nausea, which is less these days, I wouldn't feel any symptoms from where I came. But so far so good!

Crack me up lol. Autocorrect