Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2014 updates~photo encouraged!

Were you sleeved in December 2014? Come join us on our 1st year surgiversary cruise to the Bahamas!

Our December 2014 Sleevers Facebook group is having a 1-year surgiversary get together! We are going to do a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas. Below is the information:

Departing: December 4, 2015

Returning: December 7, 2015

Departure location: Miami, FL

The cost is based on double occupancy, however you may chose to have a room of your own, but you will still be charged the double occupancy rate.

Itinerary: Miami --> Coco Keys (cruise line's private island) --> Nassau (8 hours) --> Miami

Ship: Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

Cabin Costs: (total cost for cruise per person)

Interior - $358/pp

Porthole Ocean-view - $341/pp

Portrait Window - $348.50/pp

Jr. Suite - $641/pp

Grand Suite - $941/pp

Payments - A $50 deposit is due, per cabin, within 21 days. Another $150 is due within 120 days of cruise departure, and the final balance is due within 75 days of cruise departure. We have been assigned our own personal group agent that will send everyone a copy of the agreement with all payment due dates, etc. If you are not able to make the entire cruise payment at one time, you will have the options of making payments payments toward your final bill as you like as long as they are made by the appropriate dates. All payments are made to the travel agency organizing this cruise. No payments are made to me.

Required Documents - For this particular cruise, the documents required are Passport OR Certified copy of your birth certificate and your state ID.

We are also inviting a spouse or significant other should they have a desire to go, and it makes your participation easier. There are quite a few people in our lives that have been through quite a bit since we started our journey, and I feel strongly that their love and support should also be celebrated.

If you want to join us on this cruise, please send me a message with your name, contact information, and how many people you are bringing so that I can confirm your participation and make sure you get all the necessary information from the travel agent.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Hi GreenEyes 604,

I was sleeved in Dec 2014. My husband and I are interested in the cruise, will you please send us some information?

Thank you,

Cheri Durr-Goolsby

7824 N Emerald Ave

Portland Oregon 97217

The photo on the left was from this time last year. Surgery was Dec. 31st 2014.

post-251690-14299220104076_thumb.jpg

The photo on the left was from this time last year. Surgery was Dec. 31st 2014.

You look so pretty. Now just keep reminding yourself of that. Great work.

Paula

7-28-14

post-247811-14303480770119_thumb.jpg

Sorry just realized this a thread for Dec surgery in general and now I can't delete..smh lol

@@kickboxlvr Nice. Looking good! (Even if you posted in the wrong place!)

Now that I am almost to the half-way point I figured I could share some pics. The before pictures were taken the 2nd and 3rd week of October and the after pictures were taken this weekend. I've lost about 158 lbs so far between the two months before surgery and post-surgery.

I have to clarify. These are not the greatest pics of me!! Haha. The before pic with the pink shirt is so horrible because I only took it to weigh in at dietbet one morning. I had woken up late that day and threw on some clothes (no bra) and ran downstairs with my scale and had my mom take the picture. It is pretty much the most unflattering photo of me ever taken!! And the purple-shirt "after" pic was taken after I'd just gotten done with a 5k (that's post 5k hair after I just took my ponytail out!). I had my mom take my pic so I could text my friend to show her that my race t-shirt "sort of" fit.

April 26

April 24

Edited by heynowkc

The cold kept me in too! But now that the weather is better, I've been going to the YMCA body pump group class (group strength training workout with barbells and hand weights) 2xwk. I try to add in a 3rd day of just cardio. I'm trying to work up to at least 4xwk. Really enjoy the body pump though!

I do miss Water aerobics though. That was a full body resistance workout. My YMCA discontinued the class because they didn't have enough people. Hope they bring it back.

Starting weight 284 at 211 now! I cannot believe it

post-235797-14320872367889_thumb.jpg

Wow! @@Brandie Harris that is awesome!

It always amazes me how much younger people look in their after pics compared to the before. I can't wait until I join the losers bench.

Great job. You look fantastic!