Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie with a surgery date of April 9th

I am so excited. I have my surgery date for April 9th!! Little nervous about the pre op diet though. I've been doing shakes for lunch and Breakfast for the last two weeks and have a small piece of chicken and salad for dinner. That is what my dr put me on up until the surgery. I have cheated some on it basically just on the weekends. Those are the hardest for me. Any advice on how to mentally prepare myself for the next coming of weeks.

Congratulations! Springtime is such a great time to be starting this new chapter. Pre-op protocol varies and can be really hard. The purpose is to shrink the fat around the liver to make it easier for the surgeon to place the band. I also loved the fact that for the first time ever the pounds that I was losing during pre-op were ones I would never see again. Good luck to you -- you're doing great! I was glad that I upped my exercise prior to surgery -- walking a little more each day gave me something to step into right after I woke up and I think this kicked my body into healing mode. Best wishes!

Thank you! That is what I am so afraid of my liver. My doctor did not put a number on the pounds to lose. Just to stick to the diet to shrink my liver. I'm so worried that it will not be right lol.

Edited by jes21

My surgery is the 9 th as well. I'm also on the two shakes and one small meal plan. It has gotten easier but still have to work at it down twelve pounds guess it's a start.

That is great Hoppy5! I had my preop this past Thursday and I have lost 12 pounds as well! It's getting very close!

Good luck Hoppy and Jes! Let us know how things went....I go the 16th

Home from hospital. Couldn't have went any better got there at 8:30 to me back 15 minutes later. I dressed and then started talking to the people involved and the started my IV. They wheeled me back around 9:15 got me on table and the next thing I know I was waking up at 10:30. Went to the bathroom had some ice chips and Water changed clothes and was walking out the door at noon. I had a hour ride home and I'm now sitting in my recliner getting ready to watch a movie. I'm feeling really good right now minimal pain. BUT I'm staying on my pain meds to the exact minute. My friend who has had one for six years said this is a must. Mo time time to be a hero. Lol will keep you guys posted thanks again for all the thoughts and wishes.

That's awesome Hoppy!! Walk around too to avoid or at least reduce the gas pains! So glad it went well :))

Congrats on entering the next phase!!

Not hungry at all just crushed some ice and made a little freeze with Water and a crystal light. Small spoon fulls. Already ready walking and they sent me home with pressurized calf sleeves to help with clots.

Hoppy, how did day 2 go? Hang in there!!

Day two was good lot of Water and ice chips. Very little pain more sore. Went grocery shopping and over to my moms for quick visit. Things going well. Knock on wood. Gonna watch my oldest play some baseball tomorrow and relax hope I feel this way tomorrow.

Great to hear Hoppy! Keep up the good work :)